Chocolate Mousse Pie is creamy, delicious and easy to make. Simple ingredients make this pie a tradition for the holiday season.
Get my Christmas Cookbook Bundle 75%
Easy Chocolate Mousse Pie Recipe:
Chocolate Mousse Pie is a rich and creamy pie that easy is easy to make. This no bake pie is made with simple ingredients and perfect to prepare ahead of time. This is one of the best pies you will make this holiday season.
Creamy chocolate filling tops an Oreo Crust and then served with whipped cream and chocolate shavings. If you are serving chocolate fans, then this is a chocolate lovers dream!
We love to make pies for the holidays, and this is one of our favorites. This no bake pie is effortless to make but taste like you spent all day on it.
Why you will Love this Chocolate Pie:
- Crust – We used a store bought Oreo Crust to make this chocolate pie. It made it so easy and I didn’t have to spend time crushing the Oreos.
- Mousse Filling – This Chocolate Mousse Filling is delicious by itself. It is cream and delicious and it comes together with just a few ingredients.
- Topping – Topping the pie with whipped cream and chocolate shavings really completes the pie. It is simple and it takes just few minutes to prepare.
- Oreo Pie Crust 6 oz
- Semi-Sweet Chocolate finely chopped
- Heavy Whipping Cream chilled, divided
- Vanilla Extract
- Powdered Sugar
- Whipped Cream for serving
- Chocolate Shavings for serving
How to Make Chocolate Mousse Pie:
- Step 1 – Add Chocolate and Heavy Cream to bowl – Place the chocolate chips and 1 cup of the heavy whipping cream in a microwave safe bowl.
- Step 2 – Melt Chocolate and Cream – Heat in 30 second intervals, stirring after each interval, until the chocolate is fully melted. Then stir in salt. Be careful not to overheat and burn the chocolate.
- Step 3 – Cool Chocolate – Let the chocolate mixture sit at room temperature to allow it to cool slightly.
- Step 4 – Beat Ingredients – In a separate bowl, beat the remaining heavy whipping cream, vanilla extract and powdered sugar with a stand up mixer or hand held mixer until stiff peaks form.
- Step 5 – Combine Ingredients – Carefully fold the whipped cream mixture into the chocolate mixture until just combined.
- Step 6 – Mixing Ingredients – Be careful not to over mix
- Step 7 – Pour into Crust – Pour this mixture into the Oreo crust and chill for at least 4 hours until the pie is set (overnight works great too).
- Step 8 – Serve and Enjoy – When serving, top with the whipped cream and chocolate shavings.
Why is My Chocolate Mousse Soupy?
When combining the whipped cream mixture with the chocolate mixture, make sure to no overmix. You want to combine these ingredients until just mixed together. If mixing to long, it could cause the mixture to be soupy.
How to Cut Chocolate Mousse Pie:
To achieve clean lines when cutting the Chocolate Mousse Pie, it is best to warm your knife. Place the knife under hot water, wipe dry and then slice your pie. You may need to do this after each slice for best results.
What Type of Pan do I use?
Since we used a store bought pie crust, we used the pan that the pie crust came in. But if you are making Homemade pie crust, you may need to use springform pan or a regular pie dish.
For a more festive look, feel free to put the foil pie pan in a pie plate. This allows the pie to be more sturdy when transporting.
- Chocolate Shavings – You can chop chocolate in different ways. We found that a vegetable peeler works great to get the perfect shaved chocolate. But you can also use a food processor.
- Melting Chocolate – For a smooth chocolate texture, make sure to not over heat the chocolate. We like to melt in 30 second intervals so we can stir each time.
- Cooling Chocolate – After the chocolate and heavy cream has melted, allow it to cool to room temperature.
- Cooling Pie – It is important to allow the pie to chill after combining all the ingredients. This allows the pie to set properly. We like to prepare the pie the day before serving so it can chill overnight.
Chocolate Pie Variations:
- Crust – Feel free to change the crust in this recipe. We love the flavor of the Oreo Crust, but you can make homemade crust. A graham cracker crust would also be delicious in this recipe.
- Homemade Whipped Topping – Feel free to make Homemade Whipped topping for this recipe. It is easy to make and is so delicious.
- Chocolate Topping – We love the chocolate shavings that are added to the top of these pie. But you can also sprinkle with mini chocolate chips. Feel free to use dark chocolate or milk chocolate variation.
How to Store Leftovers:
Refrigerate the leftovers, covered, for up to 5 days. Store in an air tight container for best results.
Can I Freeze Chocolate Mousse Pie?
Yes, this pie is perfect to freezer and serve a different day. We recommend prepare the chocolate filling and placing in the Oreo Crust. Then when you are ready to serve top with the whipped topping and chocolate shavings.
Wrap pie in plastic wrap and foil and store in a freeze safe container. The pie will last about 2 months. Then when ready to serve, thaw pie in the fridge overnight or for about 24 hours.
Top with whipped topping and chocolate shavings and serve.
Print Recipe for Chocolate Mousse Pie:
Chocolate Mousse Pie
- 1 Pre-made Oreo Pie Crust 6 oz
- 12 oz Semi-Sweet Chocolate finely chopped
- 3 cups Heavy Whipping Cream chilled divided
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup Powdered Sugar
- Whipped Cream for serving
- Chocolate Shavings for serving
- Place the chocolate chips and 1 cup of the heavy whipping cream in a microwave safe bowl.
- Heat in 30 second intervals, stirring after each interval, until the chocolate is fully melted. Then stir in salt. Be careful not to overheat and burn the chocolate.
- Let the chocolate mixture sit at room temperature to allow it to cool slightly.
- In a separate bowl, beat the remaining heavy whipping cream, vanilla extract and powdered sugar with a stand up mixer or hand held mixer until stiff peaks form.
- Carefully fold the whipped cream mixture into the chocolate mixture until just combined.
- Be careful not to over mix
- Pour this mixture into the Oreo crust and chill for at least 4 hours until the pie is set (overnight works great too).
- When serving, top with the whipped cream and chocolate shavings.
- Notes: Refrigerate the leftovers, covered, for up to 5 days.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe