Green Beans and Potatoes Crock Pot Recipe is the perfect side dish to serve with all your holiday meals. Easy to make with simple ingredients.
Crock Pot Potatoes and Green Beans Recipe:
Crock pot green beans and potatoes recipe is a delicious southern style side dish that is loaded with flavor. Green beans and potatoes are cooked tender in the slow cooker and seasoned with simple ingredients.
Crock pot side dish recipes saves me so much time especially during the holidays. It saves oven space and I can let the slow cooker do all the work. Slow cooker recipes is the perfect way to enjoy your holiday dinner without a lot of work.
The combination of the green beans and potatoes go together perfectly. Add in the bacon and seasoning to make a crowd pleasing side dish.
See more Christmas Crock pot recipes.
- Fresh Green Beans washed and the ends trimmed
- Baby Red Potatoes quartered
- White Onion sliced
- Bacon Cooked and diced
- Minced Garlic
- Chicken Broth
How to Cook Green Beans and Potatoes in Crock Pot:
- Step 1 – Add ingredients – Add all the ingredients to a crock pot and stir to combine.
- Step 2 – Slow Cook Green Beans and Potatoes – Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or on low for 5-7 hours until the potatoes are tender.
- Step 3 – Serve & Enjoy – Serve warm with a slotted spoon and enjoy.
How to Prepare Green Beans:
To prepare your green beans to cook in the slow cooker, we like to make sure they are washed and trimmed.
- Wash Green Beans in a colander.
- Place about 10 green beans on a cutting board and line the ends up.
- Cut the ends off the green beans with a sharp knife. The ends do not have to be perfect. Just make sure you remove any damaged ends.
- Continue cutting the remainder green beans and then place in the slow cooker.
- Prepare Vegetables – When preparing to cook this side dish, cut the green beans and potatoes. We recommend cutting the potatoes about the same size so they cook evenly in the slow cooker.
- Green Beans Texture – If you prefer to have a softer green beans, cook them a little longer in the slow cooker.
- Frozen Green Beans – There is no need to thaw frozen green beans before placing in the slow cooker. The green beans will thaw and cook with the other ingredients.
- Combining the Ingredients – There is no need to use a separate mixing bowl to combine the ingredients. I just add everything to the slow cooker and mix together once in the slow cooker.
- Cook Time – Cook time will vary depending on how tender you want the potatoes and green beans.
Substitutions and Additions:
- Change Potatoes – You can use Yellow Gold Potatoes or New Potatoes instead of the Red potatoes in this recipe.
- Green Bean Variation – Frozen green beans or canned green beans can be used instead of fresh.
- Change the Meat – We used chopped bacon in this recipe. But you can easily use diced ham or add in some bacon grease with the broth. If you have a ham hock leftover, add it to this side dish. It will give the vegetables so much flavor.
- Add in Vegetables – You can easily add in other vegetables to this recipe. Mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, or slice squash would be a delicious addition to this side dish.
- Chopped Nuts – Just before serving, add a crunchy topping to the green beans and potatoes. Chopped walnuts or slice almonds would a delicious option.
- Seasoning – We used simple seasoning to this recipe, but you can easily change it to what you prefer. For some extra spice, feel free to add in red pepper flakes.
What to Serve with Green Beans and Potatoes:
This green beans and potatoes crock pot recipe is perfect to serve during the holidays, but we serve it throughout the year. It is budget friendly and you can serve with many different main dishes.
These are some of our favorites.
- Slow Cooker Chuck Roast – Make this side dish if you are making a roast. It is an easy side and everything cooks in the slow cooker. Roast is the perfect holiday meal but we also make it as a Sunday night dinner.
- Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf – If you are looking for a way to get your kids to eat meatloaf, wrap it in bacon. The bacon locks in the moisture and adds so much flavor.
- Roasted Turkey – Make this roasted turkey breast for a delicious way to cook your holiday turkey. Green beans and potatoes pair perfectly with your holiday turkey or ham.
Easy Crockpot Green Beans and Potatoes Recipe:
If you are looking for an easy side dish to serve this holiday, make this easy crock pot recipe. It is loaded with flavor and budget friendly. The slow cooker does all the work, so you can have more time with other recipes.
How to Store Leftover and Reheat:
We always have so much leftover after our holiday meal. This slow cooker green beans and potatoes store great in the fridge. Place in an air tight container and they will last about 5 days.
When you are ready to reheat, place in a microwave safe container and reheat. You can also reheat on the stove top in a sauce pan.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Yes, you can use frozen green beans in this recipe. There is no need to thaw them before adding to the slow cooker.
Canned green beans works great in this recipe. I recommend draining the greens beans and rinsing them. Then add them to the slow cooker for a delicious side dish.
Print Recipe here for Crock Pot Green Beans and Potatoes:
Crock pot Green Beans and Potatoes
- 2 pounds Fresh Green Beans washed and the ends trimmed
- 1 pound Baby Red Potatoes quartered
- 1/2 White Onion sliced
- 6 Slices Bacon Cooked and diced
- 2 teaspoons Minced Garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Pepper
- 3 cups Chicken Broth
- Add all the ingredients to a crock pot and stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or on low for 5-7 hours until the potatoes are tender.
- Serve warm with a slotted spoon and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More Crock Pot Christmas Recipes:
- Instant Pot Green Bean Casserole
- Crock Pot Au Gratin Recipe
- Cornbread Sausage Stuffing Recipe
- Crock pot Collard Greens