Oreo Brownies are thick, fudgy and loaded with layers of Oreos. These brownies are made easily with simple ingredients and full of chocolate flavor.
Get my Christmas Cookbook Bundle 75%
Easy Oreo Brownies Recipe:
Your family is going to love these brownies with Oreos recipe. These brownies will be perfect served with your Christmas dinner as they are easy to make. Layers of brownie mix and Oreos makes these fudgy brownies a hit.
We love making a classic brownies, but adding in Oreos takes your brownies to the next level. They are rich, decadent and add a delicious texture that your family will go crazy about.
If you are looking to impress your family and friends this holiday, make this delicious brownie recipe. The combination of the brownie mix and Oreos makes this brownie so unique.
What are Oreo Brownies?
Cookie Oreo brownie is a chocolate lovers dream. A classic brownie mix is layered in a baking dish with Oreos on top. It is even then topped with more crushed Oreos and chocolate chips.
Oreo Brownies are thick, fudgy and full of chocolate flavor.
- Brown Sugar
- Cocoa Powder
- All Purpose Flour
- Baking Powder
- Butter Melted
- Vanilla Extract
- Chocolate Chips
How to Make Oreo Brownies:
- Step 1 – Heat Oven – Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Step 2 – Prepare Baking Dish – Line an 8X8 baking pan with parchment paper or foil (line the sides as well).
- Step 3 – Mix Wet Ingredients – In a large mixing bowl, whisk the butter, eggs, sugar and vanilla extract. Mix the ingredients until they are well combined.
- Step 4 – Stir in Dry Ingredients – Slowly stir in the cocoa powder, flour, salt and baking powder. Mix these ingredients in by hand and be careful not to over mix these ingredients.
- Step 5 – Mix in Chocolate Chips – Next fold in the 1 cup chocolate chips.
- Step 6 – Add Brownie Layer – Spread half of the brownie batter into the baking dish.
- Step 7 – Top with Oreos – Then layer 16 Oreos on top of the brownie batter in the pan.
- Step 8 – Add remaining batter – Pour the remaining batter over the Oreos in the pan.
- Step 9 – Top with Crushed Oreos and Chocolate Chip. – Crush up the remaining Oreos and spread them out on top of the final layer of brownie batter. Then sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips on top too.
- Step 10 – Bake Brownies – Bake for 35-40 minutes until a toothpick insert into the brownies comes out clean.
- Step 11 – Cool Brownies – Allow for the brownies to cool in the pan on a wire rack.
- Step 12 – Cut, serve and enjoy – Cut and enjoy.
- Baking Dish – Line baking pan with parchment paper. We recommend having extra to hang over the size. This allows you to easily remove the entire brownie from the pan to cut and serve.
- Combining the Ingredients – When combining the ingredients do not over mix. You want to mix the brownies until they are combined.
- Baking Brownies – When baking the brownie you want to make sure they do not over back. The moist crumbs will finish baking once they have been removed from the oven and are cooling.
- Room Temperature Ingredients – We recommend when combining ingredients that you use room temperature ingredients.
- Serving – We love to make these and even double the recipe to serve on dessert trays or for holiday cookie exchanges.
- Cooking Time – Cooking time will vary but these brownies will be done in about 30 minutes to 35 minutes.
- Cool Completely – Before cutting the brownies, we recommend that they have cooled completely. We like to remove the brownies from the pan to cut them.
Substitutions and Additions:
- Make Slutty Brownies – You can easily make slutty brownies by adding chocolate chips cookie doughs and cream cheese.
- Change the Oreos – There are many different Oreo options in the stores that you can use to make this delicious dessert. You can use mint Oreos, peanut butter Oreos, or Vanilla Oreos for a delicious variation.
- Chocolate Chips – We used semi sweet chocolate chips, but you can use milk chocolate chips or dark chocolate chips. You can even use a mini chocolate chips variation if you prefer.
- Candy – If you want more of a chocolate flavor add in some chopped candy bars. You can even chop up Reese’s Peanut Butter cups for the perfect chocolate peanut butter combination.
- Frosting – Add a buttercream frosting after the brownies are baked and then top with crushed Oreos and chocolate chips.
- Making Brownies – We made brownies from scratch but you can easily use a brownie mix to make the brownies.
How to Store:
These cakey brownies store well in an air tight container at room temperature. They will last about a week is stored properly.
Can you Freeze Oreo Brownies?
Yes, Oreo Brownies can be stored in the freezer. This makes it nice if you have leftovers from all your holiday baking. We like to store in individual containers so we can take what we want.
Simply wrap in plastic wrap and store in a zip lock bag or freeze container. If stored properly they will last about 2 months.
When you are ready to enjoy again, thaw at room temperature.
How to Cut Brownies:
If you want to know the trick to cutting clean brownies is to use a plastic knife and for the brownies to cool completely. The plastic knife works like a charm and you may need to clean up the brownie build up on the knife after each slice.
Serving Oreo Brownies:
We love making a Brownie Sundae when make these Oreo Brownies. Start by placing a brownie in a bowl, top with vanilla ice cream and drizzle with chocolate syrup.
Top the sundae with whipped cream and a cherry. These sundaes are great served for the holidays or a weeknight dessert. It is always a crowd favorite and a perfect way to serve our favorite brownies.
Print Recipe here for Oreo Brownies:
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 3/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 2/3 Cup Cocoa Powder
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 3 Large Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Butter Melted
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 Cup Chocolate Chips
- 24 Oreos
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line an 8X8 baking pan with parchment paper or foil (line the sides as well).
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the butter, eggs, sugar and vanilla extract until they are well combined.
- Slowly stir in the cocoa powder, flour, salt and baking powder. Mix these ingredients in by hand and be careful not to over mix these ingredients.
- Next fold in the 1 cup chocolate chips.
- Spread half of the brownie batter into the baking dish.
- Then layer 16 Oreos on top of the brownie batter in the pan.
- Pour the remaining batter over the Oreos in the pan.
- Crush up the remaining Oreos and spread them out on top of the final layer of brownie batter and sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips on top too.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until a toothpick insert into the brownies comes out clean.
- Allow for the brownies to cool in the pan on a wire rack.
- Cut and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe