These Christmas Pancakes makes the perfect Christmas breakfast. The red and green sprinkles make these pancakes so fun and festive.
Easy Christmas Pancakes Recipe:
If you are looking for a fun and festive pancake recipe, make these Christmas Pancakes. The kids will love the red and green sprinkles and the made from scratch pancake batter.
These fluffy pancake are always a family favorite. The ingredients are simple and can easily be changed and topped many different ways. If you have love making gingerbread pancakes or snowman pancakes then you are going to love these.
These pancakes would even be perfect for Santa and his reindeer. Makes this pancake mix this Christmas morning breakfast or for brunch. You can even change the sprinkles for whatever holiday you are celebrating.
- All Purpose Flour
- Baking Powder
- Large Egg beaten
- Vegetable Oil
- Vanilla Extract
- Christmas Sprinkles
- Whipped Cream (for serving)
How to Make Christmas Pancakes:
- Step 1 – Mix ingredients in a large bowl – In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour and baking powder. Add in salt and sugar until combined. Then stir in the milk, egg, vegetable oil and vanilla.
- Step 2 – Mix in Sprinkles – Mix until just combined. The batter will be lumpy. Fold in the Christmas sprinkles. Then let the batter rest for approximately 5 minutes.
- Step 3 – Heat skillet over medium heat – Heat a skillet, frying pan or griddle over medium high heat. Spray the pan with a non-stick cooking spray.
- Step 4 – Pour Batter – Pour the batter into the pan in approximately ¼ cup measurements. Gently spread the batter out some.
- Step 5 – Cook Pancakes – Cook for 3-4 minutes until you see bubbles start to form. The bubbles will burst on top of the batter.
- Step 6 – Flip Pancakes – Flip and cook the opposite side until golden brown. Remove the pancake from the skillet to a plate. Continue this process until all the batter is used.
- Step 7 – Serve and Enjoy – Serve topped with whipped cream and extra Christmas sprinkles. Enjoy!
Christmas Pancake Toppings:
These Christmas Pancakes are a great Christmas morning breakfast ideas. We love to setup a pancake bar to everyone can create their perfect pancake.
- Maple Syrup – We love the classic taste of a maple syrup. You have not purchased real maple syrup, I recommend serving it with these pancakes.
- Butter – These pancakes are perfect served with melted butter.
- Chocolate Chips – Top with chocolate chips for delicious chocolate flavor.
- Whipped Topping – Top these pancakes with whipped topping for a delicious addition to these Christmas pancakes.
- Fresh Fruit – You can add more slice bananas or other fresh fruit such as strawberries or blueberries.
- Powdered Sugar – Sprinkle the top with powdered with a side of fruit.
- Skillet – Prepare the skillet by preheating to medium heat and spraying with cooking spray. This prevents the pancake batter from sticking to the pan.
- Mixing Ingredients – Mix the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients in a large bowl until combined.
- Flipping Pancakes – Once bubbles form start appearing on the top of the pancake, then it is ready to flip. It usually takes about 3-4 minutes before it is ready to flip. It will depend on your skillet how long it takes.
- Serving – I like to make all the pancake batter before serving. This way we can eat as a family. Place the finished pancakes on a platter until all the batter is made. You can place in the oven while you are cooking all the pancake batter.
Variations for Christmas Pancakes:
- Cinnamon Roll Pancakes – Feel free to add in cinnamon to this pancake recipe. Top the pancake with a delicious cream cheese glaze. It will be like eating a cinnamon roll.
- Milk – You can easily use different types of milk. It may change the texture if you use a dairy free milk or a nut milk. But it will still be delicious.
- Sugars – We used white sugar, but you can use different types of sweetened. Choose from brown sugar, maple syrup or honey for a healthier option.
- Nuts – This pancake recipe would be great with nuts added. The sweet and salty combination is delicious.
Can I Make this Batter ahead of Time?
Yes, you can prepare this batter ahead of time. You can mix together the batter the night before serving and cover with a plastic wrap. Store the pancake batter in the fridge until ready to make.
Another way to to prepare these ahead of time is to go ahead and cook the pancakes. Store the pancakes in the freezer or in an airtight container. Then you can reheat for a quick Christmas morning breakfast.
What to Serve with Christmas Pancakes?
These pancakes are great served as it, but we like to complete with some of our favorite sides. Here are some of our favorites.
- Turkey Bacon
Can I freeze Christmas Pancakes?
Yes, you can freeze Christmas Pancakes. This is the perfect way to prepare these pancakes ahead of time. Prepare and cook the pancakes as the recipe indicates. Cool the pancakes to prepare to store in the freezer.
Place the pancake in a single layer on a baking sheet. Place in the freezer for about an hour to flash freeze them. Store them in a freezer safe container or zip lock freezer bag.
This way you can reheat the amount your need. You can place in the microwave for about 15 seconds. Then serve with your favorite toppings.
How to Store Leftovers:
Refrigerate the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Print Recipe for Christmas Pancakes:
- 1 ½ cup All Purpose Flour
- 3 teaspoons Baking Powder
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 2 Tablespoons Sugar
- 1 ½ cup Milk
- 1 Egg beaten
- 3 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup Christmas Sprinkles
- Whipped Cream for serving
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar until combined. Then stir in the milk, egg, vegetable oil and vanilla. Mix until just combined. The batter will be lumpy.
- Fold in the Christmas sprinkles. Then let the batter rest for approximately 5 minutes.
- Heat a skillet or griddle over medium high heat and spray the pan with a non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour the batter into the pan in approximately ¼ cup measurements. Gently spread the batter out some.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes until you see bubbles start to form and burst on top of the batter. Flip and cook the opposite side until golden brown. Remove the pancake from the skillet to a plate. Continue this process until all the batter is used.
- Serve topped with whipped cream and extra Christmas sprinkles.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More Christmas Morning Breakfast Ideas:
- Grinch Pancakes
- Gingerbread Pancakes
- Reindeer Pancakes
- Grinch Cinnamon Rolls
- Crock Pot French Toast Recipe