This Christmas Fruit Salad is loaded with red and green fruit. Light and refreshing side dish that is drizzled with a honey and lime dressing.
Get my Christmas Cookbook Bundle 75%
Easy Christmas Fruit Salad Recipe:
If you are looking for a fruit salad to add to your Christmas menu, make this delicious Christmas Fruit Salad. This fresh fruit salad is loaded with flavor and will look beautiful on your holiday table.
This winter fruit salad is loaded with red and green fruit, pomegranate seeds, and a honey lime dressing. It is perfect for the holidays or make it for your next potlucks.
This fruit salad is easy to make and feel free to change the fruit or dressing. There are many red and green fruit to choose from. Make this family favorite fruit salad the next time you need a light and refreshing side dish for Christmas dinner.
- Red Apple (sliced)
- Green Grapes
- Red Grapes
- Kiwis (peeled and sliced)
- Pomegranate Arils
- Lime (juiced)
How to Make Christmas Fruit Salad:
- Step 1 – Stir Fruit in bowl – In a large bowl, gently stir together the fruit. Being careful to not smash any of the fruit with stirring.
- Step 2 – Make Fruit Salad Dressing – In a small bowl, whisk together the honey and lime juice.
- Step 3 – Add dressing to fruit – Drizzle the honey mixture over the fruit. Gently toss the fruit to coat it with the honey mixture.
- Step 4 – Serve and Enjoy – Refrigerate until ready to serve and enjoy!
How to Make Berry Fruit Salad Dressing:
This honey lime dressing is simple to prepare. You only need 2 ingredients but you can also add in some lime zest. The combination of these ingredients give it a fresh, sweet and tart taste.
Simple combine these ingredients in a bowl. Then pour over the fruit for a delicious dressing that adds the right amount flavor to the fresh fruit.
This fruit salad is a basic recipe, feel free to change the lime for lemon.
Other Red and Green Fruits to Add:
Feel free to change the fruit to what you prefer. Here are some other red and green fruit options.
- Red Fruit – Strawberries, Maraschino Cherries, watermelon, or dried cranberries
- Green Fruit – Green Apples, pears, or green melon
Fruit Salad Tips:
- Choosing Fruit – We recommend choosing fruit that is firm but ripe.
- Preparing Fruit – Clean and wash fruit before adding to the bowl. You may need to peel and cut into bite size pieces. We recommend making sure they are dried before mixing everything together. This helps to keep the mixed berry fruit salad from getting mushy to soon.
- Mixing Fruit with Dressing – When combining the fruit together with the dressing, stir gently.
- Serving Fruit Salad – You can easily serve this fruit salad immediately after preparing. But we like to prepare and store in the fridge to allow the dressing to marinate in the fruit. Serve this fruit salad over ice cream or as a side dish to your holiday dinner.
- Bowl – Because of the beautiful colors, we like to serve in a glass trifle bowl or a clear glass bowl.
- Apples – Once you cut the apples, make sure to stir with the dressing quickly. This keeps the apples from turning brown.
Can I Prepare Christmas Fruit Salad ahead of time?
Yes, you can easily prepare this fruit salad ahead of time. This makes making this salad for your holiday dinner easy to do.
Wash, chop fruit and place in a bowl. Stir the fruit together then pour the dressing and store in the fridge. This allows for the ingredients to really combine together to create the best flavor.
- Change Fruit – This fruit salad can be made with many different fruits. We like to make the salad with seasonal fruit.
- Change Dressing – We love the honey lime dressing, but you can easily change the dressing. Instead of lime juice use lemon juice. You can even make a dressing with orange and pineapple juice. If you want a sweeter dressing, mix in maple syrup or honey.
- Topping – Feel free to add in chopped nuts, marshmallows and top with whipped cream. Shredded coconut is also a delicious addition.
What is a Good Fruit for Christmas?
Our favorite fruits for Christmas is oranges, apples, and pears. These options are best during the winter season.
Can I Use Frozen Fruit?
This recipe is best made with fresh fruit. If you use frozen fruit then it can turn to mush when it thaws.
Can I Freeze Fruit Salad Christmas Recipe?
We do not recommend freezing this holiday fruit salad. It is best made fresh with fresh fruit.
How to Store Leftovers:
Refrigerate the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3-5 days. If you are looking for a gluten free and vegan side dish that is the recipe to make.
Print Recipe for Christmas Fruit Salad:
Christmas Fruit Salad
- 1 Red Apple sliced
- 1 cup Green Grapes
- 1 cup Red Grapes
- 2 Kiwis peeled and sliced
- 1 cup Raspberries
- ½ cup Pomegranate Arils
- 2 Tablespoons Honey
- ½ Lime juiced
- In a large bowl, gently stir together the fruit being careful to not smash any of the fruit with stirring.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the honey and lime juice.
- Drizzle the honey mixture over the fruit and gently toss the fruit to coat it with the honey mixture.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More Christmas Side Dish Recipes:
- Candied Sweet Potatoes Recipe
- Cracker Barrel Hashbrown Casserole Recipe
- Olive Garden Stuffed Mushrooms Recipe