Change up Christmas dinner menu and make Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf. The meatloaf is wrapped in bacon and topped with a tangy ketchup mixture.
Get my Christmas Cookbook Bundle 75%
Delicious Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf Recipe:
Our Christmas dinner usually consist of roasted turkey and a honey glazed ham. But this year we decided to mix things up with this Delicious Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf. The meatloaf comes out so moist and cooks perfectly with easy ingredients.
We love a good meatloaf recipe. But adding bacon and the tangy ketchup mixture takes your classic meatloaf to the next level. The simple seasoning to this meatloaf recipe is flavor and combines simple ingredients.
If you are looking to change up your holiday meal, make this bacon wrapped meatloaf recipe. Add a side of mashed potatoes and carrots for a complete meal idea. This meatloaf will become your new Christmas dinner tradition. It is the perfect comfort food.
- Ground Beef
- Slices Bacon
- Yellow Onion finely diced
- Worcestershire sauce
- Minced Garlic
For the Topping:
- Brown Sugar
How to Make Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf:
- Step 1 – Heat Oven – Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Step 2 – Line pan with bacon – Line a 9X5 loaf pan with the slices of the bacon. Making sure that they overlap and that the ends hang out of the loaf pan.
- Step 3 – Combine the Meatloaf ingredients – In a small bowl, stir together the ground beef, bread crumbs, onion, and eggs. Then add in Worcestershire sauce, garlic, salt and pepper. Mix just until the ingredients are combined.
- Step 4 – Mix the Topping Ingredients – In a separate bowl, stir together the topping ingredients.
- Step 5 – Top the Ketchup mixture on bacon. Spread approximately ⅓ of the topping mixture on top of the bacon in the loaf pan.
- Step 6 – Press ground beef mixture in pan. Then press the ground beef mixture into the loaf pan on top of the ketchup mixture.
- Step 7 – Wrap the bacon around the meat – Fill the pan with the meatloaf mixture. Then wrap the ends of the bacon over the bottom of the formed loaf.
- Step 8 – Place on backing sheet – Flip the loaf pan onto a baking sheet lined with either foil or parchment paper. Make sure that the strips of bacon are tight around the meatloaf.
- Step 9 – Top with Ketchup Mixture – Top the meatloaf with the remaining ketchup topping mixture.
- Step 10 – Bake Meatloaf – Bake the meatloaf for 60-70 minutes. Bake until the meat has reached an internal temperature of 165 degrees F and the bacon is crispy.
- Step 11 – Rest Meatloaf – Remove from the oven and let the loaf set for 10-15 minutes.
- Step 12 – Serve and Enjoy – Then slice, serve and enjoy.
How Long to Cook Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf:
Bacon wrapped meatloaf does not take long to cook. Which makes it the perfect holiday meal. Baking cooking meatloaf takes about one hour to cook in the oven.
Make sure to use a meat thermometer to ensure your meatloaf is cook thorough. Your meat thermometer should read 165 degrees when meat is fully cooked.
What is the Secret to Moist Meatloaf?
The secret to keeping the meatloaf moist is the ingredients that we add to the meatloaf. Adding the eggs, Worcestershire Sauce and Ketchup keeps the meatloaf moist.
These key ingredients are not only for flavor and texture they keep the meat mixture moist.
Tips for Meatloaf Wrapped in Bacon:
- Bacon Slices – Make sure when adding the bacon strips that the overlap and hang over the side of the loaf pan. This allows you to wrap the meatloaf tightly and locks in the flavor.
- Mixing Ingredients – When combining the meatloaf ingredients add everything to a large bowl and mix until everything is combined.
- Ketchup Mixture – For added flavor, we like to add the ketchup mixture before adding in the meat mixture.
- Tightly Wrap Loaf – Make sure the bacon stay tightly wrapped around the meatloaf when placing on the baking sheet. This helps to lock in flavor and keeping the meatloaf moist.
- Meat Thermometer – We recommend using a meat thermometer to make sure the meat loaf is cooked thoroughly. The thermometer should read 160 degrees to 165 degrees.
- Aluminum Foil – If you find that the bacon is burning, you can cover the meatloaf with aluminum foil. Cover the meatloaf until the it is cooked.
What to Serve with Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf:
- Mac and Cheese – We love making a classic mac and cheese recipe when we serve this meatloaf. It is the perfect combination as it is creamy and delicious.
- Mashed Potatoes – Mashed Potatoes and meatloaf just go together. This mashed potatoes recipe can be made in the slow cooker. This is a quick and easy way to make a family favorite side dish.
- Homemade Rolls – These homemade rolls are the perfect side with mashed potatoes and green beans. My kids will make meatloaf sandwiches with these rolls.
Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf Variations:
- Change the Meat – Instead of using ground beef mix in ground turkey or ground pork for added flavor.
- Bacon – You can use any type of bacon. We like using thin cut slices of bacon instead of thick bacon. Feel free to use different flavors of bacon.
- Cheese – If you love cheese add in some shredded American or Mozzarella Cheese.
- Seasoning – We used simple seasoning in this recipe. You can use what you have or you can even add in a packet of the meatloaf seasoning.
- Bread Crumbs – If you do not have any bread crumbs you can dice up some old bread. Then mix into the meatloaf mixture.
How to Store Leftovers:
Store any leftovers in an air tight container. If stored properly it will last about 5 days. During the holidays there is always so much leftover, so I like to send leftovers home with family.
Place in individual containers with a side of mashed potatoes and carrots for a complete meal the next day.
Print Recipe here Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf:
Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf
- 2 pounds Ground Beef
- 12 Slices Bacon
- 1/2 cup Breadcrumbs
- 1/2 Yellow Onion finely diced
- 2 large Eggs
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons Minced Garlic
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Pepper
FOR THE TOPPING:
- 1 cup Ketchup
- 3 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Paprika
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a 9X5 loaf pan with the slices of the bacon making sure that they overlap and that the ends hang out of the loaf pan.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together the ground beef, bread crumbs, onion, eggs, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, salt and pepper. Mix just until the ingredients are combined.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the topping ingredients.
- Spread approximately ⅓ of the topping mixture on top of the bacon in the loaf pan.
- Then press the ground beef mixture into the loaf pan on top of the ketchup mixture.
- Fill the pan and then warp the ends of the bacon over the bottom of the formed loaf.
- Flip the loaf pan onto a baking sheet lined with either foil or parchment paper. Make sure that the strips of bacon are tight around the meatloaf.
- Top the meatloaf with the remaining ketchup topping mixture.
- Bake for 60-70 minutes until the meat has reached an internal temperature of 165 degrees F and the bacon is crispy.
- Remove from the oven and let the loaf set for 10-15 minutes.
- Then slice, serve and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More Christmas Dinner Recipes:
- Broccoli Rice Casserole Recipe
- Bacon Wrapped Pork Loin
- Slow Cooker Chuck Roast
- Cracker Barrel Hashbrown Casserole Recipe
- Crock Pot Christmas Recipes