Red Velvet Popcorn combines 4 ingredients to make a delicious dessert. Simple to make and always a crowd favorite for all your holiday gatherings.
Get my Christmas Cookbook Bundle 75%
Easy Red Velvet Popcorn Recipe:
This Red Velvet Popcorn Recipe is so easy to make. It combines that flavors of red velvet cake, melted white chocolate and popcorn to make a delicious snack or dessert.
It is the perfect amount of sweet and salty to make the best holiday treat. If your are use to buying gourmet popcorn as gifts for this holiday, make this popcorn instead. With only 4 ingredients, it is budget friendly and easy to make.
This Red Velvet Popcorn is perfect for many occasions. Christmas, Valentine’s Day or just for movie night. If you love red velvet desserts, this is a must try recipe. The delicious blend of popcorn and all the flavors of red velvet taste divine.
- Popped Popcorn approximately 3 bags
- Red Velvet Cake Mix prepared based on the package instructions
- White Chocolate Chips
- Vegetable Oil
How to Make Red Velvet Popcorn:
- Step 1 – Bake Cake – Bake the cake according to the package instructions and let it cool at room temperature.
- Step 2 – Crumble Cake – Crumble about ⅓ of the cake.
- Step 3 – Add white chocolate chips to bowl – Next, Add the white chocolate chips to a microwave safe large bowl.
- Step 4 – Melt Chocolate – Microwave it in 30 second intervals, stirring after each interval until almost melted. Then stir in the vegetable oil.
- Step 5 – Place popcorn on baking sheet – Spread the popcorn out onto 2 baking sheets. Make sure they are lined with parchment paper or wax paper lined baking sheet. Drizzle the white chocolate over the popcorn and gently toss the popcorn to coat it with the white chocolate.
- Step 6 – Add Red Velvet Cake – Sprinkle the red velvet crumbs on top. Then gently toss again until the popcorn is coated with the cake crumbs.
- Step 7 – Serve and Enjoy – Let the chocolate set and harden. Break apart the popcorn and then it’s ready to serve and enjoy!
- Baking Sheet – When pouring the popcorn in a large baking sheet, make sure it is lined with parchment paper. This makes for an easy cleanup.
- Crumbing the cake – After baking the cake, we crumbled about ⅓ cup. But you can always do more if you prefer. Use food process to crumble the red velvet cake crumbs in small pieces.
- Rest Coated Popcorn Mixture – Make sure to allow popcorn mixture to harden before trying to break apart to serve.
- Popcorn – We recommend using plain or kettle style popcorn for this recipe. Butter popcorn may not work as well.
- Melting Chocolate – When melting the white chocolate chips, be careful not to burn the chocolate. We recommend melting in 30 second intervals. Then stir the melted chocolate completely.
- Kernels – Pick out any un popped popcorn kernels from the popcorn before coating in chocolate.
Red Velvet Popcorn Variations:
- Popcorn – When making this red velvet popcorn mixture, feel free to use anytype of popped corn. You can use store bought, microwave, or air popper.
- Change the Cake – Feel free to use different flavors of cake. Strawberry, lemon, chocolate or vanilla will also work with this recipe.
- Chocolate – You can also change the chocolate to what you prefer. Melt milk chocolate chips or dark chocolate chips for amazing flavor.
- Add-ins – To add color and texture, feel free to add in some chopped nuts or coconut. You can even mix in some chopped candy bar pieces.
- Sprinkles – This is optional but sometimes I like to add sprinkles to the top of the popcorn. It makes this treat even more festive.
How long will it last:
It will last up to a week if stored properly. However, it is best enjoyed within 2 to 3 days or it will start to get soggy.
How to Store:
Store for up to 1 week in an airtight container. We like to make this popcorn treat several times during the holidays and keep in a jar.
Simple Red Velvet Popcorn Recipe:
This tasty blend of popcorn is so easy to make with just a few ingredients. It takes just minutes to make but turns outs perfectly. The salty popcorn and sweet chocolate and Red Velvet make the best combination.
If you like trying gourmet popcorn, this is definitely a great recipe to try. It is the perfect treat to wrap up and give as gifts. Even better to add it to a dessert tray for family and friends.
It is beautiful on the dessert table and always one of the first to go. You will not be disappointed if you make this treat. Plus, it is very inexpensive to make.
This gourmet popcorn is a delicious to enjoy year round. But we love making the Red Velvet Popcorn to enjoy during the holiday season. My kids love red velvet cake and are always excited for this special holiday treat.
Print Recipe here for Red Velvet Popcorn:
Red Velvet Popcorn
- 12 cups Popped Popcorn approximately 3 bags
- 1 box Red Velvet Cake Mix prepared based on the package instructions
- 2 cups White Chocolate Chips
- 1 teaspoon Vegetable Oil
- Bake the cake according to the package instructions and let it cool at room temperature.
- Crumble about ⅓ of the cake.
- Next, Add the white chocolate chips to a microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave it in 30 second intervals, stirring after each interval until almost melted. Then stir in the vegetable oil.
- Spread the popcorn out onto 2 baking sheets lined with parchment paper. Drizzle the white chocolate over the popcorn and gently toss the popcorn to coat it with the white chocolate.
- Sprinkle the red velvet crumbs on top and gently toss again until the popcorn is coated with the cake crumbs.
- Let the chocolate set and harden. Break apart the popcorn and then it’s ready to serve and enjoy!
- Store for up to 1 week in an airtight container.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More Red Velvet Desserts:
- Red Velvet Fudge Recipe
- Mini Red Velvet Cheesecake Recipe
- Cheesecake Factory Red Velvet Cheesecake Recipe
- Candy Cane Popcorn Recipe
- Red Velvet Ice Cream Recipe
- Easy Red Velvet Cookies