If you are looking for a fun and festive dessert this holiday, make Grinch Bark. The green candy topped with sprinkles and red hearts is so fun to make.
Get my Christmas Cookbook Bundle 75%
Easy Grinch Christmas Bark Recipe:
You only need 4 ingredients to make this grinch bark recipe. We love making fun treats for the holiday and grinch desserts is one of our favorites. Making this chocolate candy Christmas bark will remind of Christmas at grandmas.
Make a fun tradition this Christmas and make this simple ingredient Grinch Bark. This is the perfect holiday treat to get the kids involved. My kids love adding the sprinkles and the fun red hearts.
This bark is perfect for holiday dessert trays or to wrap up for friends and family. This holiday dessert is budget friendly and taste amazing. Try all our Best Christmas Bark Recipes.
What is Grinch Bark?
Grinch Bark is just like any holiday bark, but it is made with green candy melts. The fun green color and the red heart sprinkle will remind you of the Grinch.
It is a fun and festive treat to make this holiday season.
- Green Chocolate Candy Melts
- Green M&Ms
- Green Sprinkles
- Red Candy Hearts
How to Make Grinch Bark:
- Step 1 – Prepare Baking Sheet – Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Step 2 – Melt Candy Melt – Place the green chocolate candy melts in a microwave safe dish. Microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring after each interval until the chocolate is completely melted.
- Step 3 – Spread on baking sheet – Spread the melted chocolate out on the parchment paper.
- Step 4 – Add Sprinkles – Then sprinkle the M&Ms and sprinkles on top of the melted white chocolate.
- Step 5 – Allow it to harden – Then let the bark sit at room temperature until the chocolate hardens (about 2-3 hours). Or you can put the mixture in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Step 6 – Break into pieces – Once the chocolate has re-harden, break the bark into pieces and then serve and enjoy.
How to Store:
Store any leftover bark in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Can Grinch Bark be made ahead of time?
Yes, this is the perfect dessert to be made ahead of time. Not only is the recipe easy to make, but it is great to prepare ahead of all of your holiday baking.
This is my favorite way to make this as I can have it stocked and ready for any holiday gathering.
- Add Variety of Candy Melts – Feel free to melt white candy melts to drizzle over the top. White Chocolate Candy Christmas make for a fun and festive look on the Grinch Candy.
- Sprinkles – Use different candies on top. You can use bright colors or different colors of M&M’s.
- Mix in Nuts – Add nuts to the top or in the chocolate.
- Peppermint Candy – To add to the fun and festive look, you can chop up some candy canes to add to the top of the bark.
- Use Different Chocolate – Try using milk chocolate or dark chocolate chips for a change. We like using candy melts as they come in a variety of colors.
Grinch Bark Tips:
- Room Temperature – Allow the bark to come to room temperature before breaking so that the layers do not separate.
- Break Bark – If the bark is difficult to break with your hands you can use a wooden spoon to gently help. Don’t break into sizes to small. I like to keep the pieces in larger pieces.
- Melting Candy Melt – Slowly melt the candy melts in the microwave. You want to melt in 30 second intervals until candy melt is melted. Use a microwave safe bowl to melt the chocolate.
- Line Baking Sheet – Line baking sheet with parchment paper before pouring the melted chocolate. This will help with cleanup.
Can you Freeze Grinch Chocolate Bark?
If you want to freeze Grinch bark, allow it to harden after making. Then wrap Christmas bark in plastic wrap and place in a air tight freezer container. When you are ready to serve, thaw in the refrigerator.
This makes it possible to make the Grinch Bark ahead of time.
Print Recipe here for Grinch Bark:
- 32 oz Green Chocolate Candy Melts
- 2 Tablespoons Green M&Ms
- 2 Tablespoons Green Sprinkles
- 1 Tablespoon Red Candy Hearts
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the green chocolate candy melts in a microwave safe dish. Microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring after each interval until the chocolate is completely melted.
- Spread the melted chocolate out on the parchment paper.
- Then sprinkle the M&Ms and sprinkles on top of the melted white chocolate.
- Then let the bark sit at room temperature until the chocolate hardens (about 2-3 hours). Or you can put the mixture in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Once the chocolate has re-harden, break the bark into pieces and then serve and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe