Grinch Oreo Balls are a fun and festive no bake dessert that is made with simple ingredients. The perfect dessert to bring to all your holiday parties.
Get my Christmas Cookbook Bundle 75%
These Grinch Christmas Truffles are so fun to make for the holiday season. We love making Grinch themed desserts. The fun bright green color with the special red heart sprinkle always is a family favorite.
We always have holiday parties to attend and making desserts with the kids always is a holiday tradition. Celebrate the holidays with this simple ingredients Oreo ball dessert. You may even make these Christmas Truffles or Sugar Cookie Truffles for a crowd pleasing dessert.
Table of Contents
Why This Recipe Works:
The chocolate covered Oreo Truffle is an easy recipe to make. The Oreo’s are crushed and mixed with cream cheese to form into balls.
The balls are then dipped in green colored melted chocolate to make the perfect Grinch Oreo Ball. The flavor is amazing and the perfect bite size sweet treat.
Make these Grinch Oreo Balls a Christmas tradition to enjoy while watching The Grinch Stole Christmas.
- Softened Cream Cheese
- Oreo Cookies
- White Almond Bark
- Green Gel Food Coloring
- Red Heart Sprinkles
For the full list of ingredients and recipe, scroll to the bottom for the recipe card.
- Oreo – We used regular Oreos but you can use Mint Oreos if you preferred.
- Melting Chocolate – We used almond bark in the recipe, but you can use candy melts or white chocolate chips.
- Sprinkles – If you are unable to locate a red heart sprinkle, you can use red sprinkle salt instead.
- Drizzle Chocolate – You can easily save some white chocolate and color it with red food coloring. Then drizzle with red chocolate over the Oreo balls.
Step by Step Instructions:
- Step 1 – Prepare Baking Sheet – Line a cutting board or baking sheet with parchment paper.
Step 2 – Crush Oreos in a food processor.
Step 3 – Combine cream cheese and crushed cookies in a bowl until well blended.
Step 4 – Form the oreo cream cheese mixture into 1″ balls and place on a prepared sheet. Place in the freezer for 30 minutes.
Step 5 – Heat the almond bark by microwaving for 1 minute. Stir well. Then continue to heat in 30 second intervals, stirring after each interval until the almond bark is completely melted.
Step 6 – Stir in the gel green food coloring and stir until you have your preferred color.
Step 7 – Place fork on the Oreo balls.
Step 8 – Using a fork to dip each ball into the green almond bark to completely coat. Shake off excess and return to the baking sheet.
Step 9 – Place a heart sprinkle on each truffle before the almond bark sets. Let the truffle completely sit at room temperature until the almond bark hardens. Then the truffles are ready to serve and enjoy.
- Use a Food Processor. – It will help to use a food processor like these on Amazon if you don’t have one. I prefer the Oreos to be crushed into fine crumbs as they mix easier. However, if you don’t have a food processor, you can crush Oreos in a ziplock bag with a rolling pin.
- Use a Cookie Scoop – I highly recommend using a cookie scoop to form the balls with the Oreo mixture. You will thank me later because it saves so much time on making each Oreo ball the same size.
- Use a Fork – I recommend using a fork to coat the Oreo cookie balls with the green chocolate coating instead of a spoon. This fork allows the excess chocolate to drip off so that the chocolate is smooth.
- Use full fat cream cheese – Don’t use light cream cheese, the full fat one is the best option for this recipe. It will make creamy Oreo balls.
- Freezer Oreo Balls – Be sure to freeze the Oreo balls before attempting to dip them in the chocolate so that they don’t fall apart.
Can you Freeze Oreo Balls?
Yes, these Grinch Oreo Balls freeze great. I recommend placing them on a baking sheet. Then place that baking sheet in the freezer for at least 1 hour.
After that time, move them to a freezer bag and store for up to 3 months. This process will ensure that the candy coated Oreo balls do not stick together when frozen.
This allows you to take out one at a time if you only want to serve a few at a time. Freezing Oreo Balls allows to get ahead of your holiday baking.
How to Get a Smooth Finish:
For a smooth finish on your Grinch Oreo Balls make sure you are using a good chocolate.
- We recommend using melting wafers, green candy melts, or almond bark and that is thoroughly melted.
- Make sure you have all your supplies ready so you can move quickly.
- Dip balls into melted chocolate with fork or cover with a spoon
- Tap fork on bowl and place on parchment for chocolate to harden.
How to Store:
Store your leftover in an airtight container in the fridge. They will last up to a week if stored properly.
More Grinch Desserts:
- Grinch Rice Krispie Treats
- Grinch Cake Pops
- Grinch Oreo Pops
- Grinch Chocolate Covered Oreos
- Grinch Brownies
- Grinch Cinnamon Rolls
- Grinch Punch
- Grinch Cupcake Recipe
We love hearing from you. If you make this Grinch Truffles, make sure to leave a message or a star review.
Grinch Oreo Balls
- 8 oz softened Cream Cheese
- 14.5 oz Oreo Cookies
- 1 pound white almond bark
- Green Gel Food Coloring
- Red Heart Sprinkles
- Line a cutting board or baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Crush Oreos in a food processor.
- Combine cream cheese and crushed cookies in a bowl until well blended.
- Form the oreo cream cheese mixture into 1″ balls and place on a prepared sheet.
- Place in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Heat the almond bark by microwaving for 1 minute. Stir well. Then continue to heat in 30 second intervals, stirring after each interval until the almond bark is completely melted.
- Stir in the gel green food coloring and stir until you have your preferred color.
- Using a fork to dip each ball into the green almond bark to completely coat. Shake off excess and return to the baking sheet.
- Place a heart sprinkle on each truffle before the almond bark sets.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe