If you are looking for a new Christmas Eve tradition, make this Christmas Milkshake. The perfect milkshakes for the holiday season.
Get my Christmas Cookbook Bundle 75%
Christmas Milkshake Recipe:
We love making festive drinks when we are wrapping gifts or hanging out with family. This Christmas Milkshake is perfect for this time of year. We love that the milkshake is blended with vanilla ice cream in a fun green color. Top with the red sprinkles on the edge of the rim.
If you love eggnog milkshakes, then you need to add this Christmas Milkshake to your holiday parties. Everyone will love this green milkshake, fun serving glasses and colorful straws.
Top the milkshake with candy canes and whipped cream for a fun and festive holiday treat. Make sure to garnish with Christmas Sprinkles in a fun milkshake glass.
Why we Love Holiday Milkshakes:
- Fun to Make – We love fun and festive treats to serve during the holidays. Turn your plain milkshake into a fun green color milkshake served in sprinkle rimmed glasses.
- Sprinkle Ingredients – These milkshakes are fun to make. Your kids will want them all season long. Feel free to change the ice cream and sprinkles to make it your own.
- Christmas Elf Shake – This would be the perfect shake to make for Santa with your Santa Cookies.
- Blue Bell Vanilla Ice Cream
- Green Gel Food Coloring
- Square Almond Bark
- Red, White and Green Sprinkles
- Whipped Cream (for topping)
How to Make Christmas Milkshakes:
- Step 1 – Melt the almond bark based on the package instructions in a large bowl. Place the rim of 2 serving cups in the almond bark. Coat the top of the rim with the melted almond bark.
- Step 2 – Place the sprinkles on a plate. Then place the top of the cup coated in almond bark in the sprinkles. Use your hands to coat the almond bark in a small layer with the sprinkle mixture.
- Step 3 – Place the cups in the freezer while you prepare the shake so that the rim mixture will set.
- Step 4 – Add the ice cream, milk and green food coloring to a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Step 5 – Pour the milkshake into the prepared glasses. Top with whipped cream and additional holiday sprinkles.
- Step 6 – Serve immediately while cold and enjoy.
Christmas Shake Recipe Tips:
- Ice – Do not add ice to the milk shake as it will water down the shake before serving.
- Melt Almond Bark – Melt almond bark according to the package. You can melt in the microwave or on the stove top.
- Chill Cups – We chill the milkshake cups in the freezer or refrigerator to set the sprinkles.
Peppermint Oreo Milkshake:
This milkshake will be delicious with added peppermint extract and Oreos cookies. Change the ice cream to Mint Chocolate Chip for a fun new recipes. Peppermint milkshake would even be delicious with peppermint schnapps.
You can even make a Boozy Grinch Milkshake by adding in vodka. Try more Christmas drinks.
More Milkshake Variation Ideas:
- Gingerbread House Milkshake – We love to change the ingredients to make this milkshake. Ginger cookies added in and then topped with vanilla frosting for a delicious option. Crushed Gingersnap cookies can easily be blended with the ice cream.
- Cheesecake Milkshake – For a delicious milkshake flavor, add in cream cheese with the vanilla ice cream.
- Dairy Free – Feel to make this milkshake with a dairy free ice cream.
- Gumdrops – My kids love topping the milkshake with gumdrops for a delicious option. We even like adding red coloring to make the ice cream red.
How to Store Leftovers:
Store your leftovers in the freezer for up to a month.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Yes, just add in 2 tablespoons of malt powder to your blender with the other ingredients.
Of course! Add your ingredients to a large bowl and blend with a spatula. Then pour into your fun glasses and freeze.
Feel free to add in mini chocolate chips, fruit, or coconut.
Print Recipe for Christmas Milkshake:
- 4 cups Vanilla Ice Cream
- ⅓ cup Milk
- Green Gel Food Coloring
- 1 Square Almond Bark
- Red White and Green Sprinkles
- Whipped Cream for topping
- Melt the almond bark based on the package instructions in a large bowl. Place the rim of 2 serving cups in the almond bark to coat the top of the rim with the melted almond bark.
- Place the sprinkles on a plate and place the top of the cup coated in almond bark in the sprinkles and use your hands to coat the almond bark with the sprinkle mixture.
- Place the cups in the freezer while you prepare the shake so that the rim mixture will set.
- Add the ice cream, milk and green food coloring to a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Pour the milkshake into the prepared glasses. Top with whipped cream and additional holiday sprinkles.
- Serve immediately while cold and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe