Bacon Wrapped Pork Loin is the perfect holiday recipe. This pork loin is rich and delicious and cooks perfectly with simple ingredients.
Get my Christmas Cookbook Bundle 75%
Bacon Wrapped Pork Loin Recipe:
The holidays bring out rich and hearty recipes and this pork loin recipe is one of them. This Bacon Wrapped Pork Loin is loaded with flavor and the bacon slices keeps the pork loin juicy. Top the pork loin with a ketchup based sauce for added flavor.
This fool proof recipe is sure to please your family. Simple ingredients make this recipe easy to make. We love bacon wrapped recipes because really anything is better with bacon.
Instead of roasting a turkey or cooking a ham, make these delicious pork loin recipe this holiday season. It is loaded with flavor and pairs perfectly with all your holiday side dishes.
Why Pork Loin with Bacon Wrapped?
Pork loin is rich and delicious just as it is. But when you wrap it in bacon it adds fat and flavor. Wrapping the pork loin in bacon strips locks in the moisture in these simple steps.
Making this main dish is a lot easier than cooking a turkey and you will still impress your family this flavor meal.
- Pork Loin Roast
- Brown Sugar
- Onion Powder
- Black Pepper
- Dried Oregano
- Garlic Powder
How to Make Bacon Wrapped Pork Loin:
- Step 1 – Heat Oven – Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Step 2 – Mix together sauce ingredients – In a small bowl stir together the ketchup, brown sugar, and onion powder. Mix in the oregano, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Step 3 – Brush sauce on pork tenderloin – Brush this sauce all over the pork loin.
- Step 4 – Wrap Pork Loin – Wrap the seasoned pork loin with the bacon slices making sure that each slice overlaps the previous slice.
- Step 5 – Secure Bacon – Secure the bacon to the pork loin roast with toothpicks.
- Step 6 – Place Pork loin in Pan – Place the roast on a rack in a roasting pan.
- Step 7 – Roast Pork Loin – Cook for 60-70 minutes until the pork reaches an internal temperature of 145 degrees F.
- Step 8 – Remove Pan – Remove the pan from the oven. Cover the pan with foil and let the pork rest for 20-30 minutes.
- Step 9 – Broil Bacon – If the bacon is not fully browned, broil for 2-3 minutes rotating the pork loin halfway through the cook time.
- Step 10 – Serve and Enjoy – Allow the pork to rest for 5-10 minutes. Then the pork is ready to slice, serve and enjoy.
How to know when Pork Loin is Cooked:
To check the internal temperature of the bacon wrapped pork tenderloin is to use a thermometer. Insert the meat thermometer into the pork loin. The temperature should read at least 145 degrees.
Using a meat thermometer is a better option than slicing into the pork loin. If you slice it then it will release the juices before serving.
How Long to Cook Pork Loin Wrapped in Bacon:
After preparing your pork loin by basting it with the ketchup base sauce. Then wrapping with bacon, then place in a baking dish. Bake the pork loin for about an hour.
Then check the pork loin with the meat thermometer to make sure it is done before removing from the oven. We like to broil the pork loin after making it to crisp up the bacon.
What to Serve with Bacon Wrapped Pork Loin:
- Christmas Potato Recipe – These potato recipes are a great option to serve with this delicious recipe. Mashed potato, baked potato or roasted potatoes are great options.
- Crock Pot Green Beans and Potatoes – Crock pot green beans and potatoes recipe is a delicious southern style side dish that is loaded with flavor. Green beans and potatoes are cooked tender in the slow cooker and seasoned with simple ingredients.
- Asparagus Casserole Recipe – This is easy casserole asparagus recipe is one of our favorite side dish to make for our Christmas dinner. We always make the classic green bean casserole, but cheesy asparagus casserole is now on the menu as well.
- Cooking Pork Loin – Make sure to use a meat thermometer to check to make sure the pork loin is done. Pork tenderloin tends to dry out so it is important to not overcook it.
- Rest – After cooking the bacon wrapped pork loin, make sure to allow it to rest before slicing in to it. It gives time for the juices to really marinate into the pork. If you cut it to early all the juices will just run on your plate. We recommend to allowing to rest for about 15 minutes to 20 minutes.
- Adding Bacon – When wrapping the pork loin in bacon, make sure the bacon strips overlaps each other. Securing with a toothpicks keeps the bacon tightly close to the pork loin.
- Make Ahead – You can easily prepare this pork loin ahead of time by seasoning and wrapping in bacon. Then place in the fridge until you are ready to bake.
Variations for Bacon Wrapped Pork Loin:
- Seasoning – Feel free to change the seasoning to what you prefer. Dijon mustard is a great option to the sauce ingredients.
- Bacon – You can really use any type of bacon. You can even use turkey bacon to wrap the pork loin. We like using the regular cut bacon to wrap the pork loin.
- Sauce – We love the ketchup base sauce that you mix with the seasoning. Feel free to change the sauce to a BBQ base sauce.
How to Store Leftovers:
Store your leftovers in the refrigerator for about 4 days in an air tight container. This would be great option to store in individual containers for lunch the next day.
How to Freeze Pork Loin:
Store the leftovers in a freezer safe container wrapped in plastic wrap. If stored properly, the pork loin will last about 3 months. When ready to serve, allow to thaw overnight in the fridge.
Print Recipe for Bacon Wrapped Pork Loin:
Bacon Wrapped Pork Loin
- 3 pounds pork loin roast
- 16 Slices Bacon
- 1/4 cup Ketchup
- 1 Tablespoon Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small mixing bowl stir together the ketchup, brown sugar, onion powder, pepper, oregano, garlic powder and salt.
- Brush this sauce all over the pork loin.
- Wrap the seasoned pork loin with the bacon slices making sure that each slice overlaps the previous slice.
- Secure the bacon to the pork loin roast with toothpicks.
- Place the roast on a rack in a roasting pan.
- Cook for 60-70 minutes until the pork reaches an internal temperature of 145 degrees F.
- Remove the pan from the oven. Cover the pan with foil and let the pork rest for 20-30 minutes.
- If the bacon is not fully browned, broil for 2-3 minutes rotating the pork loin halfway through the cook time.
- Allow the pork to rest for 5-10 minutes. Then the pork is ready to slice, serve and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe