Baked Brie is the ultimate holiday appetizer. If you are needing an easy appetizer to serve this Christmas make this 2 ingredient Brie.
Get my Christmas Cookbook Bundle 75%
Easy Baked Brie Recipe:
During the holidays we usually host for Christmas dinner. I like to have appetizer to enjoy while catching up with family and friends. This Baked Brie is always served on a platter with our favorite crackers and fruit.
To make it a show stopper appetizer, we also like to serve topped with cranberry sauce. This ooey, gooey cheesy appetizer is rich, decadent and always is a crowd favorite.
This appetizer is quick and easy and so beautifully displayed on your holiday table. This baked brie is perfect served on a platter or display on your holiday charcuterie board.
Make sure to check out all our Christmas Snack Recipes.
What is Baked Brie?
Baked Brie is almost like a cheese dip. It is rich and flavorful and perfect served with fruit and crackers. Brie is baked and then the rind is cut to display the best melted cheese.
It is really is the best appetizer as their very little prep work and you only need 2 ingredients.
- Wheel of Brie 12-14 oz
How to Make Baked Brie:
- Step 1 – Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Step 2 – Place the brie on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Step 3 – Leave the rind on.
- Step 4 – Drizzle the honey on top of the brie.
- Step 5 – Bake in a preheated oven for 15-20 minutes until the cheese is soft.
- Step 6 – To make sure that the cheese is done, gently touch the center of the wheel of brie. The cheese should feel very soft in the center.
- Step 7 – Move the cheese to a serving platter. Then serve with crackers and fruit.
What to Serve with Baked Brie:
- Thick Crackers – When serving this baked brie make sure to choose a thicker cracker. Thin chips and crackers will not be strong enough to scoop this thick cheese.
- Crispy Loaf Bread – I like to go to my local bakery and they usually have sliced mini bread that is perfectly served with this appetizer.
- Fruit – Cheese, fruit and crackers just go together. They balance well and we like serving this combination. We suggest grapes, slice apples, or pears.
Tips for Baked Brie:
- Brie – We usually choose a budget friendly wedge of brie when making this recipe. If you choose an expensive brie or a economical brie it will stay bake delicious and cheesy.
- Gooey Cheese – Bake brie is best served immediately to get the best cheesy serving. After about 15 minutes the cheese is still good but it will become more of a spreadable cheese.
- Reheating Brie – If you have leftover Brie, you can simply place in the microwave and reheat. It only takes a minute or two for the brie to be melted again.
- Baking Brie – Make sure to bake brie in a large enough pan with parchment paper. This allows you to easily transport it to a shallow serving platter.
- Rind – After baking the brie we usually remove the rind, but the rind is edible if you prefer to leave it on.
How to Bake with Puff Pastry:
Another option is to add a puff pastry to the brie. If you add a puff pasty then really no additional toppings are needed. It is definitely not necessary, but it does add additional layer and flavor to the cheesy appetizer.
- Prepare Brie by cutting off the top skin off the brie.
- Place a single layer of puff pastry on the baking sheet.
- Top the puff pastry with the brie and add a tablespoon of jam of your choice.
- Fold the puff pastry around the brie to cover. Remove any excess dough. Feel free to add a egg wash over the top of the puff pastry. This adds to the crispy, golden brown texture after baking.
- Bake Brie wrapped in puff pastry in a preheated oven at 375 degrees for about 25 minutes. The puff pastry should be golden brown before removing from the oven.
- Allow baked brie to rest for a few minutes before serving.
Variations Ideas for Christmas Baked Brie:
There are a variety of ways to serve this Christmas Baked Brie Cheese. This ultimate appetizer is always a great way to have your friends and family to gather and catch up. These are some of our favorite brie toppings.
- Top with Cranberry Sauce
- Apricot Jam
- Cranberry Jam
- Strawberry Jam
- Raspberry Jam
- Diced Apples
- Pomegranate Seeds
- Maple Syrup
- Chopped Nuts – Pistachio Seeds, toasted pecans, or sliced almonds
How to Store Leftovers:
Baked brie is best served immediately. But if you do have leftovers, place the baked brie in an air tight container for up to 3 days.
When you are ready to serve again, reheat in the microwave for a minute or two to melt the cheese again.
Do you take the rind off Brie before baking?
Leave the rind on the Brie before baking. This allows the cheese to keep its shape while baking. The rind is edible so you can leave it on for serving or remove it so it is easier for dipping your crackers in.
Easy Christmas Appetizer:
If you are looking for an easy Christmas Appetizer to serve this holiday season, make this delicious 2 ingredient recipe. Your guest will be impressed how beautiful it looks displayed with crackers and fruit.
Add your favorite topping to really give this appetizer an eye pleasing look.
Print Recipe here for Baked Brie:
- 1 Wheel of Brie (12-14 oz)
- 2 Tablespoons Honey
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the brie on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Leave the rind on.
- Drizzle the honey on top of the brie.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 15-20 minutes until the cheese is soft.
- To make sure that the cheese is done, gently touch the center of the wheel of brie. The cheese should feel very soft in the center.
- Move the cheese to a serving platter. Then serve with crackers and fruit.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More Easy Christmas Appetizers:
- Christmas Tree Charcuterie Board
- Olive Garden Stuffed Mushrooms
- Bacon Wrapped Shrimp
- Bacon Ranch Cheese Ball Recipe
- Garlic and Onion Cheddar Cheese Ball Recipe
- 45 Easy Christmas Dips
- 45 Best Christmas Cheese Ball Recipes