Make these Olive Garden Stuffed Mushrooms as an appetizer for your holiday dinner. They are loaded with flavor and easy to make.
Copycat Olive Garden Stuffed Mushrooms Recipe:
Copycat Olive Garden Stuffed Mushrooms is an easy appetizer and a popular menu item at Olive Garden. With this easy recipe you can make these at home with simple ingredients. You might also like Olive Garden Baked Ziti or Olive Garden Toasted Ravioli
We love making copycat recipes for our favorite restaurant menu items. With my large family, this saves me time and money. You will love being able to make this popular menu item at home. You can stuff them full of delicious ingredients.
Make these Stuffed Mushrooms for an easy appetizer to serve for many occasions. We love making them to serve before our Christmas dinner and they are always a family favorite.
What are Stuffed Mushrooms made of?
Stuffed mushrooms are simple to make with easy ingredients. You can easily get these ingredients from the grocery store and load your mushrooms full.
The ingredients include, minced claims, cheese, bread crumbs and simple seasoning. All these ingredients are stuffed in large fresh mushrooms and topped with more cheese for delicious flavor.
What kind of Mushrooms are best for Stuffing?
Stuffed mushrooms are a great appetizer but you want to make sure to choose the best mushrooms. These are some of our favorite options and have worked well with this recipe.
- Large Fresh White Button Mushrooms
- Cremini Mushrooms
- Portobello Mushrooms
- Baby Bella Mushrooms
Make sure when buying mushrooms that they are firm and plump as they are usually the freshest. Take the time and thoroughly clean your mushrooms before stuffing.
Use a soft brush or dish cloth to remove and dirt that may be on the mushrooms. Rinse the mushrooms with cold water and allow the mushrooms to dry before stuffing.
We recommend using the mushrooms within 3 days of purchasing. This will result in better tasting mushrooms and the mushrooms will be firm.
- Large Fresh Mushrooms
- Butter melted
- Mozzarella Cheese finely grated
Ingredients for fillings:
- Minced Clams 6 oz drained
- Green Onion finely chopped
- Large Egg beaten
- Minced Garlic
- Italian Bread Crumbs
- Dried Oregano
- Butter melted
- Grated Parmesan Cheese
How to Make Olive Garden Stuffed Mushrooms:
- Step 1 – Heat Oven and prepare baking dish – Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a baking dish large enough to hold the mushrooms with a non-stick cooking spray or olive oil.
- Step 2 – Clean and prepare mushrooms – Remove the stems off the mushrooms. Then clean the mushrooms with a dry paper towel (do not use water or it will make the mushrooms soggy).
- Step 3 – Combine stuffing ingredients – Stir together all the filling ingredients in a mixing bowl. Including the ¼ cup to ½ cup of the bread crumbs.
- Step 4 – Fill the mushrooms – Add 1-2 spoons of the filling into each mushroom cap. Then place it filling side up on the baking dish.
- Step 5 – Continue stuffing – You should be able to stuff 8-12 mushrooms based on the size of your mushrooms.
- Step 6 – Drizzle Butter – Drizzle 3 tablespoons of melted butter over the prepared mushrooms.
- Step 7 – Bake Mushrooms – Cover the baking dish with foil. Bake for 20 minutes to 30 minutes until the mushrooms are tender.
- Step 8 – Top with Cheese – Remove the foil and sprinkle the top of each mushroom with the grated mozzarella cheese.
- Step 9 – Continue Baking – Bake (uncovered) for 2-3 minutes until the cheese is melted.
- Step 10 – Serve – Serve warm and enjoy.
Substitutions and Additions:
- Mushrooms – Feel free to use different types of mushrooms.
- Change the Cheese – You can use different types of cheese. Parmesan, Romano and Mozzarella cheeses are good suggestions.
- Minced Garlic – We used fresh minced garlic, but if you do not have that you can use garlic salt.
- Seasoning – Feel free to add in some salt and pepper to the stuffing ingredients for more flavor.
- Prepare Baking Dish – Make sure to spray the baking dish with cooking spray prior to placing them mushroom in the dish. This makes sure that the mushrooms do not stick and it makes for easy cleanup.
- Clean Mushrooms – Before stuffing mushrooms make sure to prepare and clean mushrooms cavities thoroughly. We recommend allowing the mushrooms to dry on a damp paper towel.
- Combine Ingredients – Combine ingredients in a large bowl and mix until everything is mixed together thoroughly. You can even mix in the clam juice.
- Stuff the Mushrooms – Do not over stuff the mushrooms. We like to measure out about 2 spoonful’s of stuffing for each mushroom.
How to Store Leftover Stuffed Mushrooms:
These are best served fresh but you can refrigerate the leftovers for up to 3 days. Reheat in the oven or air fryer to make them heated through and slightly crispy again.
How to Freeze:
Freezing Stuffed Mushrooms is a great to prepare this appetizer ahead of time. We recommend freezing the stuffed mushrooms prior to baking them. You can prepare the stuffed mushrooms and place them on a baking sheet to flash freeze them.
Once they have been in the freezer for about an hour, remove them and place in a freezer safe container. Once you are ready to serve, remove from the freezer and allow them to thaw.
Bake stuffed mushrooms and enjoy.
Print Recipe here for Olive Garden Stuffed Mushrooms:
Olive Garden Stuffed Mushrooms
- 12 Large Fresh Mushrooms
- 3 Tbsp Butter melted
- 1/4 cup Mozzarella Cheese finely grated
Ingredients for fillings
- 6 oz. Minced Claims drained
- 1 Green Onion finely chopped
- 1 Large Egg beaten
- 2 tsp Minced Garlic
- 1/2 cup Italian Bread Crumbs
- 1 tsp Dried Oregano
- 1 Tbsp Butter melted
- 3 Tbsp Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and spray a baking dish large enough to hold the mushrooms with a non-stick cooking spray.
- Remove the stems off the mushrooms and clean the mushrooms with a dry paper towel (do not use water or it will make the mushrooms soggy).
- Stir together all the filling ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Add 1-2 spoons of the filling into each mushroom cap and place it filling side up on the baking dish.you should be able to stuff 8-12 mushrooms based on the size of your mushrooms.
- Drizzle 3 tablespoons of melted butter over the prepared mushrooms.Cover the baking dish with foil and bake for 20-30 minutes until the mushrooms are tender.
- Remove the foil and sprinkle the top of each mushroom with the grated mozzarella cheese.
- Bake (uncovered) for 2-3 minutes until the cheese is melted.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More Easy Appetizers:
- Baked Brie Recipe
- Hanky Panky Recipe
- Garlic and Onion Cheddar Cheese Ball Recipe
- Bacon Wrapped Shrimp
- Pinwheel Sandwiches Recipe