White Chocolate Chex Mix is a simple sweet and salty treat to make this holiday season. It is made with simple ingredients and is easy to prepare.
Get my Christmas Cookbook Bundle 75%
This Chex Mix is loaded with Pretzels, two kinds of cereal, M&M’s and peanuts. It is then coasted with melted white chocolate for amazing flavor. It takes minutes to prepare and perfect for all your holiday parties.
Mix up the ingredients for holiday gifts for friends, family or neighbors for a Christmas Dessert Recipe. It is the perfect sweet and salty treat that everyone can’t resist. You may also love this Red Velvet Puppy Chow Recipe.
Table of Contents
What is White Chocolate Chex Mix?
White Chocolate Chex Mix takes your classic Chex Mix to the next level. The ingredients include two different types of cereal, pretzels, peanuts and M&M’s. It is then coated with melted white chocolate to add the perfect amount of sweetness.
This sweet and salty treat is sure to be a crowd pleaser and the perfect snack mix.
- Mini Pretzels
- Plain Cheerios
- Chex rice chex or corn chex
- Salted Peanuts
- White Baking Chips 12 oz
- Vegetable Oil
For the full list of ingredients and recipe, scroll to the bottom for the recipe card.
Substitutions and Variations
- Change the type of melting chocolate – Instead of using white chocolate chips use almond bark or melting chips.
- Change the M&M’s – Feel fee to use different colors of M&M’s. You can change them for different holidays.
- Pretzels – You can easily use pretzel sticks for this mixture instead of the regular pretzels.
- Nuts – You can easily omit the peanuts or use slice almonds instead of the peanuts.
- Oil – Instead of using vegetable oil, you can easily use coconut oil to melt the chocolate with.
- Peanut Butter – For added richness, you can mix in a tablespoon or two of peanut butter.
Step by Step Instructions
Step 1 – Combine the Ingredients – In a large bowl, mix the Chex Cereal, Cheerios, pretzels, peanuts and M&M’s.
Step 2 – Add Chocolate chips and oil to bowl. – Place the white chocolate and the vegetable oil in a microwave safe bowl.
Step 3 – Microwave chocolate – Microwave for 1 minute. Stir and then melt in 30 second intervals. Stirring between each interval, until the white chocolate is melted and smooth. Be careful not to overcook.
Step 4 – Pour chocolate over the mixture – Pour the melted chocolate over the cereal/candy mixture in the large bowl. Then stir until well coated.
- Step 5 – Pour mixture onto baking sheet – Then pour the coated mixture onto a piece of wax or parchment paper. Allow to set until hardened (at least 15 minutes).
- Step 7 – Serve and Enjoy – Then the white chocolate Chex is ready to serve and enjoy.
- Melting Chocolate – It is important not to overcook the white chocolate. We recommend heating in 30 second intervals then stirring. Feel free to use a double boiler instead of a microwave to melt the chocolate.
- Coat the Mixture – Make sure the entire cereal mixture is coated in the melted white chocolate.
- Allow to Harden – Once you pour the mixture onto the baking sheet allow the mixture to cooled to break. Allow at least 15 minutes or room temperature before serving the mixture.
- Line Baking Sheet – Make sure to line the baking sheet with wax paper. This allows for an easy clean up of the cereal mixture.
How to Store
Store in an airtight container for up to a week and enjoy. We like to keep a jar of it on our counter all Christmas season.
If you want to make the White Chocolate Chex Mix in advance, you can freeze it. Place in a freezer safe container and store in the freezer. When ready to serve, the Chex mix is good cold or at room temperature.
More Easy Desserts
- Santa Hat Cupcakes
- Crockpot Christmas Candy
- 2 Ingredient Chocolate Bark Recipe
- Red Velvet Popcorn
- The Grinch Cupcakes
If you make this Christmas Chex Mix White Chocolate, make sure to leave us a comment or a star review.
White Chocolate Chex Mix
- 2 cups mini pretzels
- 2 cups plain Cheerios
- 3 cups Chex rice or corn
- 1 cup Salted Peanuts
- 1 cup M&M’s
- 1 pkg White Baking Chips 12 oz
- 1 Tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- In a large bowl, mix the Chex, Cheerios, pretzels, peanuts and M&M’s.
- Place the white chocolate and the vegetable oil in a microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave for 1 minute. Stir and then melt in 30 second intervals, stirring between each interval, until the white chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Be careful not to overcook.
- Pour the melted chocolate over the cereal/candy mixture in the large bowl and stir until well coated.
- Then pour the coated mixture onto a piece of wax or parchment paper and allow to set until hardened (at least 15 minutes).
- Then the white chocolate Chex is ready to serve and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe