Grinch Fudge is creamy, delicious and made into a fun green color with a red heart sprinkle. This is the perfect fudge to serve this Christmas season.
Get my Christmas Cookbook Bundle 75%
Easy Grinch Fudge Recipe:
We love making easy fudge recipes for the holiday season. Christmas fudge recipes are my favorite as they require simple ingredients and can be made in a variety of ways.
Grinch themed desserts are always fun to make because of the fun green color and the red hearts. My kids love making them for a Grinch movie night or to decorate the tree.
Make this fudge treats for all your holiday plans. This Grinch fudge is great for dessert trays or a Grinch themed party. You can even wrap it up to hand out as a gift.
Also try Christmas Coal Fudge.
- White Chocolate Chips
- Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Unsalted Butter (softened)
- Green Gel Food Coloring
- Red Candy Heart Sprinkles
How to Make Grinch Fudge:
- Step 1 – Prepare Baking Dish – Line an 8X8 square baking dish with foil or parchment paper.
- Step 2 – Add white chocolate chips to bowl – Place the white chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Step 3 – Melt Chocolate – Microwave the chips in 30 second intervals, stirring between each interval until they are melted.
- Step 4 – Stir Mixture – Stir in the condensed milk, butter and salt into hot chocolate.
- Step 5 – Add green food coloring – Add the neon green food coloring into the mixture. Continue adding until it reaches the color you desire.
- Step 6 – Pour into prepared baking dish – Pour the mixture into the pan. Slightly bang the pan on the countertop to even out the top layer of the fudge.
- Step 7 – Top with Sprinkles – Add the red heart sprinkles on top of the fudge. Make sure to spread them out evenly. So that there is one heart in each piece of fudge when they are cut. I put 16 hearts on the fudge (4 across and 4 down).
- Step 8 – Cool Fudge – Allow to cool at room temperature. Then place in the refrigerator to set (for approximately 1-2 hours).
- Step 9 – Serve and Enjoy – Cut and serve. Enjoy!
How to Make Fudge on the Stove-Top:
This Grinch Fudge can easily be made on your stovetop in a saucepan on low heat. You can also use a double boiler to melt the chocolate over medium heat.
Add the chocolate chips to your saucepan and continue stirring until the white chocolate chips are melted. Combine with the other ingredients to create a white chocolate fudge.
Add drops of green food coloring for a delicious Grinch themed fudge.
- Creamy Fudge – If you have problems with the white chocolate being creamy when melted. You can add a small amount of vegetable oil to the melted chocolate.
- Size of Pan – We used a 8×8 baking dish to make this fudge. If you prefer a thinner fudge you can use a 9×9 pan.
- Line the pan – The entire pan of fudge mixture can easily be lifted out. When the pan is lined with parchment paper. You can also spray it with cooking spray.
- Cutting Fudge – If the fudge is made into a 8×8 baking dish, you can get 16 slices. We like to plate the red heart candy in the middle of each slice.
- Melting Chocolate – Make sure that you are melting the white chocolate chips in a large microwave safe bowl. You want the mixture to be contained to the bowl so it does not make a big mess.
- Chill before cutting – Make sure the fudge has been giving enough time to chill before cutting. It will make it easier to cut and they will look better.
- Quality Chocolate – Since this fudge is made with simple ingredients, we recommend using quality chocolate. The fudge will taste better and so will the texture.
Grinch Fudge Variations:
- Add Flavor – This fudge recipe can be changed by adding in different flavors of extract. We recommend adding in peppermint extract or vanilla extract. This really gives it that holiday flavor.
- Drizzle Chocolate – To add flavor and texture, drizzle the tops of the green fudge with melted white chocolate.
- Red Heart Candy – If you unable to find a red heart sprinkle. You can use a Red M&M or red sprinkles to top the fudge.
Do I need a Candy Thermometer to make fudge?
This no bake fudge does not require a candy thermometer. You will melt the chocolate in the microwave and then combine with the additional ingredients. The fudge will set as it is chilling in the fridge.
How to Cut Fudge:
When preparing to serve your fudge, we recommend following these steps to cut your fudge properly. Make sure there is a red heart in each slice of fudge.
- Remove Fudge – When we are ready to cut fudge, I like to remove from the pan. If you lined your pan with parchment, it should be easy to remove.
- Warm Knife – We like to run our knife under hot water and then dry. A warm knife makes the best cuts.
- Sharp Knife – Place fudge on a cutting board and with a sharp begin cutting the fudge the size you prefer. Cut fudge when it is cold for best results.
How to Store Leftovers:
Refrigerate the leftover fudge in an airtight container for up to 1 week. Let the store fudge sit at room temperature for 20-30 minutes to soften some and then it’s ready to enjoy.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Yes, you can freeze fudge. Cover fudge with a plastic wrap and then foil to prevent freezer burns. Fudge will last about 6 months in the freezer if stored properly.
Thaw fudge at room temperature when you are ready to enjoy.
Yes, you can add food coloring to chocolate. We recommend using green gel food coloring for best results. It gives the fudge the best color and it does not water it down.
Regular food coloring has water in it.
Fudge will last about 2 weeks if placed in the refrigerator. It will last up to 3 month if stored properly in the freezer.
Print Recipe for Grinch Fudge:
- 12 oz White Chocolate Chips
- 14 oz Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 Tablespoon Unsalted Butter softened
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- Need Green Food Coloring
- Red Heart Sprinkles
- Line an 8X8 baking dish with foil or parchment paper.
- Place the white chocolate chips in a microwave safe dish.
- Microwave the chips in 30 second intervals, stirring between each interval until they are melted.
- Stir in the condensed milk, butter and salt.
- Add the neon green food coloring into the mixture until it reaches the color you desire.
- Pour the mixture into the pan. Slightly bang the pan on the countertop to even out the top layer of the fudge.
- Add the red heart sprinkles on top of the fudge. Make sure to spread them out evenly so that there is one heart in each piece of fudge when they are cut. I put 16 hearts on the fudge (4 across and 4 down).
- Allow to cool at room temperature and then place in the refrigerator to set (for approximately 1-2 hours).
- Cut and serve. Enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe