Olive Garden Baked Ziti if loaded with 5 cheeses, marinara sauce and alfredo sauce to make the best baked Ziti. Easy and delicious copycat recipe.
Copycat Olive Garden 5 Cheese Ziti Recipe:
This copycat baked ziti Olive Garden recipe is hearty, delicious and loaded with flavor. The ingredients are simple but include 5 cheeses, marinara and alfredo sauce. All mixed with simple seasoning and pasta to make the ultimate baked ziti recipe. This is one of our favorite Christmas pasta dish.
You are going to love this Baked Ziti Recipe Olive Garden Recipe. It is one of our favorite recipes and now we can easily make it at home with simple ingredients. After cooking the pasta, the ingredients are mixed together and then poured into a baking dish.
The ziti mixture is then topped with cheese and bread crumbs for added flavor. We love to add a side salad and breadsticks to complete this meal. This baked ziti is perfect for a weeknight meal or to feed a crowd. You might also like Olive Garden Toasted Ravioli and Olive Garden Stuffed Mushrooms.
- Ziti Pasta
- Marinara Sauce 24 oz jar
- Alfredo Sauce 15 oz jar
- Ricotta Cheese
- Fontina Cheese shredded
- Mozzarella Cheese shredded
- Mozzarella Cheese shredded
- Romano Cheese grated
- Parmesan Cheese grated
- Minced Garlic
- Panko Breadcrumbs
How to Make Olive Garden Baked Ziti:
- Step 1 – Heat oven and prepare baking pan – Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and spray a 9X13 baking pan with a non-stick cooking spray.
- Step 2 – Cook Ziti – Boil the ziti based on the package instructions to al dente. Drain and set aside.
- Step 3 – Combine Ingredients – In a large mix bowl, stir together marinara sauce, Alfredo sauce, ricotta cheese, fontina cheese and mozzarella cheese. Then gently fold the cooked ziti into this sauce mixture. Then pour this mixture into the prepared baking pan.
- Step 4 – Combine Toppings – In a separate bowl, stir together the topping ingredients. Evenly sprinkle the topping mixture on top of the pasta in the pan.
- Step 5 – Ready to Bake – Bake uncovered for 30-35 minutes until the top is golden brown and the sauce is bubbly.
- Step 6 – Serve – Serve warm and enjoy.
Substitutions and Additions:
- Add Meat – This Olive Garden Five Cheese ziti is loaded with cheese. But you can add in meat. We recommend ground beef or ground turkey, but shrimp would also be a delicious alternative.
- Pasta – You can easily change the pasta in this recipe. Rigatoni noodles or Penne Noodles are always good options.
- Ricotta Cheese – Instead of ricotta cheese feel free to substitute with cottage cheese for delicious variation.
- Gluten Free – If you are on a gluten free diet, you can still enjoy this recipe. Switch the pasta to a gluten free option and the bread crumbs. Be sure to check the other ingredients.
- Cheese – Feel free to change out the cheese to what you can find. Mozzarella Fontina cheese is sometimes hard to find but you can just use more Mozzarella Cheese.
- Sauce – We used store bought alfredo sauce and marinara sauce for this recipe. But you can easily make your own if you prefer.
- Garlic – Minced garlic is what we use for this recipe. But you can use garlic powder as an easy substitute.
Tips for Olive Garden Ziti:
- Noodles – Make sure to cook the noodles al dente before mixing with the other ingredients. We allow the ziti to cook over medium heat until cooked in olive oil.
- Combining the Ingredients – When mixing the ingredients together, make sure the ziti is completely covered before adding to baking dish.
- Prepare Baking Dish – Before pour the ziti mixture in the baking dish, it is a good idea to spray with cooking spray. This makes for an easy clean up and prevents the mixture from sticking to the pan.
- Parmesan Romano Cheese – We love to top our baked ziti with this parmesan Romano cheese blend. But you can use mozzarella if you prefer.
What to Serve with Baked Ziti:
- Bread Sticks – We love to make these cheese bread sticks. It pairs well with this ziti dish and allows to get the last drop of the sauce.
- Roasted Vegetables – This bake ziti is rich and hearty, so I like to make sides that are light. Roasted broccoli or asparagus is always a good option and easy to make.
- Garden Salad – Make a side salad loaded with vegetables for an easy side with this baked ziti.
How to Freeze Ziti:
Baked Ziti can be placed in the freezer if stored properly. Cover with plastic wrap and foil prior to baking in an air tight container.
Freeze up to 3 months. Then just thaw in the fridge overnight when ready to bake.
Sometimes, we double the recipe to have one for the freezer. It is beneficial when we are tempted to get takeout.
How to Store and Reheat Baked Ziti:
Refrigerate the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days. Reheat in the microwave or oven until heated through.
You may need to add a little bit of water to prevent it from drying out.
Baked ziti is delicious leftover as the ingredients really marinate together. We think it taste even better the next day.
Can Baked Ziti be Prepared ahead of time?
Sometimes if I have a busy week planned, I like to go ahead and make this ahead of time. Then when we are running around from numerous activities, I don’t have to worry about dinner or being tempted to get take out.
Prepare the baked ziti as indicated in the recipe. Place in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours instead of baking it.
Then when you are ready to bake, allow to come to room temperature. Then bake as normal or until the ziti is heated through. This is extremely helpful to utilize during busy seasons.
Easy Olive Garden Baked Ziti:
Our favorite dish at Olive Garden is the Baked Ziti. It is even easier to prepare at home with simple ingredients. Our family gets to enjoy all the delicious flavors of Olive Garden without leaving our house.
It is one of our favorite comfort food dishes without much work at all. Not to mention we are saving money cooking this at home. We love it for an easy weeknight meal before school activities.
Give it a try for a crowd pleasing meal. It is so delicious that you might enjoy this copycat version better. We sure love it and keep it on the regular menu plan rotation.
Add your favorite bread sticks and a salad for an easy complete meal idea.
Print Recipe here for Olive Garden Baked Ziti:
Olive Garden Baked Ziti Recipe
- 16 oz Ziti Pasta
- 1 jar Marinara Sauce 24 oz jar
- 1 jar Alfredo Sauce 24 oz jar
- 1/2 cup Ricotta Cheese
- 1/2 cup Fontina Cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup Mozzarella Cheese shredded
- 1 1/2 cup Mozzarella Cheese shredded
- 1/4 cup Romano Cheese grated
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese grated
- 2 tsp Minced Garlic
- 1/2 cup Panko Breadcrumbs
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and spray a 9X13 baking pan with a non-stick cooking spray.
- Boil the ziti based on the package instructions to al dente. Drain and set aside.
- In a large mix bowl, stir together marinara sauce, Alfredo sauce, ricotta cheese, fontina cheese and mozzarella cheese. Then gently fold the cooked ziti into this sauce mixture. Then pour this mixture into the prepared baking pan.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the topping ingredients. Evenly sprinkle the topping mixture on top of the pasta in the pan.
- Bake uncovered for 30-35 minutes until the top is golden brown and the sauce is bubbly.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More Easy Pasta Recipes:
- Crockpot Ground Turkey Lasagna Recipe
- One Pot Cheesy Taco Pasta Recipe
- Spicy Creamy Chicken Pasta Recipe