If you are looking for a holiday appetizer, make Christmas Tree Pull Apart Bread. It is cheesy, delicious and full of flavor.
Get my Christmas Cookbook Bundle 75%
Christmas Tree Pull Apart Bread Recipe:
We love having family and friends over to celebrate the holidays. This Christmas Tree Pull-Apart Bread is always a great addition and is always beautifully displayed.
Pull apart Christmas tree bread is easy to make with simple ingredients. This bread is made with biscuit dough so there is no yeast involved. Simple ingredients and a cheesy center always makes a crowd pleasing appetizer.
Christmas Tree shape bread makes this the perfect holiday appetizer. The bread with the perfect texture, soft and cheesy center and the perfect flavor. Serve with marinara or ranch dipping sauce for an easy appetizer.
Make sure to check out all our Christmas Snack Recipes.
Why We Love this Recipe:
- Simple Ingredients – You only need a few ingredients to make this pull apart bread. This is the perfect appetizer to make for a last minute gathering. But it looks like you took all day to make.
- Easy to Make – After rolling the dough into balls with the cheese center. They are formed into a Christmas tree and brushed with delicious fresh herbs and melt butter.
- Crowd Favorite – I love making this Christmas Tree Pull Apart bread as the centerpiece for family to gathering. It is always delicious and everyone always ask me for the recipe.
- Mozzarella String Cheese Sticks
- Large Biscuits (16 ounces – 8 count)
- Butter (melted)
- Garlic Powder
- Italian Seasoning
- Chopped Fresh Parsley
- Grated Parmesan
- Marinara Sauce (for serving)
How to Make Christmas Tree Pull Apart Bread:
- Step 1 – Heat Oven – Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Then line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Step 2 – Prepare Cheese Sticks – Cut the cheese sticks into 4 pieces each (32 pieces total).
- Step 3 – Cut Biscuits – Open the can of biscuits and separate. Then cut each biscuit each 4 pieces each with a pizza cutter (making 32 pieces total). Roll each piece of dough into a ball.
- Step 4 – Press Cheese – Press a piece of the cheese into the center of each ball of dough. Then make sure that the cheese is completely covered with the dough.
- Step 5 – Press Ball Seam-Side Down – Then place the dough balls on the baking sheet, seam side down. Place them next to each other in the shape of a Christmas tree.
- Step 6 – Mix Garlic Butter – In a small bowl, stir together the butter, garlic powder and Italian seasoning. Brush this mixture over the biscuits on the baking sheet.
- Step 7 – Bake Christmas Tree – Bake for 15-17 minutes until golden brown.
- Step 8 – Top with Seasoning – Top with the fresh parsley and grated butter Parmesan Cheese.
- Step 9 – Serve and Enjoy – Serve with the marinara sauce and enjoy.
How to Make Bread into a Christmas Tee:
Follow these easy steps to make the perfect pull-apart Christmas Tree.
- To make the tree shape, start with a row of 7 biscuit balls.
- Then top with a layer of 6, then 5, 4, 3, 2 and 1.
- Use the remaining 4 biscuit balls to form a Christmas tree stump at the bottom of the tree.
- Baking Sheet – Prepare the baking sheet by lining it with parchment paper. This allows for the easy serving and cleanup.
- Biscuits – When preparing this pull apart bread you will start by cutting the biscuits into 4’s. This makes the perfect size to insert the cheese cubes and squeeze the dough around it. Make sure to completely cover the cheese with the dough.
- Prepare the Christmas Tree – Begin by placing the dough balls into a shape of the tree. Place the dough balls dough so the seam side is on the baking sheet. This will help it from opening up while baking.
- Seasoning the Bread – After combining the seasoning mixture, brush it over the dough balls. Make sure they are completely covered for the best flavor.
- Serving – Serve this pull apart bread warm with your favorite dipping sauce.
- Biscuits – You can use any type of biscuits to make this recipe. We recommend using the large Pillsbury dough biscuits for best results. You can even cut up pizza dough for a delicious variation.
- Cheese – We used cut up cheese sticks to make this recipe. But you can use shredded cheese or cubed cheese. For the best flavor, use hunk cheese to add to the biscuits dough.
- Seasoning – Feel free to change the seasoning to what you prefer. You can easily whisk in fresh rosemary, red pepper flakes, or more.
- Topping – Sprinkle you favorite toppings to make this delicious bread. You can even make a egg wash out of eggs to brush the tops of the dough before baking. We used parmesan cheese but you can also use shredded mozzarella.
- Sweet Pull Apart Bread – This Christmas Tree Pull Apart bread can even be made with a hint of sweetness. Instead of placing a cheese stick in the middle, make a cream cheese mixture. Mix together cream cheese, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Then brush the top with melted butter and cinnamon. Finish off with a drizzle of chocolate syrup.
How to Serve Pull Apart Bread:
Pull apart bread is a great appetizer but it can also be served as a side dish. This would be a great addition to your spaghetti dinner or a lasagna dinner.
Make sure to serve with marinara sauce for dipping or pizza sauce. I have even had a bowl of ranch dressing which my kids loved.
Whether you serve it as a appetizer for your holiday dinner. Or make it as the side dish for you Italian dinner. It is always a family favorite.
How To Store Leftovers:
Refrigerate the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days. This pull apart bread is best served warm. If you have leftovers, feel free to reheat in the air fryer or the oven.
This will give it the crispy texture as if you just baked it. It makes the perfect snack to share with friends and family.
More Christmas Tree Shaped Desserts
More Easy Christmas Appetizer Recipes:
- 45 Easy Christmas Dips Recipes
- Bacon Wrapped Shrimp Recipe
- Olive Garden Stuffed Mushrooms Recipe
- Pinwheel Recipes
Print Recipe for Christmas Tree Pull Apart Bread:
Christmas Tree Pull Apart Bread
- 8 Mozzarella String Cheese Sticks
- 1 can Large Biscuits 16 ounces – 8 count
- 2 Tablespoons Butter melted
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 2 Tablespoons Chopped Fresh Parsley
- 2 Tablespoons Grated Parmesan
- 1 cup Marinara Sauce for serving
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut the cheese sticks into 4 pieces each (32 pieces total).
- Open the can of biscuits and cut each biscuit each 4 pieces each with a pizza cutter (making 32 pieces total). Roll each piece of dough into a ball.
- Press a piece of the cheese into the center of each ball of dough and make sure that the cheese is completely covered with the dough.
- Then place the dough balls on the baking sheet, seam side down, next to each other in the shape of a Christmas tree.
- In a small bowl, stir together the butter, garlic powder and Italian seasoning. Brush this mixture over the biscuits on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes until golden brown.
- Top with the fresh parsley and grated Parmesan Cheese.
- Serve with the marinara sauce and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe