If you are looking for a delicious pie to serve this holiday, make Cinnamon Pie. It is loaded with warm flavors, creamy texture and rich taste.
Get my Christmas Cookbook Bundle 75%
Easy Cinnamon Pie Recipe:
There are many pies that we make for Christmas and Thanksgiving but this Cinnamon Pie is one of my family’s favorite. Cinnamon pie is made with amazing texture and full of cinnamon flavor.
Homemade pies are a must for the holidays. My family still loves the traditional pumpkin pie, pecan pie and apple pie. But this cinnamon pie has become a fast favorite.
The warm bold flavors from the cinnamon and the creamy texture makes this pie so delicious. If you are wanting to change up your classic pie recipe, make this cinnamon pie recipe or our Butterscotch Pie.
What is Cinnamon Pie?
-We start with a premade pie dough for the crust and lay it in a 9-inch pie plate. The cinnamon pie filling is a mixture of cream cheese, cinnamon, brown sugar and more. It is then poured into the unbaked pie crust and then baked to perfection.
It is the perfect spiced pie and served with a dollop of whipped cream after being dusted with powdered sugar. The next time you need an easy, crowd pleasing pie – this Cinnamon pie is the one to make.
- Premade 9” Pie Crust unbaked
- Cream Cheese softened at room temperature
- Brown Sugar packed
- Large Eggs
- Half and Half
- All Purpose Flour
- Ground Cinnamon
- Vanilla Extract
- Powdered Sugar for serving
How to Make Cinnamon Pie:
- Step 1 – Heat oven – Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Place the pre-made pie crust in a 9 inch pie pan.
- Step 2 – Prepare Crust – Crimp the edges of the pie crust. Then place it in the refrigerator while you prepare the filling.
- Step 3 – Beat Cream Cheese and Brown Sugar. – Beat together the brown sugar and cream cheese in a large bowl with a hand mixer. Mix until the mixture is light and fluffy (3-4 minutes).
- Step 4 – Stir in Eggs – Add in the eggs, one at a time until all are combined.
- Step 5 – Mix in remaining Ingredients – On low speed, mix in the heavy cream, flour, and cinnamon. Add in vanilla extract and salt until the mixture is combined and smooth.
- Step 6 – Pour Filling – Pour the cinnamon filling into the pie crust.
- Step 7 – Bake Pie Bake for 35-40 minutes until the edges are set. The center will still be jiggly but it will continue to set as the pie cools.
- Step 8 – Cool Pie – Let the pie cool completely at room temperature.
- Step 9 – Cover Pie – Once cooled, cover the pie and chill for at least 2-4 hours.
- Step 10 – Room Temperature – When you are ready to serve, let the pie sit at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Step 11 – Dust Pie – Dust the top of the pie with the powdered sugar, slice and serve!
Can you Freeze Cinnamon Pie?
If you like to plan ahead with making your holiday pies, this is the perfect pie to make ahead of time. Make sure the pie has cooled completely and wrap in plastic wrap and foil and place in the freezer.
If the pie is stored properly the pie will last up to 2 months.
Cinnamon Pie Toppings:
Make sure to have a variety of pie toppings when serving this pie. Make a pie bar with toppings when serving all your pies. These are some of our favorite toppings.
- Whipped Cream
- Powdered Sugar
- Sprinkle of Cinnamon
- Vanilla Ice Cream
- Chocolate Sauce
This pie is great to serve after your holiday dinner or for breakfast with a cup of coffee.
Can you Make Cinnamon Pie in advance?
Yes, this pie is perfect to make in advance. You can prepare the pie up to 2 days in advance which allows the pie time to set.
Prepare pie and place on a baking sheet to allow the pie to rest.
Tips and Tricks:
- Pie Crust – Feel free to prepare a pie crust from scratch if you prefer. We used a premade crust but a made from scratch pie crust is always a great option.
- Graham Cracker Pie Crust – Feel free to change the pie crust to graham cracker if you prefer.
- Cream Cheese – Before combining the ingredients, we recommend that the cream cheese be at room temperature. This helps to have a smooth and creamy texture.
- Combining Ingredients – Combine the ingredients with a stand mixer or with a hand mixer.
- Don’t overbake the pie – The pie will be jiggly but resist the urge to continue baking it. The pie will continue to set as it chills. Overbaking the pie will make it rubbery.
- Cool Pie – Make sure to allow pie to cool at room temperature at least for 2 hours. This gives the pie time to set properly.
How to Store Leftovers:
Place your leftover pie in the fridge for up to 5 days.
The Best Holiday Pie:
This Cinnamon Pie has become my most requested pie from my family. I think it is because of the light and creamy texture and how delicious it is. We have even made it during other times of the year because we love it so much.
The ingredients are simple and everything gets mixed together in one bowl.
Print Recipe for Cinnamon Pie:
- 1 Premade 9” Pie Crust unbaked
- 8 oz Cream Cheese softened at room temperature
- 1 cup Brown Sugar packed
- 3 Large Eggs
- 1 1/4 cup Half and Half
- 1/4 cup All Purpose Flour
- 3 Tablespoons Ground Cinnamon
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- Powdered Sugar for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and place the pre-made pie crust in a 9 inch pie pan.
- Crimp the edges of the pie crust and place it in the refrigerator while you prepare the filling.
- Beat together the brown sugar and cream cheese in a large mixing bowl with a hand mixer, until the mixture is light and fluffy (3-4 minutes).
- Add in the eggs, one at a time until all are combined.
- On low speed, mix in the half and half, flour, cinnamon, vanilla extract and salt until the mixture is combined and smooth.
- Pour the cinnamon filling into the pie crust.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until the edges are set. The center will still be jiggly but it will continue to set as the pie cools.
- Let the pie cool completely at room temperature.
- Once cooled, cover the pie and chill for at least 2-4 hours.
- When you are ready to serve, let the pie sit at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Dust the top of the pie with the powdered sugar, slice and serve!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe