If you are looking for the easiest cookie recipe, make Cake Mix Christmas Cookies. They are fun and festive and loaded with flavor.
Get my Christmas Cookbook Bundle 75%
Easy Cake Mix Christmas Cookie Recipe:
These Cake Mix Christmas Cookies are the perfect holiday dessert. The bright red and green colors makes these Christmas cookies so festive. These light and fluffy cookies come out moist every time.
Cake Mix Cookies is an easy cookie recipe. It starts with a box cake mix and rolled in powdered sugar to create a delicious Christmas crinkle cookies. You can’t go wrong with these holiday cookies.
If you need a quick and easy cookie for a last minute gathering, make these cookies. My kids love adding their favorite sprinkle for a delicious holiday treat.
What are Cake Mix Cookies?
Cake Mix Cookies start with any flavor of cake mix. Eggs and oil are added to make cake mix cookies. We have made vanilla cake mix cookies, chocolate cake mix cookies and red velvet cookies with white chocolate chips. The options are endless.
You can even frost the cookies with a cream cheese frosting or top with powdered sugar glaze.
The prep time on this cookies takes just a few minutes. The cookie dough bakes easily and always bakes with a soft texture.
- White Cake Mix
- Large Eggs
- Vegetable Oil
- Powdered Sugar
- Red Food Coloring
- Green Food Coloring
How to Make Cake Mix Christmas Cookies:
Step 1 – In a large bowl stir together the cake mix, eggs and vegetable oil until combined.
Step 2 – Divide the batter evenly into two bowls.
Step 3 – Dye one bowl red and the other bowl green.
Step 4 – Use a cookie scoop and roll the dough in powdered sugar.
Step 5 – Place on baking sheets leaving about 2 inches between cookies.
Step 6 – Then use a glass to gently press each cookie down slightly and bake.
Christmas Cake Mix Cookies Recipe Tips:
- Scooping the Cookie Dough – We recommend using a cookie scoop to scoop the dough. This ensures that the cookie dough balls are about the same size. Which helps to cook them evenly.
- Adding Food Coloring – For a vibrant red and green color, we recommend using gel food coloring. Add as much as you want to get the color that you desire on these Christmas colored cookies.
- Pressing Cookie Dough – To help with the cookie shape, we recommend flattening the cookie dough gently with a glass.
- Baking Cookies – Keep in mind the cookies will continue to bake while on the cookie sheet. Make sure to preheat oven to 350 degrees before placing cookies in the oven.
- Preparing Baking Sheets – I like to line the baking sheet with parchment paper or a baking mat but it is optional. It helps the cookies to bake more evenly and makes cleanup super easy.
- Cool Cookies – Allow the cookies to cool on a cooling rack before serving. This helps to keep the cookies together while enjoying the cookies.
Christmas Cookies Made with Cake mix Variations:
- Change the Cake Mix – Feel free to use different types of cake mixes. These are some of our favorites – Yellow Cake Mix, Lemon Cake Mix, Strawberry Cake Mix, Devil’s Food Cake Mix, or German Chocolate Cake Mix. Another family favorite is chocolate crinkle cookies.
- Chocolate Chips – Add texture and taste to these cookies by adding in white chocolate chip or chocolate chips.
- Toppings – Add a twist to these cookies and top with crushed peppermint candies or crushed candy cane.
- No Dye – These cookies can also be made without dye if you prefer.
- Coconut – If you love coconut you can easily add in shredded coconut for delicious flavor.
Can you Freeze Cake Mix Cookies?
Yes, these cake mix cookies are great to make ahead of time. If stored properly these cookies will last up to 3 months in the freezer.
Once the cookies have come to room temperature, place them in an freezer safe container. You can layer the cookies in a container with wax paper in between the layers.
You can also freeze the cookie dough balls to bake later. Just put the cooking dough balls on a baking sheet.
Instead of baking, put in the freezer just long enough to flash freeze the cookies. This normally takes about 1 to 2 hours. Then place the cookie dough balls in a freezer container to store.
Learn more tips and tricks on how to freeze cookies for baking.
How to Store Christmas Cookies from Cake Mix:
Store the leftover cookies in an airtight container for up to 1 week. Place a piece of bread in the container with the cookies to keep them soft.
These cookies are perfect for a bake sale or to put on your dessert cookie tray.
More Easy Christmas Cookie Recipes:
Print Recipe for Cake Mix Christmas Cookies:
Cake Mix Christmas Cookies
- 1 white cake mix
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup Vegetable Oil
- 1/3 cup Powdered Sugar
- Red Food Coloring
- Green Food Coloring
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large mixing bowl stir together the cake mix, eggs and vegetable oil until combined (the batter will be thick).
- Divide the batter evenly into two bowls. Dye one bowl red and the other bowl green.
- Use a cookie scoop and roll the dough in powdered sugar.
- Place on baking sheets leaving about 2 inches between cookies.
- Then use a glass to gently press each cookie down slightly.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until cookies brown slightly on the edges.
- Allow to cool completely and then serve.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe