If you love peppermint flavored drinks, then make Crockpot Peppermint Hot Chocolate. Creamy, delicious and easy to make.
Get my Christmas Cookbook Bundle 75%
Slow Cooker Peppermint Hot Chocolate is the perfect drink to watch your favorite Christmas movies with. Making hot chocolate in the slow cooker has never been easier. But adding in candy canes makes it that much better.
If you love making Holiday Drinks, then this peppermint and chocolate flavored hot chocolate is the one to make. Try these other family favorite drinks, Starbucks Peppermint Mocha, Christmas Hot Chocolate or Grinch Hot Chocolate.
Table of Contents
Why Make this Hot Chocolate:
This hot chocolate is loaded with flavor and easy to make. The ingredients are simple and you probably already have most of them. The slow cooker does all the work and the hot chocolate stays warm while serving on cold winter days.
This Christmas, make this hot chocolate to enjoy while spending time with family.
- Whole Milk
- Heavy Cream
- Milk Chocolate Chips (good quality)
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- Peppermint Candy Canes
- Add in Flavor – To enhance the peppermint flavor and taste in this hot chocolate, you can easily add in peppermint extract. Vanilla extract is also a great addition.
- Milk – We like making hot chocolate with whole milk because rich and creamy it makes it. But you can use almond milk or other dairy-free options.
- Peppermint Schnapps – If you are hosting guests that are adults, then add in alcohol for a delicious treat.
- Hot Cocoa Mix – If you prefer, you can make this with crockpot hot chocolate with a store bought hot cocoa mix.
Step by Step Instructions:
- Step 1 – Place all the ingredients in a crock pot.
- Step 2 – Cover and cook on low for 2 hours, stirring every 30 minutes.
- Step 3 – Serve warm with a ladle and your favorite toppings and enjoy.
- Step 4 – Keep the crock pot on the warm setting. Then continue to stir every 30-60 minutes to make sure that the hot chocolate does not burn at the bottom.
- Combining the Ingredients – Add all the ingredients to the slow cooker and stir. There is no need to mix separately when everything can be combined in the crockpot.
- Stirring – As the hot chocolate cooks in the crockpot, make sure to stir about every 30 minutes. This ensures that the hot chocolate doesn’t burn.
- Saucepan – Feel free to make in a saucepan if you prefer. Whisk the ingredients together and heat over low heat or medium heat.
Hot Chocolate Toppings:
When we serve hot chocolate, we love to make a Hot Chocolate Bar. This way everyone can add their favorite toppings for a delicious warm drink.
Try out some of these family favorite toppings in your favorite holiday mug.
- Crushed Candy Canes
- Crushed Peppermint Candies
- Whipped Cream
- Fresh Mint
- Chocolate Shavings
- White Chocolate Chips
- Mini Marshmallows
Frequently Asked Questions:
Refrigerate any leftovers in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
Chocolate and peppermint is the perfect combination. Feel free to use semi sweet chocolate chips or white chocolate chips.
More Easy Christmas Drink Recipes:
If you try this Crockpot Peppermint Hot Chocolate Recipe, make sure to leave us a comment. We love hearing from you.
Crockpot Peppermint Hot Chocolate
- 6 cups whole milk
- 1 1/2 cups Heavy whipping Cream
- 2 cups Milk Chocolate Chips good quality
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 10 Candy Canes
- Place all the ingredients in a crock pot.
- Cover and cook on low for 2 hours, stirring every 30 minutes.
- Serve warm with your favorite toppings (marshmallows, mini candy canes, etc) and enjoy!
- Keep the crock pot on the warm setting and then continue to stir every 30-60 minutes to make sure that the hot chocolate does not burn at the bottom.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe