Christmas Crunch is a crispy, addictive snack that is loaded with flavor. Make this treat this holiday season for a dessert or a holiday gift.
Get my Christmas Cookbook Bundle 75%
Easy Christmas Crunch Recipe:
Christmas Crunch Snack mix is highly addictive and loaded with amazing flavor. The red and green M&M makes it so fun and festive and the perfect Christmas treats.
Make a batch of this Christmas Crunch Popcorn Snack Mix for all your holiday plans. This salty snack mix is perfect for the kids to help combine the simple ingredients.
This snack mix can easily be made in a variety of ways. Add in your favorite toppings to make this your own. We love to double the batch, place in holiday jars and give out to our neighbors and friends.
What is Christmas Crunch?
Christmas Crunch is the perfect holiday treat. It is sweet and salty and combines popcorn, white chocolate and M&M. It is fun and festive and can be made with many different ingredients.
- Popcorn (popped)
- Baby Pretzels
- White Candy Melts 12 oz bag
- Vegetable Oil
- Green and Red M&Ms
- Christmas Sprinkles
How to Make Christmas Crunch:
- Step 1 – Pop the Popcorn – Pop the popcorn based on the bag instructions. Then line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Step 2 – Spread Popcorn – Spread the popcorn over the parchment paper or wax paper. Then remove the non popped kernels from the pan.
- Step 3 – Top with Pretzels – Sprinkle the baby pretzels on top. Then gently mix them into the popcorn with your hands.
- Step 4 – Melt Candy Melts – Place the candy melts and vegetable oil in a microwave safe dish. Heat in 20 second intervals (stirring after each one) until the melts are fully melted.
- Step 5 – Drizzle Melted Chocolate – Drizzle half of the melted candy over the popcorn mixture. Then gently toss with a rubber spatula to coat the mixture with the candy melts.
- Step 6 – Add Toppings – Pour the remaining melted white chocolate over the popcorn mixture. Then sprinkle the M&Ms and Christmas Sprinkles on top.
- Step 7 – Serve and Enjoy – Let the mixture cool completely so that the candy can harden. It will take at least 15 minutes to cool completely. Then break into pieces and serve.
What Type of Popcorn to Use?
Feel free to use different types of popcorn for this recipe. You can easily be made with air popped popcorn instead. We have even used store bought popcorn. Just make sure to use the plain popcorn.
If you use butter popcorn it could be to greasy. This recipe uses approximately 10 cups of popped popcorn.
Christmas Crunch Recipe Tips:
- Baking Sheet – When preparing the baking sheet, make sure to line it with parchment paper. This helps for an easy cleanup and to combine the ingredients.
- Popcorn – When spreading the popcorn on the baking sheet, remove any kernels that are not popped. It is hard to find them once you add the melted chocolate.
- Melting Chocolate – We recommend melting the chocolate in the microwave. Make sure to burn the chocolate as it is melting. Melt in 30 seconds increments until melted. Melt the chocolate in a microwave safe bowl.
- Stir Ingredients – When combining the ingredients with the popcorn, make sure to fully coat the popcorn.
- Melted Chocolate – We used candy melts to melt but you can also use white chocolate chips or almond bark.
- Use for Other Holidays – Substitute the red and green M&M’s for other seasonal M&M’s, peanut M&M or plain ones. You can pair this with any sprinkles that work for the occasion to enjoy these year round. We have made it for Easter and Halloween.
- Chex Cereal – Instead of popcorn, use Rice Chex cereal. It is a tasty variation that combines well with the other ingredients.
- Christmas Crunch Toppings – There are many different toppings for this Christmas Crunch. Add peanuts, chopped cookies, or mini marshmallows.
- Pretzel Pieces – This is the perfect recipe to use broken pretzel pieces or any sizes of pretzels. We love the sweet and salty combination and the pretzel and peanuts flavor.
How to Store Leftovers:
You can store the leftovers at room temperature. Store in an airtight container or bag for up to 1 week.
Perfect for Gifting:
This delicious combination of simple ingredients makes a wonderful treat. It is so easy and frugal for gift giving. We love it for movie night and much more.
The entire recipe is just so simple. Give it a try and see why it is a family tradition in our house. We have even added in mint candy and crushed peppermint for delicious flavor.
It is easy to adapt for what you have on hand and turns out fabulous every time. We love to have a large bowl for all the holiday parties.
Print Recipe for Christmas Crunch:
- 2 bags Popcorn popped
- 1 cup Baby Pretzels
- 1 bag White Candy Melts 12 oz bag
- 1 teaspoon Vegetable Oil
- 1 cup Green and Red M&Ms
- Christmas Sprinkles
- Pop the popcorn based on the bag instructions and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Spread the popcorn over the parchment paper and remove the non popped kernels from the pan.
- Sprinkle the baby pretzels on top and gently mix them into the popcorn with your hands.
- Place the candy melts and vegetable oil in a microwave safe dish. Heat in 20 second intervals (stirring after each one) until the melts are fully melted.
- Drizzle half of the melted candy over the popcorn mixture and gently toss with a rubber spatula to coat the mixture with the candy melts.
- Pour the remaining candy melts over the popcorn mixture and sprinkle the M&Ms and Christmas Sprinkles on top.
- Let the mixture cool completely so that the candy can harden. Then break into pieces and serve.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe