These Grinch Chocolate Covered Oreos are sure to put you in the holiday spirit. This no bake dessert is perfect for all your grinch themed parties.
Easy Grinch Chocolate Covered Oreos:
We love making Grinch themed desserts for the holidays. The fun green coated desserts are sure to impress your family and friends this holiday season.
We have made Grinch Oreo Balls and Grinch Oreo Pops as part of holiday baking and the kids love it. It is a tradition to turn on a Grinch movie, decorate the tree and enjoy these chocolate covered Oreos.
This easy recipe is both delicious and made with simple ingredients that you can easily get at the grocery store. If you like making Grinch recipes as much as my family, make this 4 ingredient treat.
- Oreo Cookies
- Green Candy Melts (12 ounces)
- Coconut Oil
- Red Heart Sprinkles
How to Make Grinch Chocolate Covered Oreos:
- Step 1 – Prepare Baking Sheet – Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or wax paper.
- Step 2 – Melt Candy Melts – Place the candy melts in coconut oil in a microwave safe bowl. Heat candy melts in 30 second intervals. Stir after each interval until fully melted. Be careful not to over heat.
- Step 3 – Dip Oreo in melted chocolate – Then place an Oreo in the melted candy and use a fork to remove the Oreo carefully.
- Step 4 – Remove Excess Chocolate – While the Oreo is on the fork gently tap the fork against the side of the bowl to remove any excess candy from the Oreo.
- Step 5 – Decorate Oreo – Then place the Oreos on the baking sheet and top each Oreo with a Heart sprinkle.
- Step 6 – Rest Oreo – Then let them sit at room temperature for approximately 1 hour.
- Step 7 – Place melted candy melt in piping bag – Place the remaining candy melts in a piping bag or ziplock bag (you may need to reheat the leftover candy melts if they have solidified). Cut a small corner off the end of the bag.
- Step 8 – Drizzle Candy Melts – Drizzle the candy melts onto the Oreos to decorate them. Let sit for 20 to 30 minutes until dry.
- Step 9 – Serve and Enjoy – Then the Oreos are ready to serve and enjoy.
Tips for Chocolate Covered Oreos:
- Remove excess chocolate – While dipping the cookies, gently tap the edge of the fork against the bowl to remove excess candy coating chocolate.
- Melting Chocolate – Slowly melt the candy melts in the microwave. We recommend melting in 30 seconds intervals.
- Decorating Oreos – If you wait too long to add the sprinkles or toppings, they will not stick to the Oreo. Toppings should be added right away.
- Prepare the pan – I recommend placing a sheet of parchment paper on the pan before placing the cookies. This will catch any drips and make cleanup so easy.
- Allow Oreo to Dry – Allow the chocolate covered to dry for at least 30 minutes.
- Piping Bag – If you do not have a piping bag, you can place the melted chocolate in a zip lock bag. Then cut off one of the corners and then you drizzle the chocolate. You can also drizzle with a fork. It doesn’t have to be perfect.
How Long do these Grinch Oreos last:
These Grinch Chocolate Covered Oreos are great to make ahead of time. They will last about a week at room temperature or in the fridge for about 2 weeks.
These cookies are great to wrap up and give out as gifts to your friends and neighbors.
- Candy Melt – We like using candy melts because there are so many different colors you can choose from. If using white chocolate chips, you can use green food coloring to create the green color.
- Sprinkles – We love to use a candy heart to top the chocolate covered Oreos. But you can also use red sprinkles or a red M&M.
- Oreo Truffle – If you prefer you can make Oreo Truffles instead. Crush Oreos in a food processor and mix with softened cream cheese. Then dip into melted green candy melt for a fun and festive treat.
- Oreos – Feel free to use different flavors of Oreos to make this recipe.
- Candy Melts – You can use red candy melts to dip these Oreos in and drizzle with melted green melts. This a fun variation to this recipe.
Can you Freeze Grinch Oreo Cookies?
These cookies can be frozen up to 3 months. Allow them to completely dry prior to freezing. Separate the layers of cookies using parchment paper. Place inside an airtight freezer container.
When serving, thaw the cookies on the counter and then enjoy.
How to Store Leftovers:
Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3-4 weeks. These Grinch Oreos are great for a dessert tray or a cooking exchange party.
Print Recipe for Grinch Chocolate Covered Oreos:
Grinch Chocolate Covered Oreos
- 20 Oreo Cookies
- 1 pkg Green Candy Melts 12 ounces
- 1 Tablespoon Coconut Oil
- 20 Red Heart Sprinkles
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or wax paper.
- Place the candy melts in coconut oil in a microwave safe bowl. Heat in 30 second intervals, stirring after each interval until fully melted. Be careful not to over heat.
- Then place an Oreo in the melted candy and use a fork to remove the Oreo carefully.
- While the Oreo is on the fork gently tap the fork against the side of the bowl to remove any excess candy from the Oreo.
- Then place the Oreos on the baking sheet and top each Oreo with a Heart sprinkle.
- Then let them sit at room temperature for approximately 1 hour.
- Place the remaining candy melts in a piping bag or ziplock bag (you may need to reheat the leftover candy melts if they have solidified). Cut a small corner off the end of the bag.
- Drizzle the candy melts onto the Oreos to decorate them. Let sit for 20-30 minutes until dry.
- Then the Oreos are ready to serve and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More Grinch Dessert Recipes:
- Grinch Brownies Recipe
- Grinch Pie Recipe
- Grinch Popcorn Balls
- Easy Grinch Pretzels Recipe
- Grinch Hot Chocolate