Christmas Chocolate Covered Pretzel Rods make the perfect homemade Christmas gifts. This sweet and salty treat are delicious and easy to make.
Get my Christmas Cookbook Bundle 75%
These chocolate covered pretzels rods are perfect for holiday gifts for teachers, neighbors and friends. Wrap them up in clear bags and tie with a ribbon for an easy homemade gift. This will family favorite Christmas Treats.
If you love this Christmas Pretzel Rods Recipe, check out these Reindeer Pretzel Rods for a festive treat.
Table of Contents
Why We Love This Recipe:
This Christmas treat is perfect for the kids to help decorate. These chocolate covered pretzel rods are perfect for any holiday. Including Valentine’s Day, Halloween, and even Easter.
There are many colorful candy melts to choose from and they can be decorated with many fun sprinkles.
- Pretzel Rods
- Red Candy Melts
- Green Candy Melts
- White Candy Melts
- Semi-sweet Chocolate Chips
- Toppings: Christmas Sprinkles Christmas M&Ms, chopped nuts, etc.
Scroll to the bottom of the post to see the full recipe and ingredients.
Have fun making this No Bake treat with these topping options. These are some of our favorites.
- Chopped Nuts – Feel free to chop some peanuts, walnuts or pecans for added flavor and texture.
- Sprinkles – Add some holiday-themed sprinkles for a fun and festive treat. You can even change the colors based on the holiday that you are celebrating.
- Crushed Candy Canes – Top the chocolate covered pretzel rods with crushed candy candy or peppermint candy. It adds the perfect mint taste to the sweet and salty treat.
- Chopped Candy – If you have leftover candy bars, chop them up and add them to the pretzel rods. Red and Green M&M’s will work great and any chopped chocolate. We have even added chopped cookies for delicious Christmas Pretzel sticks.
- Coconut – If you love shredded coconut then add to the melted chocolate. It would look great for those pretzel rods dipped in milk chocolate.
Step by Step Instructions:
- Step 1 – Melt Chocolate – Melt the white candy melts and the semi-sweet chocolate chips in 2 separate tall glasses.
- Step 2 – Continue Melting – Melt them in the microwave in 30 second increments, stirring in between, until they are completely melted. Make sure to melt in a microwave-safe bowl or saucepan.
- Step 3 – Melt Candy Melts – Melt the green and red candy melts in separate bowls in 30 second increments as well.
- Step 4 – Dip Rods in Chocolate – Dip pretzel rods into the white candy melt and the semi-sweet chocolate chips. Remove excess chocolate after dipping into melted candy coating.
- Step 5 – Place on Baking Sheet – Place them on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper, wax paper, foil or wire rack.
- Step 6 – Decorate – With a fork drizzle the opposite color candy melts onto the pretzel rods for decoration and top with the sprinkles, m&ms, nuts, etc.
- Step 7 – Cool and Store – Allow them to cool completely (1 hour at room temperature or 30 minutes in the refrigerator).
- Melting Chocolate – Make sure to not over cook the chocolate. You can melt the chocolate double boiler or the microwave. Just make sure to continue to stir while melting.
- Pretzel Twists – If you can’t find the pretzel rods at the store, you can use any type of pretzels.
- Dipping Pretzel Rods – After dipping the pretzel rods in the melted chocolate, we recommend removing any excessive chocolate. Then place on the baking sheet to get decorated.
- Prepare Ahead – Since these pretzel rods are so easy to make, we recommend doubling the batch. They are great to make ahead of time in preparation of your holiday parties.
- Change the Chocolate – These pretzel rods work great for any holiday. Change the sprinkles and chocolate for a treat throughout the year.
What type of Chocolate to use for Chocolate Covered Pretzel Rods:
Candy Melts are always a great option because they come in so many fun colors. They are easy to melt and are delicious too. You can also melt chocolate chips to dip your pretzel rods in. Almond bark work great in this recipe as well.
Choose from white chocolate chips, dark chocolate chips and milk chocolate chips.
How to Serve:
Chocolate Covered Pretzels are great to serve for many occasions. We even like to host a gathering with friends to make holiday treats. These are perfect to prepare as everyone can choose their favorite toppings.
- Holiday Jar – These pretzel rods are perfect for a centerpiece for you holiday table. Get some festive jars and add these rods to them.
- Platter – If you are making a dessert charcuterie board for Christmas, add these pretzel rods to them. They make a fun and festive treat and easy to make.
- Holiday Gifts – Place the rods in a clear cellophane gift bag and tie a ribbon around it for a delicious treat.
Frequently Asked Questions:
This super easy holiday treat is easy to stored in an airtight container at room temperature. If stored properly they will last about 2 weeks. If you are keeping them on a cookie tray, make sure to cover with a plastic wrap. This will keep their freshness longer.
There is no need to refrigerate the chocolate covered pretzel rods. You can leave them at room temperature in an air tight container.
If these Christmas Pretzel Rods are stored properly, they will last about 2 weeks. These treats allow for you to prepare ahead of time to save time and money.
More Christmas Dessert Recipes:
We love hearing from you. If you make these Chocolate Dipped Pretzel Rods Recipe Christmas, please leave us a comment or star review.
Christmas Chocolate Covered Pretzel Rods
- 24 Pretzel Rods
- 4 ounces red candy melts
- 4 ounces green candy melts
- 4 ounces white candy melts
- 4 ounces Semi-sweet Chocolate Chips
- Toppings: Christmas Sprinkles Christmas M&Ms chopped nuts, etc.
- Melt the white candy melts and the semi-sweet chocolate chips in 2 separate tall glasses.
- Melt them in the microwave in 30 second increments, stirring in between, until they are completely melted.
- Melt the green and red candy melts in separate bowls in 30 second increments as well.
- Dip pretzel rods into the white candy melt and the semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- Place them on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper, wax paper, foil or wire rack.
- With a fork drizzle the opposite color candy melts onto the pretzel rods for decoration and top with the sprinkles, m&ms, nuts, etc.
- Allow them to cool completely (1 hour at room temperature or 30 minutes in the refrigerator).
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe