Get into the holiday spirit with these adorable Reindeer Pancakes. Delicious and easy to make Christmas morning breakfast.
Get my Christmas Cookbook Bundle 75%
Easy Reindeer Pancakes Recipe:
These reindeer Christmas pancakes are the perfect Christmas morning breakfast. Start with a homemade buttermilk pancake mix and cook on a hot griddle. Then create a reindeer face for a fun and festive breakfast on Christmas eve or Christmas day.
My kids are older now, but still love when I make their favorite Rudolph pancakes. These cute reindeer pancakes can be decorated many different ways and always a family favorite.
This is our favorite pancake recipe but you can use what you prefer. Make special memories with the kids this holiday and make this Reindeer Pancakes. The kids will love to decorate the pancakes.
Check out these Reindeer Pretzel Rods for a festive treat.
For the Pancakes:
- Brown Sugar
- Baking Powder
- Melted Butter
To Make Reindeers:
- Slices Bacon
- Strawberries (sliced)
- Chocolate Chips
- Whipped Cream
How to Make Pancakes:
- Step 1 – Combine Dry Ingredients – Whisk together the flour, brown sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Step 2 – Mix Egg, Milk, Vanilla – In a small bowl, whisk together the large egg, milk and vanilla.
- Step 3 – Combine Wet and Dry Ingredients – Whisk the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, then stir in the melted butter. Combine ingredients in a large bowl.
- Step 4 – Heat Griddle – Heat a nonstick griddle or large skillet over medium heat.
- Step 5 – Pour Batter – Pour ⅓ cup pancake batter onto the griddle for each pancake. This is to make the faces of the reindeer.
- Step 6 – Cook Pancakes – Cook until bubbles form in the middle, about 3 minutes. Flip and cook until golden brown, about 2 minutes. Remove from the griddle.
- Step 7 – Continue Cooking – Continue this process to make approximately 12 small oval pancakes. Cook batter as well for the ears of the reindeer.
How to Make Reindeer Pancakes:
- Step 1 – Prepare Slices of Bacon – Line a plate with a paper towel. Place the bacon on top.
- Step 2 – Microwave Bacon – Microwave for 6-8 minutes (flipping halfway through the cook time). Cook until the bacon is cooked through and crisp.
- Step 3 – Begin Make Reindeer Face – Place a larger pancake on each serving plate. Place 2 pieces of bacon and 2 small oval mini pancakes on the top for the antlers and the ears.
- Step 4 – Add the toppings – Make the faces of the reindeer with the whipped cream, chocolate chips and sliced strawberries.
- Step 5 – Serve and Enjoy – Then the pancakes are ready to serve and enjoy with maple syrup.
Substitutions and Additions:
- Reindeer Eyes – We used chocolate chips for the reindeer eyes. But you can make the candy eyes using blueberries, large marshmallows, raspberries.
- Bacon – We used bacon slices for the bacon antlers for reindeer shaped pancakes. But you can use candy cane or other types of bacon. You can use leftover bacon or turkey bacon.
- Topping – We love to top with whipped cream but feel free to use what you prefer.
- Pancake Batter – Feel free to add in pancake batter. We have added in chocolate chips or chopped nuts.
Pancake Topping Ideas:
There are many ways to enjoy these pancakes and we love making these Reindeer Pancakes. These are some of our pancake toppings.
- Fruit – We love serving these pancakes with fresh fruit. Strawberries, blueberries and bananas are my favorites.
- Chocolate Spread – My kids love Nutella as a spread for their pancakes. So I always have that available for a topping.
- Powdered Sugar – Sprinkle the top with powdered with a side of fruit.
- Peanut Butter – My son loves peanut butter as a topping. It doesn’t matter if I make pancakes or waffles, peanut butter is his topping of choice.
- Pancake Sizes – When preparing the pancakes to make the red nose reindeer head you will need a large pancake. Then a smaller oval shaped pancake to top the larger pancake.
- Mixing Pancake Batter – Combine the dry and wet ingredients until the mixture is combined. This is the perfect pancake mix to make for the holiday season and ahead of time.
- Prepare Pan – Make sure to preheat skillet or griddle and melt butter on the skillet before adding pancake batter.
- Hot Skillet – Prior to adding the batter on the skillet, make sure it is hot. We like to wait until the butter is sizzling.
- Ready to Flip – Once bubbles start appearing on the top of the pancake, then it is ready to flip. It usually takes about 2 minutes before it is ready to flip.
How to Store Leftovers:
Refrigerate the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5-7 days.
Print Recipe for Reindeer Pancakes:
For the Pancakes:
- 1 1/4 cup Flour
- 2 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 Egg
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 tbsp Vanilla
- 1 tbsp melted Butter
To Make Reindeers:
- 12 slices Bacon
- 2 Strawberries sliced
- ¼ cup Chocolate Chips
- Whipped Cream
- Whisk together the flour, brown sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the egg, milk and vanilla.
- Whisk the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, then stir in the melted butter.
- Heat a nonstick griddle or skillet over medium heat.
- Pour ⅓ cup batter onto the griddle for each pancake to make the faces of the reindeer.
- Cook until bubbles form in the middle, about 3 minutes. Flip and cook until golden brown, about 2 minutes. Remove from the griddle.
- Continue this process to make approximately 12 small oval pancakes as well for the ears of the reindeer.
- Line a plate with a paper towel. Place the bacon on top.
- Microwave for 6-8 minutes (flipping halfway through the cook time) until the bacon is cooked through and crisp.
- Place a pancake on each serving plate. Place 2 pieces of bacon and 2 small oval pancakes on the top for the antlers and the ears.
- Make the faces of the reindeer with the whipped cream, chocolate chips and sliced strawberries.
- Then the pancakes are ready to serve and enjoy with syrup!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More Christmas Breakfast Ideas:
- Grinch Pancakes
- Santa Pancakes
- Christmas Pancakes
- Crock Pot French Toast Recipe
- Christmas Breakfast Casserole Recipes