Crockpot Christmas Candy is a delicious combination of chocolate and peanuts all melted in the slow cooker. Top with Christmas Sprinkles for a delicious holiday candy.
Get my Christmas Cookbook Bundle 75%
We love making holiday treats for the holiday season and this is one of our favorite dessert recipes. The ingredients are simple and topping with red and green sprinkles makes for a fun and festive candy.
This sweet and salty combination makes for a fabulous candy. This Christmas candy is perfect for cookie trays or to wrap up in gift bags for friends and family. Make this delicious treat for a crowd pleasing dessert.
Table of Contents
What is Crockpot Candy?
Crockpot candy is a great way to make holiday treats. Save oven space and let the crock pot do all the work. Three types of chocolate are melted with salted peanuts to make a delicious crock pot candy.
Perfect addition to your holiday cookie trays.
- Lightly Salted Peanuts
- Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Milk Chocolate Chips
- Peanut Butter Chips
- White Almond Bark – broke into squares
- Christmas Sprinkles
For the full list of ingredients and recipe, scroll to the bottom to see the recipe card.
Substitutions and Additions:
- Holiday Sprinkles – Feel free to use what sprinkles you prefer. We love the red, green and white but you can also use bright colors.
- White Chocolate – You can use white chocolate instead of milk chocolate if you prefer.
- Rice Krispies – Stir in Rice Krispie Cereal for a delicious holiday treat.
- Chopped Nuts – Add in other nuts such as slice almonds, chopped cashews or chopped pecans.
How to Make Christmas Candy in the Crockpot:
Step 1 – In a 5-6 quart crock pot, Layer all the ingredients (except sprinkles) in a crock pot with the almond bark on top.
Step 2 – Place lid on top and cook on low for 1 hour. Stir the mixture every 15-20 minutes to ensure that the chocolate does not burn on the bottom of the crock pot.
Step 3 – Use a spoon or a cookie scoop to scoop clusters onto a cookie sheet lined with wax paper or parchment paper.
Step 4 – Immediately decorate each cluster with the Christmas Sprinkles before the clusters are set.
- Step 5 – Rest Candy – Allow the cluster to set at room temperature or put them in the refrigerator to let the almond bark set (approximately 1-2 hours).
- Step 6 – Serve and Enjoy – Then the clusters are ready to serve and enjoy!
- Cooling The Candy – If you are in a rush to cool the homemade candy, you can place in the fridge.
- Cookie Scoop – For the best results, use a cookie scoop to scoop out the chocolate peanut clusters from the slow cooker.
- Quality Chocolate – We recommend using quality chocolate when making this Christmas Candy.
- Almond Bark – We like the addition of adding in the almond bark. It gives the candy so much flavor and helps with the way the candy sets.
- Baking Sheet – When preparing this candy, make sure you have lined the baking sheets with wax paper or parchment paper. This helps for easy cleanup.
How to Make Christmas Candy on the Stovetop:
This Christmas Candy can be made on the stove top just as easy. Place a large pot on the stove and add in the chocolates. Allow the chocolate to melt while stirring to make sure all the ingredients are combined.
This mixture will melt in about 15 minutes, so make sure to continue to stir so it doesn’t burn.
Once chocolate is melted, stir in the peanuts until well coated. Scoop the clusters onto baking sheet lined with parchment paper or wax paper. Allow the mixture to sit to cool.
We often will cover with a kitchen towel over the top of the baking sheet.
Christmas Candy Toppings:
This crockpot candy recipe is great with added toppings. These are some of our favorites.
- Sea Salt
- Chopped Nuts
- Crushed Peppermints
- Mini Marshmallows
- Toffee Bits
Frequently Asked Questions:
This Crock Pot Candy is perfect to hand out as gifts for a holiday party. We like to get the clear cellophane bags and add in a couple of the candies. Then tie a holiday ribbon around the bag for the perfect holiday gift.
Store the Christmas Candy in an airtight container. We place in a specific jar for the holidays so everyone can enjoy all season long.
If stored properly the candy will last about 2 weeks.
Once the Christmas Candy has cooled, place in a freezer safe container or freezer bag. If stored properly the Christmas Crockpot Candy will last about 6 months. We have place the Christmas candy on a baking sheet and allow it to freeze for about an hour. This way it is frozen individually to allow you to take out small amounts at a time.
More Easy Christmas Desserts:
We love hearing from you. If you make this Crock Pot Christmas Candy, please make sure to leave us a star review.
Crock Pot Christmas Candy
- 2 containers Lightly Salted Peanuts
- 12 oz semisweet chocolate chips
- 12 oz milk chocolate chips
- 12 oz peanut butter chips
- 24 oz white almond bark – broke into squares
- Christmas Sprinkles
- In a 5-6 quart crock pot, Layer all the ingredients (except sprinkles) in a crock pot with the almond bark on top.
- Cover and cook on low for 1 hour.
- Stir the mixture every 15-20 minutes to ensure that the chocolate does not burn on the bottom of the crock pot.
- Use a spoon or a cookie scoop to scoop clusters onto a cookie sheet lined with wax paper or parchment paper.
- Immediately decorate each cluster with the Christmas Sprinkles before the clusters are set.
- Allow the cluster to set at room temperature or put them in the refrigerator to let the almond bark set (approximately 1-2 hours).
- Then the clusters are ready to serve and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe