Cherry Fluff Salad is a classic no bake dessert that is loaded with flavor. This dessert salad is made with simple ingredients and is perfect for the holidays.
Easy Cherry Fluff Recipe:
Cherry Fluff Recipe is a classic recipe that is sweet, creamy and loaded with flavor. All 5 ingredients are dumped in a bowl and mixed together. It creates a beautiful pink color that is a classic holiday dish.
If you have never made this old fashioned dessert, then you are in for a real treat. Cherry pie filling is mixed with crushed pineapple and sweetened condensed milk. Cool whip is then added with mini marshmallows to great a delicious dessert salad.
The prep work is very minimal in this recipe. There are very many different ingredients that can be added but is always a crowd favorite. This is perfect side dish to all your holiday dinners.
What is Cherry Fluff Salad?
Easy Cherry Fluff Salad is a dump and go dessert salad. You only need 5 simple ingredients that get dumped into a bowl and mix together. It takes less than 5 minutes to prepare and it is always a crowd favorite.
Cherry Fluff goes by many different names such as cherry fluff, pink salad, and pink fluff. Whatever you call it, you can pretty much guaranteed that it has been at your holiday table.
Because of the pink color, we usually serve for Christmas or Valentine’s Day. But this vintage recipe is delicious throughout the year at all your family gatherings.
- Cherry Pie Filling 21 oz can
- Sweetened Condensed Milk 14 oz can
- Whipped Topping Cool Whip 8 oz
- Crushed Pineapple 20 oz can, drained
- Mini Marshmallows 10 oz
How to Make Cherry Fluff Salad:
- Step 1 – Combine Ingredients – In a large mixing bowl, stir together the pie filling, condensed milk, pineapple and cool whip.
- Step 2 – Mix in Marshmallows – Then fold in the mini marshmallows.
- Step 3 – Refrigerate – Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Prepare Ingredients – Before mixing in the crushed pineapple, make sure you drain the pineapple juice. This added liquid will make the dessert runny.
- Refrigerate – After combining the ingredients, make sure to refrigerate. It is best served after it has chilled for a few hours.
- Double the Recipe – Since we love this recipe so much, I like to double the recipe. We always have so much leftovers after the holidays, so I am always glad I made extra.
Variations and Substitutions:
- Cherry Cheesecake Fluff – If you love cheesecake, add in cream cheese and cheesecake flavored instant pudding for a delicious treat.
- Cherries – Mix in Maraschino Cherries and powdered sugar instead of cherry pie filling for a delicious variation.
- Nuts – Chopped nuts are a common ingredient that is added to this dessert salad. Chopped walnuts or chopped pecans are great options.
- Shredded Coconut – If you love coconut, add in some shredded coconut for added flavor and texture. This addition is a family favorite.
- Mix in other fruits – Feel free to mix in other fruits. We have added in a drained can of fruit cocktail and it looked and tasted delicious.
- Pie Filling – Feel free to use different pie fillings. Strawberry pie filling is a great option and you will still end up with a beautiful pink color.
- Cottage Cheese – For a delicious twist on this recipe, mix in a scoop of cottage cheese. It is added protein and gives the dessert salad the perfect texture.
How to Serve Cherry Fluff:
Once you have refrigerated this cherry fluff for a few hours, then it is ready to serve. You can scoop the dessert salad into bowls and serve with a spoon for a delicious option. We love to top with whipped cream and fresh cherries.
We have also served with some graham crackers or mini Oreos for dipping. If you have a graham cracker crust, scoop the Cherry Fluff mixture into the crust. Then refrigerate and cut into slices for a delicious cherry fluff pie.
How to Store:
Cherry Fluff Salad will stay fresh for up to 3 days. We recommend storing in an air tight container or covering with a plastic wrap.
We do not recommend freezing this salad as when it is thawing the texture will change.
Can you make ahead of time?
Yes, you can make this delicious cherry fluff salad ahead of time. We do recommend waiting to stir in the marshmallows until you about to serve. This allows the marshmallows to remain in tact in the mixture.
But if you prefer, you can mix everything together and the mixture will still be delicious. Prepare the salad no more than 24 hours before serving.
Print Recipe for Cherry Fluff Salad:
Cherry Fluff Salad
- 21 oz Cherry Pie Filling
- 14 oz Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 8 oz Whipped Topping Cool Whip
- 20 oz Crushed Pineapple drained
- 10 oz Mini Marshmallows
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the pie filling, condensed milk, pineapple and cool whip.
- Then fold in the mini marshmallows.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More Christmas Dessert Recipes:
- Chick-Fil-A Peppermint Milkshake Recipe
- Christmas Tree Ice Cream Recipe
- Christmas Fruit Salad
- Grinch Cake Pops Recipe