M&M Christmas Cookies are chewy, delicious and easy to make. M&M candies fill these cookies with so much flavor and make the perfect holiday cookie.
Easy M&M Christmas Cookie Recipe:
We love holiday baking and this M&M Christmas Cookies are the perfect one to make. They are soft, chewy and full of flavor. These cookies are perfect for your holiday dessert trays or wrapped up for a homemade gift.
These fun and festive cookies are made with simple pantry ingredients. If you are a baker you probably already have all the ingredients. The Red and Green M&M gives these cookies amazing flavor.
If you love making holiday cookies for your Christmas dinner, then these are the ones to make. Add a tall glass of milk and enjoy these cookies for all your holiday festivities.
You may love these Cake Mix Christmas Cookies.
Why We Love M&M Cookies:
- Taste and Texture – We love the combination of the M&M and chocolate chips gives these cookies amazing flavor. The soft and chewy texture makes these the best Christmas Cookies.
- Fun and Festive – The red and green M&M’s makes these cookies to fun and festive. Holiday baking is so much fun and we love to make these cookies as a family.
- Easy to Make – These cookies are perfect for a quick and easy Christmas Cookie. You can even make ahead of time and freeze the dough to easily make for a last minute gathering.
- Butter softened
- Granulated Sugar
- Brown Sugar
- Large Eggs
- Vanilla Extract
- All Purpose Flour
- Baking Soda
- Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Red and Green M&Ms
How to Make Christmas M&M Cookies:
- Step 1 – Heat Oven – Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Step 2 – Beat Butter – In a large bowl beat with a stand mixer or hand mixer, the butter and both sugars. Mix on medium speed for 2-3 minutes until the mixture is creamy. If using a stand mixer use the paddle attachment.
- Step 3 – Add in Eggs – Scrape down the sides of the bowl and then add in the eggs and vanilla. Continue mixing until thoroughly combined.
- Step 4 – Mix Dry Ingredients – In a separate bowl, stir together the flour, salt, cornstarch, and baking soda or baking powder.
- Step 5 – Mix flour mixture and wet ingredients – Then mix the bowl of dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. We recommend mixing this by hand so that the mixture does not get over mixed.
- Step 6 – Mix Milk Chocolate Chips – Next gently stir in the chocolate chips and M&Ms. Reserve some of the M&Ms for topping on the cookies.
- Step 7 – Make Cookie Dough Balls Then drop the cookie dough onto baking sheets in approximately 1.5 tablespoon amounts. Press the reserved M&Ms into the top of the cookies.
- Step 8 – Bake Cookies – Bake for 8-10 minutes until the edges of the cookies are slightly brown. Do not over bake. The cookies may look raw in the middle but they will continue to cook as they set.
- Step 9 – Place on Cooling Rack – Cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes. Transferring to a wire cooling rack to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Step 10 – Serve – Then the cookies are ready to serve and enjoy.
- Mixing Ingredients – Mix the ingredients together but do not overmix. Just combine until ingredients are mixed together.
- Room Temperature Ingredients – Before combining ingredients, make sure the butter is softened. This will ensure the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Measuring the Flour – It is best to spoon the flour into the measuring cup instead of scooping it. This will ensure you don’t use too much flour and make the cookies crumbly.
- Allow to cool – Leave the cookies on the baking sheet a few minutes before you move them to a wire rack. This will give them time to set and hold their shape.
- Cookie Scoop make it easy – We love to use cookie scoops to form the cookies into balls. This will ensure they are all uniform.
- Baking Sheet – We recommend lining the baking sheets with parchment paper. It helps with clean up and easily removing the chocolate chip cookies from the baking sheet.
- Chill the Dough – Feel free to chill the dough before baking. You can easily make the dough and place in the fridge until ready to bake.
- Chocolate Chips – These batches of cookies can be made with different types of chocolate chips. We used semi-sweet chocolate chips but you can easily use white chocolate chips. We have even used dark chocolate chips for a different flavor.
- Mini M&M – Feel free to change the M&M’s to mini M&M’s for a fun twist.
- Sprinkles – If you prefer you can use red and green sprinkles instead of the M&M’s.
- Chopped Nuts – These cookies would be delicious with chopped nuts. Add in chopped peanuts or chopped walnuts.
Can you Freeze M&M Christmas Cookies?
Yes, can freeze M&M Christmas cookies. Feel free to freeze the cookies or the cookie dough.
You can extend their shelf life by freezing the cookies. Wrap in plastic wrap and then place inside a freezer container. They can be frozen up to a month.
If you prefer to freeze the cookie dough, make the balls and place on a sheet pan. Freeze for 1 to 2 hours to flash freeze the dough.
Then transfer to a freezer container and freeze up to a month. When ready to serve, bake as normal but increase the cooking time by a few minutes.
How to Store Leftovers:
Store in an airtight container or ziplock bag at room temperature for up to 5 days. Keep a slice of bread in the container with the leftover cookies to keep them moist.
Print Recipe for M&M Christmas Cookies:
M&M Christmas Cookies
- 1 cup Butter softened
- 1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Large Eggs
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3 cups All Purpose Flour
- 2 tsp Cornstarch
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 cup Red and Green M&Ms
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl beat (with a stand up mixer or hand mixer), the butter and both sugars. Mix on medium speed for 2-3 minutes until the mixture is creamy.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl and then add in the eggs and vanilla. Continue mixing until thoroughly combined.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt.
- Then mix the bowl of dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. We recommend mixing this by hand so that the mixture does not get over mixed.
- Next gently stir in the chocolate chips and M&Ms. Reserve some of the M&Ms for topping on the cookies.
- Then drop the cookie dough onto baking sheets in approximately 1.5 tablespoon amounts. Press the reserved M&Ms into the top of the cookies.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until the edges of the cookies are slightly brown. Do not over bake. The cookies may look raw in the middle but they will continue to cook as they set.
- Cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes and then move the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Then the cookies are ready to serve and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More Easy Christmas Cookie Recipes:
- Christmas No Bake Cookies
- Oreo Snowman Cookies
- Christmas Sprinkle Cookies
- Christmas Light Cookies
- Melting Snowman Cookies