Grinch Oreo Pops is the perfect holiday dessert. Classic Oreos are dipped in melted candy and topped with a red heart candy for a festive treat.
Get my Christmas Cookbook Bundle 75%
Grinch Christmas Oreo Pops Recipe:
Grinch themed desserts are always a hit at our holiday gatherings. These Grinch Oreo Pops are one of our favorites to make. You only need a few ingredients and these fun and festive treats are loved by all ages.
Take your favorite Oreos and dip them in melted green candy melts. Top them with a red heart candy or sprinkles for a delicious treat. We used the classic Oreos but they also have others flavors of Oreos that will work with this recipe.
These Christmas Desserts Oreo Pops are easy to make and perfect for a delicious treat at home or wrap up as a gift. They would be perfect to hand out to neighbors or place on a dessert charcuterie board for your holiday dinner.
- Double Stuffed Oreo Cookies
- Green Candy Melts (12 ounces)
- Coconut Oil
- Red Heart Sprinkles
- Lollipop Sticks
How to Make Grinch Oreo Pops:
- Step 1 – Line a Baking Sheet – Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or wax paper.
- Step 2 – Press stick into Oreo – Gently press the lollipop sticks into the cream filling of the double stuffed Oreo cookies.
- Step 3 – Melt Candy Melts – Place the candy melts in coconut oil in a microwave safe bowl. Heat the candy in 30 second intervals. Make sure to stir after each interval until fully melted. Be careful not to over heat.
- Step 4 – Place Oreo in Melted Candy – Then place an Oreo in the melted candy. Use a fork to remove the Oreo carefully so that the stick does not fall out of the Oreo.
- Step 5 – Remove Excess Candy – While the Oreo is on the fork gently tap the fork against the side of the bowl. This removes any excess candy from the Oreo.
- Step 6 – Place on Baking Sheet – Then place the Oreos on the baking sheet and top each Oreo with a Heart sprinkle.
- Step 7 – Rest at Room Temperature – Then let them sit at room temperature for approximately 1 hour for the candy to re-harden.
- Step 8 – Serve and Enjoy – Then the Oreos are ready to serve and enjoy.
Grinch Oreo Pops Recipe Tips:
- Melting Candy Melt – Melt the candy melts in intervals so it does not burn. Make sure to stir between each interval. The coconut oil helps to keep it creamy.
- Line Baking Sheet – We recommend lining baking sheet with parchment paper or wax paper. This helps for easy clean up and to prevent chocolate dipped Oreo from sticking.
- Remove Excess Chocolate – Once you have dipped the Oreo in the melted chocolate, tap the fork on the side of the bowl. This allows for any excessive chocolate to be removed.
- Rest Chocolate Covered Oreos – Once you have covered them with melted candy, allow the Oreos to rest for at least 30 minutes. This allows them to cool and harden.
How to Decorate Grinch Oreo Pops:
The chocolate covered Oreos can be decorated in many different ways. If you are unable to find a red heart candy, feel free to use one of these options.
- Red and White Sprinkles
- Red and Green Sprinkles
- Drizzle with white chocolate
How Long will they last:
These Christmas Chocolate Covered Oreos will last up to 3 weeks if stored properly.
- Change the Oreos – During Christmas time, Oreo makes a Christmas Oreo with Red filling. This is a great option, but you can use any type or flavor of Oreo.
- Melt Chocolate Chips – These candy coating Christmas treats can be dipped into melted chocolate. Feel free to use white chocolate chips or almond bark. Then add in green food coloring to create a festive treat.
- Cake Pops – This Grinch Oreo Pops remind me of Cake Pops. You can easily make Grinch Cake Pops but crushing the Oreos and mixing with cream cheese. We have an easy recipe that will walk you through the steps.
Can they be prepared ahead of time?
Yes, this is the perfect dessert to prepare ahead of time. This makes it perfect for the last minute holiday gathering or wrap up as a gift.
Easy Chocolate Covered Oreo Pops:
If you are looking for an easy treat to make while you are decorating the Christmas tree, this is the one to make. Get the kids involved to dip and decorate the chocolate covered Oreos.
These Grinch Chocolate Covered Oreos are also great as a centerpiece for the kids table.
You only need a few ingredients and this delicious treat is made easily with a few steps.
How to Store Chocolate Covered Oreo Pops:
Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3-4 weeks.
Print Recipe For Grinch Oreo Pops:
Grinch Oreo Pops
- 20 Double Stuffed Oreo Cookies
- 1 pkg Green Candy Melts 12 ounces
- 1 Tablespoon Coconut Oil
- 20 Red Heart Sprinkles
- 20 Lollipop Sticks
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or wax paper.
- Gently press the lollipop sticks into the cream filling of the double stuffed Oreo cookies.
- Place the candy melts in coconut oil in a microwave safe bowl. Heat in 30 second intervals, stirring after each interval until fully melted. Be careful not to over heat.
- Then place an Oreo in the melted candy and use a fork to remove the Oreo carefully so that the stick does not fall out of the Oreo.
- While the Oreo is on the fork gently tap the fork against the side of the bowl to remove any excess candy from the Oreo.
- Then place the Oreos on the baking sheet and top each Oreo with a Heart sprinkle.
- Then let them sit at room temperature for approximately 1 hour for the candy to re-harden.
- Then the Oreos are ready to serve and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe