These Oreo Snowman Cookies are the perfect treat to make this holiday. Simple ingredients makes this no bake treat fun and festive.
Get my Christmas Cookbook Bundle 75%
These easy snowman Oreos are perfect to make this Christmas. We love making dessert recipes for the holidays and no bake is one of our favorites. These chocolate covered Oreo cookies are made with 4 simple ingredients.
These fun and festive cookies are delicious and easy to make. If you are needing a treat that would be perfect for the kids to help with, make these Snowman Cookies. Perfect to make for movie night or for your dessert table this Christmas.
Oreo Snowman face is made easily with chocolate chips and Tic Tacs. Make these Oreo Snowmen Cookies ahead of time in preparation of your holiday dinner.
Table of Contents
Easy Oreo Snowman Cookies:
Once the holiday season hits, we are always preparing treats to have for our family gathering or to wrap up as gifts. These no bake cookies only require a few ingredients so they are always on the list.
They are perfect to wrap up in a gift bag for neighbors or to include on dessert trays. These cookies are simple to make and are so delicious. The next time you need an easy dessert for the holiday, make these Snowman Cookies.
- Oreos 14 oz
- White Candy Melts 6 oz each
- Mini Chocolate Chips
- Orange Tic Tacs
Scroll to see the full recipe and ingredients in the recipe card.
- Melting Chocolate Coating – Instead of using candy melting wafers, you can use almond bark instead of white chocolate melts. White chocolate chips can also be melted to cover the Oreo.
- Decorating Icing – Feel free to use black icing instead of chocolate chips and Tik Tacks to decorate the Oreos. You can even use orange sprinkles for a fun twist.
- Double Stuffed Oreo – These Snowman Cookies can be made with a double stuffed Oreo.
- Mini Snowman Cookies – Make snowman cookies with mini Oreos for a fun and festive cookie. This bite size option would be perfect for dessert trays.
- Oreo Cookie Balls – You can also make Snowman Cookie as cookie balls with cream cheese. Simple crush Oreos with a food process and mix with cream cheese. Dip into melted chocolate for an easy treat.
- Candy Option – Instead of using Tik Tacks, you can use M&M’s. We have even added M&M’s on the side of the Oreos for ear muffs.
- Oreo cookies – You don’t have to use traditional Oreo cookies. You can use golden Oreos or any flavor you like.
- Milk chocolate – Instead of white, try dipping the Oreo cookies into milk chocolate. Everyone will love chocolate dipped cookies. Then decorate with white chocolate chips to decorate the snowman face.
Step by Step Instructions:
- Step 1 – Line Baking Sheet – Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or wax paper.
- Step 2 – Melt Candy Melts – Place the candy melts in a microwave safe bowl.
- Step 3 – Continue Melting – Heat in 30 second intervals, stirring after each interval until fully melted. Be careful not to over heat.
- Step 4 – Dip Oreo in melted chocolate – Then place an Oreo in the melted candy and use a fork to remove the Oreo carefully.
- Step 5 – Remove Excess Chocolate – While the Oreo is on the fork gently tap the fork against the side of the bowl to remove any excess candy from the Oreo.
- Step 6 – Place Oreo on baking sheet – Then place the Oreos on the baking sheet in a single layer.
- Step 7 – Decorate Oreo – Place an orange Tic Tac onto the center of each cookie standing up. Then use the mini chocolate chips to make the eyes and mouths of the snowman.
- Step 8 – Decorate Quickly – Make sure to work quickly to add the decorations before the white candy melts re-harden.
- Step 9 – Serve and Enjoy – Then let the Oreos sit at room temperature for approximately 1 hour to set and then they are ready to serve and enjoy.
- Baking sheet – Line the baking sheet with parchment paper for easy clean up.
- Melting Candy Melts – Slowly melting the candy melts in the microwave. Heat the candy melts in 30 seconds intervals so the chocolate doesn’t burn.
- Remove excess chocolate – While dipping the cookies, gently tap the edge of the fork against the bowl to remove excess chocolate.
- Decorating Oreos – If you wait too long to add the chocolate chips and tic tacs, they will not stick to the Oreo. Toppings should be added right away.
- Rest Chocolate Covered Oreos – Allow the chocolate covered Oreos to rest for about an hour on the baking sheet.
- Cooling Rack – Don’t use a cooling rack for the cookies. It is best to put them on a baking sheet. The cooling rack will not support the cookies as they have not set yet. The chocolate will harden around the wires and make a mess.
How to Store Snowman Cookies:
Make sure the Oreo cookies are completely dry. Then place inside an airtight container. I would separate the layers with wax paper to prevent them from sticking.
They can be stored at room temperature up to 2 weeks. The cookies do not need to be refrigerated but make sure to keep them out of direct sunlight or near the oven. You do not want to store them where it will get warm.
Can you Freeze these Cookies?
Yes, you can freeze Oreo Chocolate Covered Oreos. This would be perfect if you want to prepare these ahead of time. Place the chocolate covered Oreos in a freezer safe container or zip lock freezer bag.
These Snowman Cookies will stay fresh for about 2 months. Allow the cookies to thaw and then they are ready to serve.
How to Remove Excess Chocolate:
When you place the cookies on the baking sheet, you might notice excess chocolate around it. To prevent this from drying like this, I have a simple little trick for you.
Just take a toothpick and draw a circle around each Oreo. This will make sure that you have clean lines around each cookie when it dries.
Can I Make in Advance?
Yes, you can make these up to 2 weeks in advance. Just make sure to store them inside an airtight container.
Use parchment paper in between the layers and store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
More Festive Desserts:
- Santa Hat Brownies
- White Chocolate Covered Oreos
- Chocolate Turtles
- Grinch Rice Krispie Treats Recipe
- Cookies and Cream Cookies
- Santa Hat Cupcakes Recipe
We love hearing from you. If you make these Oreo Snowman Cookies, please leave us a comment or a star review.
Oreo Snowman Cookies
- 14 oz. Oreos
- 12 oz. White Candy Melts
- 1 cup Mini Chocolate Chips
- Orange Tic Tacs
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or wax paper.
- Place the candy melts in a microwave safe bowl.
- Heat in 30 second intervals, stirring after each interval until fully melted. Be careful not to over heat.
- Then place an Oreo in the melted candy and use a fork to remove the Oreo carefully.
- While the Oreo is on the fork gently tap the fork against the side of the bowl to remove any excess candy from the Oreo.
- Then place the Oreos on the baking sheet.
- Place an orange Tic Tac onto the center of each cookie standing up. Then use the mini chocolate chips to make the eyes and mouths of the snowman.
- Make sure to work quickly to add the decorations before the white candy melts re-harden.
- Then let the Oreos sit at room temperature for approximately 1 hour to set and then they are ready to serve and enjoy.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe