2 Ingredient Chocolate Bark is the perfect holiday dessert. This chocolate bark can be decorated for a fun and festive Christmas treat.
Get my Christmas Cookbook Bundle 75%
Chocolate and white chocolate bark is the perfect holiday dessert. Only requiring 2 ingredients makes this dessert budget friendly and easy to make. It would even be perfect for gift giving.
Holiday baking desserts is one of my favorite things to do with my kids during the holidays. We love this dessert as no baking is required which saves oven space for the rest of my desserts. If you love bark try any of our Christmas Bark Recipes.
Table of Contents
Why This Recipe Works
This easy chocolate bark recipe tastes amazing that is easy to make. Anyone can make this holiday dessert and is loved by everyone. Serve on your dessert trays or wrap up as a gift.
- Semi-sweet Chocolate Chips
- White Chocolate Chips
Scroll to the bottom of the post for the full list of ingredients and recipe.
- Switch Chocolate Layer – Pour the white melted chocolate into baking sheet and swirl the milk chocolate for another fun option.
- Peppermint – Crush some peppermint candy and top on the bark before placing in the fridge. This gives the perfect mint flavor and makes a delicious peppermint bark.
- Candy – You can top the melted bark with any type of crushed candy for a delicious option. Dark chocolate bars is also a great recommendation. Toffee bits are also a great addition to this homemade chocolate bark.
- Chopping Nuts – If you love nuts as much as my family it would be a great addition to these bark. You can even do half the chocolate bark with nuts if you do not want to do the entire bark.
- Sprinkles – Top the chocolate bark red and green sprinkles on the top for the perfect holiday treat. You can also use red and white sprinkles for Valentine’s Day.
- Sea Salt – For a sweet and salty treat, top the melted chocolate bark with sea salt. I love the combination.
- Dried Fruit – Add your favorite dried fruit on the chocolate bark. Dried cranberries, cherries, apricots, and raisins are a great addition for another fun and festive Christmas treat.
How to Make Chocolate Bark
- Step 1 – Prepare Baking Sheet – Line a large baking sheet with foil or parchment paper.
Step 2 – Melt Chocolate Chips – Melt the chocolate chips by placing them in a microwave safe dish. Heat in the microwave using 20 second intervals, stirring between each interval until chips are completely melted.
Step 3 – Melt White Chocolate Chips – Follow the same process with the white chocolate chips.
Step 4 – Pour melted chocolate – Pour the chocolate onto the baking sheet and use a offset spatula to spread the chocolate out as evenly as possible.
Step 5 – Drizzle with white chocolate – Then drizzle the white chocolate on top of the chocolate layer.
Step 6 – Swirl with fork – Use a fork to swirl the white chocolate into the chocolate on the baking sheet.
Step 7 – Refrigerate Bark – Place the bark in the refrigerator for 30-60 minutes to hardened. Remove the bark from the refrigerator and break into pieces to serve.
2 Ingredient Chocolate Bark can easily transform into an amazing dessert option. There are so many different things that can be added to add color and flavor to chocolate bark. Here are some of our favorites:
- Dried Fruits and Nuts – Walnuts, Cashews, Almonds, Pecans, Pistachios
- Crushed Oreo
- Melting Chocolate – Do not overcook the melted chocolate in the microwave. We recommend melting the chocolate in 30 seconds intervals and stir. This helps to melt the chocolate slowly.
- Double Boiler – You can also use a double boiler with simmering water to melt the chocolate instead of using the microwave.
- Quality Chocolate – For best results we recommend using quality chocolate when making this dessert. We have used almond bark to make this recipe and it turned out perfectly.
- Breaking Chocolate – We usually break the chocolate with our hands. But if it is to hard you can use a wooden spoon.
- Baking Sheet – Line the baking sheet with parchment paper so the chocolate doesn’t stick to the baking sheet.
- Swirling Chocolate – Be careful when swirling chocolates. You don’t want to swirl them too much or they will completely mix together and you will lose the swirled look.
Can you Freeze Chocolate Bark?
Yes, you can freeze easy white chocolate bark recipe. If you want to freeze chocolate bark, allow it to harden after making.
Then wrap chocolate bark in plastic wrap and place in a air tight freezer container. When you are ready to serve, thaw in the refrigerator
Can Chocolate Bark be made ahead of time?
Yes, this is the perfect dessert to be made ahead of time. Not only is the recipe easy to make, but it is great to prepare ahead of all of your holiday baking.
This chocolate bark is the perfect dessert to be given as holiday gift. Wrap up in a plastic wrap and tie a bow around it. This chocolate bark would also be great to put on a dessert charcuterie board.
Frequently Asked Questions
Store chocolate bark in an air tight container in the fridge. We like to enjoy it cold, but you can also remove from fridge a few minutes before serving. This allows the chocolate to get to room temperature.
Chocolate bark will last about 2 weeks if stored properly in the fridge.
More Easy Chocolate Desserts:
- Santa Hat Brownies
- Oreo Snowman Cookies
- No Bake Nutella Pie
- Crockpot Christmas Candy
- Santa Hat Cupcakes
- Grinch Oreo Balls
We are so excited for you to try this 2 Ingredient Chocolate Bar Recipe. Please leave us a comment or a star review.
2 Ingredient Chocolate Bark
- 12 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 6 oz white chocolate chips
- Line a large baking sheet with foil or parchment paper.
- Melt the chocolate chips by placing them in a microwave safe dish. Heat in the microwave using 20 second intervals, stirring between each interval until chips are completely melted.
- Follow the same process with the white chocolate chips.
- Pour the chocolate onto the baking sheet and use a spatula to spread the chocolate out as evenly as possible.
- Then drizzle the white chocolate on top of the chocolate layer.
- Use a fork to swirl the white chocolate into the chocolate on the baking sheet.
- Place the bark in the refrigerator for 30-60 minutes to hardened.
- Remove the bark from the refrigerator and break into pieces to serve.
- Enjoy and refrigerator any remaining pieces.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe