You are going to love these soft and chewy Oreo Cheesecake Cookies. Loaded with crushed Oreos and cheesecake flavor makes these the best cookies.
Get my Christmas Cookbook Bundle 75%
Easy Oreo Cheesecake Cookie Recipe:
We love making our favorite holiday cookies during the Christmas season. These Oreo Cheesecake are made soft, chewy and loaded with Oreos chunks. You do not need many ingredients to make this delicious cookie recipe. Which makes them budget friendly.
The ingredients mixed together in one mixing bowl and then Oreo cookie dough balls are scoop and baked. You will be surprised how easy this cookie is to prepare. If you love cheesecake, then these cookies are a must.
Not only are these cookies perfect to make for the holidays. But my kids love when I make them for their school lunches. Grab the ingredients the next time you are at the store to make for your holiday cookie trays.
- Cream Cheese, softened
- Salted Butter, softened
- White Sugar
- Vanilla Extract
- All Purpose Flour
- Oreo Cookies coarsely chopped
How to Make Oreo Cheesecake Cookies:
- Step 1 – Beat butter and cream cheese – Beat together the cream cheese and butter. Mix on medium speed with a electric hand mixer or bowl of a stand mixer until light and fluffy.
- Step 2 – Mix in Granulated Sugar and Vanilla – Add in the sugar and teaspoon vanilla extract. Then beat butter and sugars until mixed together (just 1-2 minutes).
- Step 3 – Add in Flour – Next, turn the speed on the electric mixer down to low. Then gradually add in the flour until just combined (do not over mix).
- Step 4 – Fold in Oreo Cookies – Hand stir in the chopped Oreo cookies.
- Step 5 – Refrigerate – Cover the bowl and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes (or up to 2 hours).
- Step 6 – Heat Oven – Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Step 7 – Prepare Cookie Dough – Place the cookie dough in 2 tablespoon size balls onto a baking sheet. Gently press down each cookie as they will not spread when they bake.
- Step 8 – Bake Cookies – Bake for 10-11 minutes until the edges of the cookies are lightly golden brown. The cookies will still be soft.
- Step 9 – Rest Cookies – Let the cookies sit on the baking sheet for 10 minutes to fully set.
- Step 10 – Place on Cooling Rack – Then move them to a wire rack to cool completely. Enjoy!
Tips for The Best Oreo Cheesecake Cookies:
- Room Temperature – Make sure before mixing cream cheese and butter that they have come to room temperature. This allows for the ingredients to mix well together with a soft and creamy texture.
- Cookie Scoops – We recommend using a cook scoop to make the cookie dough balls. This allows for the dough balls to be about the same size.
- Mix Ingredients – Do not overmix the ingredients. You want them to be combined but not overmix. This allows for a soft and chewy texture when the mix is not overmixed.
- Baking Cookies – We recommend baking the cookies on a baking pan covered with parchment paper. We have even baked on a silicone mats.
- Crushing Oreos – We like to crush the Oreos with a rolling pin in a zip lock bag. This allows for the Oreos to be chopped and not crushed completely.
- Rest Cookies – After baking the cookies allow the cookies to rest for 12-15 minutes before removing from the baking sheet.
- Add Ins – These cookies would be delicious with white chocolate chips or milk chocolate chips. This gives this cookie so much chocolate flavor.
- Topping Cookie – When you are about to serve these cookies, feel free to serve with dusted powdered sugar.
- Change Oreos – We used regular Oreos in this recipe, but feel free to use different flavors of Oreos. Make them with peanut butter Oreos for delicious flavor.
Can you Freeze these Cookies?
Oreo lovers will love this cookie recipe. We love making these cookies ahead of time to easily freeze them to enjoy for several months.
You can easily freezer these cookies in 2 options.
- Freeze the cookie dough prior to baking. With this option, form the dough balls and flash freeze on a lined baking sheet. Then place them inside a freezer container up to 3 months.
- Once ready to enjoy, bake the cookies as the recipe card indicates. But allow a few extra minutes if still frozen when baking.
- Another options is to freeze the cookies once they are already baked. I suggest placing wax paper in between the layers so they don’t stick to each other. Make sure to use a freezer container or bag.
How to Store Leftovers:
Store any leftover cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days. You can place a piece of bread in the container with the cookies to keep them soft.
I like to place a holiday cookie jar out for the Christmas Season. It is always full of these delicious Oreo Cheesecake Cookies.
Print Recipe for Oreo Cheesecake Cookies:
Oreo Cheesecake Cookies
- 4 oz Cream Cheese softened
- 1/2 cup Salted Butter softened
- 3/4 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour
- 15 Oreo Cookies coarsely chopped
- Beat together the cream cheese and butter with a hand held or stand up mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add in the sugar and vanilla extract and beat until incorporated (just 1-2 minutes).
- Next, turn the speed on the mixer down to low and gradually add in the flour until just combined (do not over mix).
- Hand stir in the chopped Oreo cookies.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes (or up to 2 hours).
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the cookie dough in 2 Tbsp size balls onto a baking sheet and gently press down each cookie as they will not spread when they bake.
- Bake for 10-11 minutes until the edges of the cookies are lightly golden brown. The cookies will still be soft.
- Let the cookies sit on the baking sheet for 10 minutes to fully set.
- Then move them to a wire rack to cool completely. Enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More Easy Cookie Recipes:
- Melted Snowman Cookie Recipe
- Oreo Snowman Cookie Recipe
- Christmas Light Cookies
- Christmas No Bake Cookies Recipe