If you are looking for a No Bake Cookie to make this holiday make, Nutter Butter Reindeers. These adorable reindeer cookies are easy to make.
Get my Christmas Cookbook Bundle 75%
This no bake Christmas treats, just like Reindeer Pretzel Rods, is perfect to make this holiday season. The kids will have so much fun turning store-bought cookies into cute reindeer treats.
We like making them with these peanut butter cookies as they are the perfect reindeer face shape. Make sure to check out these other Reindeer themed desserts – Reindeer Cupcakes and Reindeer Brownies.
Table of Contents
These no bake treats are perfect for holiday parties or your cookie trays. There are many ways to decorate these cute treats. You can even make reindeer sugar cookies as an easy variations.
- Nutter Butter Sandwich Cookies
- Mini Pretzels
- Small Candy Eyes
- Red M & M candies
- Chocolate Chips
How to Make Nutter Butter Reindeer Cookies:
- Step 1 – Cut Pretzels – Carefully cut the pretzels in half for the antlers. Use a large knife to cut them to keep them from breaking.
- Step 2 – Melt Chocolate – Place the chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl. Heat in 20 second intervals, stirring between each interval, until fully melted.
- Step 3 – Place Pretzel Pieces – Use the melted chocolate chips as glue. Then place the pretzel pieces on top of the Nutter Butter cookies.
- Step 4 – Add two Candy Eyes – Then use the melted chocolate to add on the candy eyes right below the antlers. Press one red M&M below the eyes more toward the center of the cookies for the noses. You only need a small amount.
- Step 5 – Continue Decorating – Continue this process until all the cookies are decorated.
- Step 6 – Rest Cookies – Let the cookies sit for approximately 20-30 minutes until the chocolate hardens.
- Step 7 – Serve and Enjoy – Then the cookies are ready to serve and enjoy.
- Red M&Ms – We used M&M’s for the red nose, but you can also use red hots as a great substitute.
- Chocolate – We used milk chocolate chips to secure the eyes and the pretzel antlers. But you can use different types of chocolate. You can get chocolate candy melts, dark chocolate or use almond bark. Try white melted chocolate for a delicious variation.
- Eyes – If you can’t find in candy eyes, feel free to use mini chocolate chip for the eyes.
- Cookie – We like the shape of the peanut butter filling Nutter Butter cookies. But you can use any cookie. We just recommend it be a flat cookie.
- Dip the Cookies – For a fun variation to these cookies, dip them in melted chocolate before decorating them.
Reindeer Nutter Butter Cookies Recipe Tips:
- Decorating Cookie – Apply small dots of melted chocolate to the top of the cookie to secure the eyes and pretzels. Use a small amount and try to remove excess chocolate. You can even apply the chocolate with a toothpick.
- Allow Cookie to Rest – Make sure to cool and harden before serving these peanut butter reindeer cookies. This allows the chocolate to secure for the eyes and nose.
- Open one Nutter Butter – If you prefer you can open the nutter butter and decorate on the peanut butter. You can also place pretzel antlers on the side of the cookie or at the top cookie.
- Cookie Sheet – To decorate the cookie, we recommend placing the cookie on a flat surface.
Can I Freeze Nutter Butter Reindeer Cookies?
Yes, you can freeze these no bake holiday cookies. This makes it easy to make these cookies ahead of time for all your holiday gatherings. Prepare the cookies as the recipe indicates then place on a baking sheet.
Place the baking sheet in the freezer and allow the cookies to flash freeze. Then place in a freezer safe bag so you can take out the amount you need.
How to Store:
Store the leftover cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.
Nutter Butter Reindeer
- 24 Nutter Butter Sandwich Cookies
- 24 Mini Pretzels
- 48 Small Candy Eyes
- 24 Red M&Ms
- 1/4 cup Chocolate Chips
- Carefully cut the pretzels in half for the antlers. Use a large knife to cut them to keep them from breaking.
- Place the chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl. Heat in 20 second intervals, stirring between each interval, until fully melted.
- Use the melted chocolate chips as glue and place the pretzel pieces on top of the Nutter Butter cookies.
- Then use the melted chocolate to add on the candy eyes right below the antlers and the red M&M below the eyes more toward the center of the cookies for the noses.
- Continue this process until all the cookies are decorated.
- Let the cookies sit for approximately 20-30 minutes until the chocolate hardens.
- Then the cookies are ready to serve and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe