Bacon Wrapped Shrimp is and easy appetizer to serve this Christmas. Seasoned shrimp is wrapped in bacon and baked to perfection.
Get my Christmas Cookbook Bundle 75%
Best Bacon Wrapped Shrimp Recipe:
These bacon wrapped shrimp recipe is the ultimate appetizer. It is made with simple ingredients and the results are a crispy bacon wrapped around juicy shrimp. This appetizer is flavorful and easy to make.
Adding bacon takes the shrimp to the next level. Bacon wrapped shrimp is easy to prepare and in less than 30 minutes this delicious appetizer can be served. Tossing the shrimp in the easy seasoning gives the shrimp so much flavor.
If you need a great appetizer to serve this holiday, make this simple bacon wrapped shrimp recipe. We think everything taste better wrapped in bacon and this recipe is always a crowd favorite.
- Large Shrimp peeled and deveined, tail-on
- Olive Oil
- Dried Oregano
- Garlic Powder
- Bacon cut in half
- Lemon Wedges for Serving optional
How to Make Bacon Wrapped Shrimp:
- Step 1 – Heat Oven – Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Step 2 – Place on baking sheet – Place the cut bacon slices on a wire rack on top of a aluminum foil lined baking sheet.
- Step 3 – Bake Bacon – Bake for 10 minutes. Transfer them to a plate lined with a paper towel to cool. Keep the oven on.
- Step 4 – Mix shrimp with seasoning – In a mixing bowl, Add the shrimp, olive oil and seasonings. Toss to coat the shrimp.
- Step 5 – Securing with a toothpick – Wrap each piece of the shrimp with a piece of the partially cooked bacon securing the pieces of bacon to the shrimp with a toothpick.
- Step 6 – Continue wrapping shrimp – Continue until all the shrimp is wrapped with bacon.
- Step 7 – Place on baking sheet – Place the bacon wrapped shrimp on a baking sheet lined with foil and bake for 10-12 minutes, flipping them halfway through the cook time.
- Step 8 – Bake Shrimp in the oven- Bake until the shrimp is pink and bacon is crispy.
- Step 9 – Serve – Remove from the oven. Let sit for 5 minutes. Then they are ready to serve with the lemon wedges and enjoy!
Tips for Making Shrimp Wrapped in Bacon:
- Bacon – The key to creating the best appetizer is pre-cooking bacon. This helps for the bacon to get crispy and when baking the shrimp, it doesn’t take as long. This helps keep the shrimp plump and juicy.
- Cut Bacon – Before baking bacon, we recommend cutting the bacon in half. Because of the size of the shrimp, you want to only wrap the bacon around the shrimp once. This allows for the bacon to get fully crispy.
- Mixing Shrimp – After mixing the oil and seasoning together, add in the shrimp. Completely cover the shrimp in the simple seasoning to give the shrimp so much flavor.
- Secure the Bacon – We recommend securing the bacon around the shrimp with a toothpick. This allows the bacon to stay wrapped around the shrimp which creates a eye pleasing appetizer.
- Baking Shrimp – When baking the bacon wrapped shrimp, we recommend flipping the shrimp half way through the baking time. This allows both side of the bacon to cook with a crispy texture.
What is the Best Shrimp to Use?
This recipe is made with uncooked shrimp that has been peeled and deveined with tail-on. We like to keep things easy and buy this type of shrimp, but you can prepare this appetizer with the peel on.
This best shrimp to make in this recipe is the jumbo shrimp. The bacon wraps easily around the shrimp and it cooks best in the oven.
- Seasoning – Feel free to change the seasoning in this recipe. We have added soy sauce and maple syrup for a sweet and salty flavor.
- Slice of Bacon – We used thin slices of bacon to wrap around the shrimp. Feel free to use different flavors of bacon. You can even use turkey bacon if you prefer.
- BBQ Sauce – Once the bacon wrapped shrimp is finished cooking, brush with BBQ Sauce. You can even add a bowl of BBQ Sauce for dipping.
- Shrimp – We used uncooked shrimp in this recipe but you can use precooked shrimp if you prefer. Just note that the shrimp will shrink up in size after baking.
Can you Make these ahead of time?
Yes, you prepare bacon wrapped shrimp ahead of time. We recommend preparing up until the baking part. Just season and wrap the bacon around the shrimp and place in the refrigerator.
You can prepare the night before and then bake the next day.
How to Serve:
Bacon wrapped shrimp can be served as an appetizer or as part of your main meal. They are easy to eat and always a crowd favorite. Once you have removed the toothpicks, try these other serving options.
- Shrimp Tacos – Serve in a flour tortilla and top with coleslaw and your favorite toppings.
- Shrimp Salad – Top your favorite salad with these bacon wrapped shrimp.
- Over Fried Rice – We love making fried rice and this would be perfect way to serve them if you have leftovers.
How to Store:
Place your leftovers in an air tight container and place in the fridge. They will last about 3 days. They are best served immediately after baking.
Print Recipe here for Bacon Wrapped Shrimp:
Bacon Wrapped Shrimp
- 24 Large Shrimp peeled and deveined tail-on
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Pepper
- 12 slices Bacon cut in half
- Lemon Wedges for Serving optional
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place the cut bacon slices on a wire rack on top of a foil lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Transfer them to a plate lined with a paper towel to cool. Keep the oven on.
- In a mixing bowl, Add the shrimp, olive oil and seasonings. Toss to coat the shrimp.
- Wrap each piece of the shrimp with a piece of the bacon securing the bacon to the shrimp with a toothpick.
- Continue until all the shrimp is wrapped with bacon.
- Place the bacon wrapped shrimp on a baking sheet lined with foil and bake for 10-12 minutes, flipping them halfway through the cook time.
- Bake until the shrimp is pink and bacon is crispy.
- Remove from the oven. Let sit for 5 minutes. Then they are ready to serve with the lemon wedges and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe