Reindeer Pretzel Rods is the perfect holiday dessert. You only need a few ingredients to make this sweet and salty, kid friendly treat.
Get my Christmas Cookbook Bundle 75%
Chocolate Covered Pretzel Rod Reindeer is made with 5 simple ingredients and easy to make. Being a mom of 8, I love making holiday treats with my kids. These pretzel rod reindeers are always on the list.
If you want to make memories with your kids too, check out more of these Christmas Dessert Recipes. You may also love these Reindeer Brownies, Reindeer Cupcakes, Reindeer Pancakes or Nutter Butter Reindeers.
Table of Contents
Why We Love this Festive Treat:
Pretzel Rod Reindeer make the perfect homemade holiday gifts. This no bake treat is perfect for all your Christmas Cookie trays and more.
You can also use them as a centerpiece for your holiday table. Make these reindeer treats for a crowd favorite holiday treat.
- Melting Chocolate (12 ounces)
- Large Pretzel Rods
- Candy Eyes
- Mini Red M&M
- Pretzel Twists
For the full list of ingredients and recipe, make sure to scroll to the bottom to see recipe card.
- Red Candy – Feel free to use any red candy for the red candy nose.
- Holiday Sprinkles – Add your favorite holiday sprinkles to make these red-nosed reindeer sparkle.
- Chocolate – We used chocolate candy melts, but you can also use white chocolate almond bark or milk chocolate chips.
- Rolo Candy – You can make these reindeer pretzels with a rolo candy as the head to make rolo pretzel reindeers. Another idea for the reindeer head as Hershey’s Kisses.
Step by Step Instructions:
Step 1 – Gently break each of the pretzel twists in half to make the antlers for the reindeers.
Step 2 – Melt the melting chocolate in a tall glass. Heat the chocolate in 30 second intervals, stirring after each interval, until they are fully melted.
Step 3 – Dip each of the pretzel rods in the melting chocolate making sure to cover about half of the pretzel. Then place them on the prepared baking sheet.
Step 4 – Work quickly before the melting chocolate sets. Place candy eyes, mini M&Ms and the broken pretzels twist to the pretzel rods to make the reindeer faces.
- Chill Rudolph Pretzels – Refrigerate for 10 minutes for the chocolate to set. Then the pretzel rods are ready to serve and enjoy.
- Line Baking Sheet – Line the baking sheet with parchment paper for an easy clean up.
- Melting Chocolate – Use a microwave-safe bowl or a tall glass to melt the chocolate. Watch closely so chocolate does not burn.
Store any leftover bark in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Frequently Asked Questions:
If these Christmas Pretzel Rods are stored in an airtight container, they will last for about 2 weeks. The perfect treat to make ahead of time.
Yes, you can melt in a double boiler. Make sure to use a heatproof bowl to melt the chocolate over the saucepan.
More Easy Christmas Treat Recipes:
Make sure to comment below if you make these Reindeer Pretzel Rods. We love hearing from you.
Reindeer Pretzel Rods
- 1 pkg Melting Chocolate 12 ounces
- 24 Large Pretzel Rods
- 48 Candy Eyes
- 24 Mini Red M&Ms
- 48 Pretzel Twists
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper, parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Gently break each of the pretzel twists in half to make the antlers for the reindeers.
- Melt the melting chocolate in a tall glass.
- Heat the chocolate in 30 second intervals, stirring after each interval, until they are fully melted.
- Dip each of the pretzel rods in the melting chocolate making sure to cover about half of the pretzel. Then place them on the prepared baking sheet.
- Work quickly before the melting chocolate sets and place candy eyes, mini M&Ms and the broken pretzels twist to the pretzel rods to make the reindeer faces.
- Refrigerate for 10 minutes for the chocolate to set and then the pretzel rods are ready to serve and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe