Santa Hat Brownies is the perfect Christmas treats to make for a holiday party. These brownie bites are delicious and easy to make.
Get my Christmas Cookbook Bundle 75%
Santa Hat Brownie Bites:
This fun holiday dessert starts with a brownie mix. Then an easy homemade frosting is topped on the brownie with a strawberry to create brownie Santa hats. If you have a Christmas Party coming up, make this simple dessert.
We love baking and creating memories for the holidays and these Santa Hat Brownies always impress friends and family. The kids love helping top the brownie with the strawberry.
What are Santa Hat Brownies?
Santa Hat Brownies is created with brownie bites and topped with frosting. A strawberry is placed cut sized down to create a Santa Hat on top.
- Brownie Recipe Mix + Ingredients to prepare brownies based on the package
- Fresh Strawberries with the tops removed
- Unsalted Butter softened
- Powdered Sugar
- Vanilla Extract
How to Make Santa Hat Brownies:
- Step 1 – Prepare Brownie Bites – Prepare the brownie mix based on the package instructions. Instead of baking in a pan, bake brownie batter in a mini muffin tin to make brownie bites.
- Step 2 – Cool Brownies – Allow the brownie bites to cool completely at room temperature. I leave them in the mini muffin pan until ready to frost.
- Step 3 – Prepare Frosting – While the brownies are cooling, prepare the frosting. Beat the butter in a large mixing bowl until creamy.
- Step 4 – Add in powdered sugar, milk and vanilla – Next, add in the powdered sugar, milk and vanilla extract. Mix until combined and creamy.
- Step 5 – Add Frosting to Piping Bag – Place the frosting in a piping bag or you can use a ziplock bag.
- Step 6 – Swirl Frosting on Brownie – Swirl the frosting on top of each of the brownie bites. Then top it with a strawberry with a cut side down.
- Step 7 – Top with Strawberry – Then place a dollop of frosting on the top of each strawberry. This is to create a Santa hat.
- Step 8 – Serve – Refrigerate until ready to serve and enjoy!
How to Store Brownie Bites Santa Hats:
We recommend storing the Strawberry Santa Hat Brownie Bites in the refrigerator. Make sure to cover the strawberries and they will last about 2 days. The strawberries start to break down and causing the brownies to get soggy.
How Long will the last?
If stored in the refrigerator the brownie bites will last about 2 days.
Substitutions and Additions:
- White Chocolate – Melt white chocolate to top the brownie instead of making a frosting.
- Whipped Cream – Spread whipped topping on the brownie and top with a chocolate strawberry for a fun twist.
- Sprinkles – Add some white sprinkles to create a fun sparkling look on the Santa hat.
- Mini Marshmallow – Top the strawberry with a mini marshmallow but placing some frosting on top. Then place the mini marshmallow on top.
- Brownie Variation – You can buy mini brownie bites at the store and skip to the part to decorate the brownie bites.
- Make Homemade Brownies – Instead of making brownies from a box, combine simple ingredients to make homemade brownies.
- Frosting – You can make homemade frosting, but if you are short on time you can use store bought frosting.
Tips for Making Santa Hat Brownies:
- Pan – We like making brownie bites, but you can prepare this in a rectangle pan if you prefer. Make sure to spray the pan so the brownie bites can easily be removed.
- Serving – These Santa Hat Brownies are best served on the day your prepare them. You can prepare the brownies ahead of time and then decorate them on the day you are serving them.
- Cool Brownies – Before decorating the brownies, make sure they have cooled to room temperature.
- Strawberries – We recommend using fresh brownies to make this recipe. Clean and dry the brownies before placing on the brownies. This helps to keep the moisture releasing into the frosting.
- Piping Bag – To create a swirl frosting topping we recommend using a piping bag. But if you do not have a piping bag, you can use a zip lock bag. Easy cut a hole into the zip lock bag. Then you can easily pipe the frosting onto the brownies.
Print Recipe here for Santa Hat Brownies:
Santa Hat Brownies
- 1 Brownie Mix + Ingredients to prepare brownies based on the package ( + Ingredients to prepare brownies based on the package)
- 24 Fresh Strawberries with the tops removed
- 1 cup Unsalted Butter softened
- 6 cups Powdered Sugar
- ¼ cup Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Prepare the brownie mix based on the package instructions. Instead of baking in a pan, bake in a mini muffin pan to make brownie bites.
- Allow the brownie bites to cool completely at room temperature.
- While the brownies are cooling, prepare the frosting. Beat the butter in a large mixing bowl until creamy.
- Next, add in the powdered sugar, milk and vanilla extract. Mix until combined and creamy.
- Place the frosting in a piping bag or you can use a ziplock bag.
- Swirl the frosting on top of each of the brownie bites. Then top it with a strawberry with a cut side down.
- Then place a dollop of frosting on the top of each strawberry to create a santa hat
- Refrigerate until ready to serve and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe