Grinch Pretzels are the perfect sweet and salty holiday treat to make this Christmas. They are loaded with flavor and you only need 3 ingredients.
Get my Christmas Cookbook Bundle 75%
Grinch Chocolate Covered Pretzels:
We love making special treats during the holiday season. These Grinch pretzel bites and our Christmas Mints are always on the list because of the fun green color and heart shaped sprinkle.
If you are having a Grinch themed party, make these Chocolate Covered Pretzels. They are loaded with flavor and simple to make. These Grinch Pretzels would be perfect for movie night or decorating the Christmas tree.
Make these fun and festive treat this holiday season for your cookie tray or wrap up and give as a gift.
- Mini Pretzel Twists
- Green Candy Melts
- Red Heart Sprinkles
How to Make Grinch Pretzels:
- Step 1 – Prepared Baking Sheet – Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or wax paper.
- Step 2 – Melt Chocolate – Place the green candy melts in a microwave safe bowl. Heat in 30 second intervals, stirring after each interval, until fully melted.
- Step 3 – Dip Pretzel – Dip half of the mini pretzels twists in the melted candy melts. Then place on the baking sheet.
- Step 4 – Top with a Heart Sprinkle – Immediately top each one with a heart sprinkle before the candy melts dries.
- Step 5 – Let Harden – Let sit until the candy hardens (1-2 hours).
- Step 6 – Serve and Enjoy – Then the pretzels are ready to serve and enjoy!
How to Store:
Store the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks. This is the perfect dessert to make in advance.
- Melting Chocolate – Ensure that the chocolate or candy melts are completely melted before dipping the pretzels. I melted mine in the microwave and it was quick and easy. But you can also use a double boiler to melt them as well. Make sure to not overheat chocolate.
- Top with Heart Sprinkle – After dipping the pretzel in the melted chocolate, immediately add the red sprinkle to the pretzel.
- Line the Baking Sheet – For easy cleanup, line the baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Chocolate Variation – Feel free to use different chocolate to melted. You can use almond bark or white chocolate and dye it green. You can also melt another color and drizzle on top of the pretzels.
- Pretzel Rods – Instead of mini pretzels, use pretzel rods and dip into the melted chocolate.
- Red Candy – If you are unable to get red heart sprinkles, you can use red M&M’s. Any other types of red sprinkles will also work.
Can you Freeze Grinch Pretzels?
Yes, you can freeze these Grinch Pretzels. Place in a freezer container or ziplock freezer bag.
This would be a great option if you want to prepare ahead of time.
Why we Love this Grinch Pretzel Recipe:
- Simple Ingredients – This recipe only requires 3 ingredients, which make for the perfect dessert to make for the holidays.
- Easy to Make – This recipe is so easy to make. Get the kids involved and they will have fun dipping the pretzels in the chocolate.
- Holiday Themed Party – If you are hosting a Christmas party, make these chocolate covered pretzel. They are usually the first to go and the sweet and salty combination is everyone’s favorite.
Print Recipe for Grinch Pretzels:
- 1 bag Mini Pretzel Twists
- 12 ounces Green Candy Melts
- 50 Red Heart Sprinkles
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or wax paper.
- Place the green candy melts in a microwave safe bowl. Heat in 30 second intervals, stirring after each interval, until fully melted.
- Dip half of the mini pretzels twists in the melted candy melts and then place on the baking sheet.
- Immediately top each one with a heart sprinkle before the candy melts dries.
- Let sit until the candy hardens (1-2 hours).
- Then the pretzels are ready to serve and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe