During the holiday season, we love to make homemade desserts. This White Chocolate Covered Oreos is one of our favorites.
Get my Christmas Cookbook Bundle 75%
White Chocolate Covered Oreos Recipe:
This no bake holiday treats is perfect to make in a variety of ways. These chocolate covered Oreos are quick and easy to make which makes it perfect for the holidays.
We love to decorate the Oreos with a variety of sprinkles to what I have. You can make these White Chocolate Oreos for Valentine’s Day, Christmas and more.
This dessert recipes are always a crowd favorite and can be made with only a few ingredients. This is a great sweet treat recipe to make with the kids and then enjoy during family movie night. It’s a fun family tradition that you can do year after year.
Ingredients for Oreos with White Chocolate Covering:
- Oreo Cookies
- White Candy Melts
- Vegetable Oil
- Christmas Sprinkles
How to Make White Chocolate Covered Oreos:
- Step 1 – Microwave-safe bowl – Place the white candy melts and vegetable oil in a microwave safe bowl.
- Step 2 – Melted Chocolate – Microwave the mixture in 30 second intervals. Stirring after each interval, until the candy melts are fully melted.
- Step 3 – Dip Cookies – Dip the Oreo Cookies in the melted candy melts with a fork. Tap the fork on the side of the bowl to remove any excess chocolate from the cookie.
- Step 4 – Place on Baking Sheet – Then place the cookies on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or wax paper. Top immediately with the Christmas sprinkles.
- Step 5 – Continue – Continue this process until all the cookies are coated.
- Step 6 – Chill Oreos – Place the baking sheet in the refrigerator for at least an hour. This allows for the chocolate to fully set.
- Step 7 – Serve and enjoy – Then the cookies are ready to serve and enjoy.
White Chocolate Covered Oreos Variations Ideas:
- Melted Chocolate – You can use almond bark instead of the candy melts if you prefer in this recipe. Feel free to also use white chocolate chips or melting wafers.
- Sprinkles – We love decorating the Oreos with fun sprinkles. But you can also crush candy canes or peppermints to top the Oreos.
- Oreos – Feel free to use different flavors of Oreos. During the holiday they come out with fun and festive flavors that can easily be used in this recipe.
- Snowman Cookies – Another fun holiday treat, is to turn these chocolate covered Oreos into a Snowman face. Use black icing and orange to create a fun holiday treat.
- Piping Bag – You can also decorate the chocolate covered Oreos with a piping bag. You can drizzle melted chocolate over the top.
- Dark Chocolate – Feel free to use dark chocolate to covered the Oreos instead of white chocolate.
White Chocolate Dipped Oreos Recipe Tips:
- Melting Chocolate – Melt chocolate in the microwave in 30 seconds intervals. We like to add in coconut oil to keep the chocolate creamy. To prevent the chocolate hardening, continue to stir.
- Double Boiler – If you prefer, you can also melt the chocolate in double boiler.
- Line Baking Sheet – We recommend lining the baking sheet with parchment paper or wax paper. This helps for an easy cleanup when placing the Oreos after dipping into the chocolate.
- Dipping Oreos – Insert a fork into the Oreos to easily dip the Oreo in the melted chocolate. This helps to easily remove excess chocolate and to easily place on the baking sheet.
- Chill Oreos – After dipping the Oreos in the melted chocolate, place in the refrigerator. You can also place in the freezer if you are short on time.
- Silicone Mold – There is no need to make this recipe with a silicone mold, but you can if you prefer. We find it just as easy to dip the Oreos in the melted chocolate.
- Decorating Oreos – Immediately after dipping the Oreos in the melted chocolate, add the sprinkles. This allows for the sprinkles to stick before the chocolate hardens.
Can you Freeze Chocolate Covered Oreos?
These cookies can be frozen up to 3 months. Allow them to completely dry prior to freezing.
We recommend flash freezing the Oreos by placing on a baking sheet and freezing for an hour. Then store in a freezer safe container.
Separate the layers of cookies using parchment paper. Place inside an airtight freezer container.
This allows you to only take out what you need. Perfect for your holiday gathering.
How to Store Leftovers:
Refrigerate any leftover Oreos in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks. If you prefer these chocolate covered Oreos can also be stored at room temperature.
Can these be made in advance?
Yes, these White Chocolate Covered Oreos can be made in advance. In fact, they are the best dessert to make up to 2 weeks ahead of your holiday party.
You can also freeze so they will last even longer.
Easy Christmas White Chocolate Oreos:
We love making no bake treats for the holidays. We love that this recipe only requires a few ingredients and is budget friendly. You can decorate the Oreos in a variety of ways.
The next time you are needing a quick and easy holiday treat, these are the ones to make.
Print Recipe for White Chocolate Covered Oreos:
White Chocolate Covered Oreos
- 16 Oreo Cookies
- 12 ounces White Candy Melts
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Vegetable Oil
- Christmas Sprinkles
- Place the white candy melts and vegetable oil in a microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave the mixture in 30 second intervals, stirring after each interval, until the candy melts are fully melted.
- Dip the Oreo Cookies in the melted candy melts with a fork. Tap the fork on the side of the bowl to remove any excess chocolate from the cookie.
- Then place the cookies on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Top immediately with the Christmas sprinkles.
- Continue this process until all the cookies are coated.
- Place the baking sheet in the refrigerator for at least an hour for the chocolate to fully set.
- Then the cookies are ready to serve and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe