We love making this Christmas Coal Fudge as a holiday gift or prank. It is the perfect Christmas Coal Candy and the perfect festive treats.
Get my Christmas Cookbook Bundle 75%
Christmas Coal Fudge Recipe:
If you keep telling your kids they are getting a lump of coal this Christmas. Then this coal fudge recipe is for you. It is the perfect sweet treat, easy to make with simple ingredients.
Vanilla fudge is tinted black and topped with sparkly glitter sprinkles for amazing flavor. You will love the way it taste and how fun it is to make.
Surprise the kids on Christmas Morning by placing this coal fudge near their stocking. It will be a memory that will last a lifetime.
Easy Black Coal Candy Fudge for Christmas:
If you are looking for a fun treat to make this Christmas, make this black fudge. We make a lot of fudge recipes and this is the perfect fudge recipe.
If you are looking at giving the gift of coal, make this easy Christmas fudge recipe. It is the perfect amount of sweetness and all you need is a few simple ingredients.
- White Chocolate Chips
- Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Unsalted Butter
- Vanilla Extract
- Black Gel Food Coloring
- Black Sprinkles or Sanding Sugar (for topping)
How to Make Christmas Coal Fudge:
- Step 1 – Place White Chocolate Chips – Place the white chocolate chips with the butter in a microwave safe dish.
- Step 2 – Microwave Chocolate – Microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring between each interval until they are melted.
- Step 3 – Add in Ingredients – Stir in the condensed milk, vanilla extract and salt.
- Step 4 – Stir in Food Coloring – Add in the black food coloring until the mixture is the color that you prefer. You will need 2-3 teaspoons of the food coloring.
- Step 5 – Line an 8X8 baking dish with foil or parchment paper.
- Step 6 – Pour into Prepared Pan – Pour the mixture into the square pan. Slightly bang the pan on the countertop to even out the top layer of the fudge.
- Step 7 – Top with Sprinkles – Top the black fudge with the sprinkles or sanding sugar.
- Step 8 – Cool – Allow to cool at room temperature. Then place in the refrigerator to set for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Step 9 – Serve and Enjoy – Carefully remove the fudge from the pan. Then it’s ready to cut, serve and enjoy.
How to Cut Fudge:
Everyone loves to get nice clean lines when cutting fudge. There are a few tips and tricks to make this easy.
- Use a Sharp Knife – The knife needs to be long and sharp for best results.
- Cut as soon as you remove from the fridge. The fudge needs to be firm and set when you cut into bars.
- Remove any excess fudge on the knife – Wipe the knife clean after cutting the fudge so that you have clean slices.
- Melt Chocolate – Melt the white chocolate in a microwave safe bowl. Make sure to melt in 30 second intervals so the chocolate does not burn. Make sure to keep stirring constantly.
- Stir Ingredients – Add in the remaining ingredients until completely combined.
- Black Color Food Coloring – Add the black food coloring in the fudge mixture. It does not take much to make the fudge black.
- Prepare Baking Dish – Make sure to line the baking dish with parchment paper or wax paper. This makes it easy to remove the fudge to easily cut it.
- Cool Completely – Make sure your fudge has cool completely before cutting into. You want to cut the fudge after it has time to chill.
- Candy Thermometer – There is no need to use a candy thermometer to make this fudge recipe.
Additions and Variations:
- Baking Pan – This recipe is written for a 8×8 baking pan. But you can double the recipe to use a 9 x 13 baking pan.
- Evaporated Milk – If you prefer you can use evaporated milk instead of sweetened condensed milk, you can. You may just need to add in sweetened since evaporated milk is not sweetened.
- Marshmallow Fluff – If you prefer you can add in a cup of 16 ounce container marshmallow fluff. This helps to thicken up the fudge if you prefer.
- Chocolate Chips – You can easily use dark chocolate chips or semi-sweet chocolate.
- Add Flavor – Feel free to add in peppermint extract if you prefer.
- Topping – We used black sprinkles, but feel free to use what you prefer. It would be fun to add red or green sprinkles to top this fudge. Crushed Oreo Cookies is another great option.
- Green Food Coloring – Instead of using black food coloring, feel free to use other types of colors.
How to Store Leftovers:
Store the leftover fudge in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Can you Freeze Fudge?
Fudge is very easy to freeze to enjoy later. It is easy to prepare in advance so that you can save time during the holidays. Make sure the fudge is completely cool and set before freezing.
- Wrap the fudge in parchment paper and then in plastic wrap or foil.
- Place inside a freezer container or ziploc bag.
- When ready to serve, allow to thaw for about an hour and then it is ready to serve.
Print Recipe for Christmas Coal Fudge:
Christmas Coal Fudge
- 18 oz White Chocolate Chips
- 14 oz Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 4 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Black Gel Food Coloring
- Black Sprinkles or Sanding Sugar for topping
- Place the white chocolate chips with the butter in a microwave safe dish.
- Microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring between each interval until they are melted.
- Stir in the condensed milk, vanilla extract and salt.
- Add in the black food coloring until the mixture is the color that you prefer. You will need 2-3 teaspoons of the food coloring.
- Line an 8X8 baking dish with foil or parchment paper.
- Pour the mixture into the pan. Slightly bang the pan on the countertop to even out the top layer of the fudge.
- Top with the sprinkles or sanding sugar.
- Allow to cool at room temperature and then place in the refrigerator to set for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Carefully remove the fudge from the pan and then it’s ready to cut, serve and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe