If you are looking for an easy holiday snack, make Candy Cane Popcorn. You only need 3 ingredients to make this flavor peppermint snack.
Get my Christmas Cookbook Bundle 75%
Easy Candy Cane Popcorn Recipe:
Candy Cane Popcorn is creamy, delicious and full of peppermint flavor. This fun and festive holiday snack is perfect to serve for all your holiday gatherings. You only need 3 ingredients to make this sweet and salty treat.
Candy Cane Popcorn is the ultimate gourmet popcorn. We love to enjoy all the holiday treats during Christmas time and this is always on the list. It is the perfect treat to make for gifts or for movie night.
This popcorn is quick, easy and budget friendly. We love that you only need a few ingredients and it is always a family favorite. Skip the store bought gourmet popcorn and make this delicious, creamy popcorn at home.
You may also love these Candy Cane Cookies.
- Popped Popcorn
- White Chocolate Chips 11.5 oz bag
- Mini Crushed Peppermint Candy Canes
How to Make Candy Cane Popcorn:
- Step 1 – Prepare Popcorn – Pop approximately 10 cups of popcorn and place it on baking sheets lined with parchment paper. You will likely need 2 baking sheets.
- Step 2 – Melt White Chocolate Chips – Place the white chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl. Heat in 20 second intervals in the microwave, stirring after heat interval until melted and combined. Stir in approximately ½ cup of the crushed candy canes.
- Step 3 – Pour Melted Chocolate over Popcorn – Pour this mixture over the popcorn. Toss the popcorn to thoroughly coat it with the milk chocolate mixture.
- Step 4 – Top with Crushed Candy Canes – Sprinkle the remaining crushed candy canes pieces on top of the popcorn.
- Step 5 – Serve and Enjoy – Let the popcorn sit at room temperature until the white chocolate hardens. Then break the popcorn into pieces and enjoy!
How to Store Candy Cane Popcorn:
Candy Cane Popcorn is easy to store. Simply place in an air tight container and leave at room temperature.
We like to keep a holiday container out for the holiday so my family snack on the popcorn.
How Long will it Last:
We recommend serving the popcorn within about 2 to 3 days of making it. It will last about a week if stored properly, but it could become soggy.
- Peppermint Candies – You can use the larger candy canes or regular peppermint instead of the mini peppermint candy canes. Just make sure they have been crushed into bite size pieces.
- Sprinkles – Sprinkles are always a great addition to this popcorn. You can keep it with the holiday theme or use multi-color sprinkles.
- Melted Chocolate – Drizzle the top with melted milk chocolate for a fun and delicious twist to this popcorn. You can also change the white chocolate and use milk chocolate.
- Nuts – Chopped nuts add a crunchy texture this popcorn. You can use chopped peanuts, sliced almonds, or crushed walnuts. All options are always a family favorite.
- Pretzels – Break up some pretzels and mix it with the popcorn. It adds flavor to this sweet and salty mixture.
Candy Cane Popcorn Tips:
- Popcorn – I used microwave popcorn for this recipe, but you can definitely use whichever is your favorite! Feel free to use store bought popcorn or air popper popcorn if you prefer.
- Plain Popcorn – We recommend using plain popcorn for this recipe. But if you prefer, feel free to use butter popcorn. Make sure to remove any of the popcorn kernels before coating the popcorn.
- Chocolate – Instead of melting white chocolate, use white candy melts. Candy melts come in fun colors, so feel free to drizzle the popcorn with a fun color.
- Breaking Up the Candy – The best way we found to crush the candy canes is by placing in a ziplock and crushing with a rolling pin. This allows you get crush the candy to what you prefer and it doesn’t cause that big of a mess. But you can also use a food processor.
The Perfect Holiday Gift:
If you are needing a budget friendly holiday gift, make this Candy Corn Popcorn. This tasty blend of popcorn is so easy to make with just a few ingredients. It takes just minutes to make but turns outs perfectly.
The salty popcorn and sweet candy cane make the best combination. If you like trying gourmet popcorn, this is definitely a great recipe to try.
It is beautiful on the dessert table and always one of the first to go. You will not be disappointed if you make this treat. It also is great wrapped in a bag with bow for the perfect gift for friends, family and neighbors.
We love it for Christmas but enjoy it all year long. This recipe is so sweet and decadent for a great movie snack or party treat.
Print Recipe here for Candy Cane Popcorn:
Candy Cane Popcorn
- 10 cups Popped Popcorn
- 1 bag White Chocolate Chips 11.5 oz bag
- 9 Peppermint Candy Canes crushed
- Pop approximately 10 cups of popcorn and place it on baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
- You will likely need 2 baking sheets.
- Place the white chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl.
- Heat in 20 second intervals in the microwave, stirring after heat interval until melted and combined.
- Stir in approximately ½ cup of the crushed candy canes until combined
- Pour this mixture over the popcorn. Toss the popcorn to thoroughly coat it with the milk chocolate mixture.
- Sprinkle the remaining crushed candy canes on top of the popcorn.
- Let the popcorn sit at room temperature until the white chocolate hardens.
- Finally break the popcorn into pieces and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe