This Beanie Weenies is a childhood favorite recipe that we serve for every holiday as a appetizer. Simple ingredients makes this side dish so delicious.
Easy Beanie Weenies Recipe:
Beanie Weenies is the ultimate comfort food. It is a classic recipe that we love to serve when we have friends and family over. It is perfect for the holidays but also as a game day appetizer.
We made this recipe with only 3 ingredients which makes it a budget friendly appetizer. This recipe can even be made with baked beans for a hearty side dish.
This recipe heats perfectly in the oven but you can also make on the stove top or in your crockpot. Add in seasoning, bell peppers and more to serve as a main course or a appetizer.
What are Beanie Weenies?
Beanie Weenies is a classic recipe that can be made in many different ways. You can make this recipe adding in baked beans. Substitute the little smokes with beef hotdogs, or pork hot dogs.
It is the perfect dish to take to your next potluck, holiday dinner or a game day appetizer.
- Little Smokies (14 ounces)
- Brown Sugar
- Pineapple Juice
How to make Beanie Weenies:
- Step 1 – Heat Oven – Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Step 2 – Layer little smokies – Place the little smokies in a baking pan.
- Step 3 – Top with brown sugar – Sprinkle the brown sugar on top and pour the pineapple juice over the little smokies.
- Step 4 – Bake – Bake for 45-50 minutes until the sugar is dissolved. Stir the mixture every 10-15 minutes.
- Step 5 – Serve – Then the beanie weenies are ready to serve and enjoy.
- Combining Ingredients – There is no need to use a mixing bowl to combine the ingredients. This tasty side dish can easily be layered in a baking dish to cook evenly.
- Baking Beenie Weenies – Bake the side dish for about 45 minutes. This is heating and dissolving the ingredients. Cooking time may vary depending on your oven.
- Stirring Occasionally – For best results, we recommend stirring the mixture every 10 minutes. This helps the beanie weenies to cook evenly.
- Pork and Beans – Make this dish with pork and beans. We love the flavor and the perfect dish to make on your stovetop. Allow the ingredients to simmer to heat thoroughly over medium heat. Franks and beans is always a family favorite.
- Worcestershire Sauce – We love the flavor of worcestershire sauce when added to this dish. It adds warm flavors.
- Different Kind of Hot Dogs – We love the flavors of the little smokies. But feel free to use different types of hot dogs.
- Seasoning – You can easily add in seasoning to this mixture for flavor. Add in garlic powder, minced onion powder, or liquid smoke.
- Add Sauce – This 3 ingredients side dish is a base recipe. We have even added in mustard, ketchup, BBQ sauce, vinegar, and maple syrup.
- Heat on Skillet – If you prefer you can cook the little smokies in a skillet until they are lightly browned.
- Pineapple Chunks – Feel free to add in pineapple chunks for a sweet and savory flavor side dish.
What to Serve with Beanie Weenies?
Beanie Weenies is the perfect recipe because of the many different ways to serve them. We have served them as a appetizer or as a main dish. These are some of our favorite side dishes.
- Potato Salad – This recipe has the perfect blend of mayonnaise, sweet pickles, spices and more for such a flavorful potato salad. It has the perfect combination of everything for an amazing potato salad recipe.
- Mac and Cheese – This easy Baked Mac and Cheese recipe is so creamy and cheesy. Plus, the delicious bread crumb topping makes this Southern mac and cheese simply amazing. This is the perfect side to any meal you serve, rather it is for a holiday dinner or weeknight meal.
- Christmas Lunch Ideas – These are some more lunch ideas that can be served with these Beanie Weenies. They are easy to make and made with simple ingredients.
Can I Make in the Slow Cooker?
These beanie weenies can easily be made in the crock pot. The ingredients can be added to the slow cooker to cook and keep warm while serving.
I like to use a smaller crockpot to make these. But if you double the recipe, you may need to use your large crockpot.
Cook the beanie weenies on low for about 1 hour to 2 hours.
Quick and Easy Appetizer:
This Beanie Weenies is always a crowd favorite. I love it because you only need 3 ingredients and they are easy to serve. You can make for a potluck or a holiday dinner.
The prep time is minimal and are heated within an hour. The oven does all the work.
How to Store Leftovers:
Refrigerate the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Print Recipe for Beanie Weenies:
- 1 pkg Little Smokies 14 ounces
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 cup Pineapple Juice
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place the little smokies in a baking pan.
- Sprinkle the brown sugar on top and pour the pineapple juice over the little smokies.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes until the sugar is dissolved. Stir the mixture every 10-15 minutes.
- Then the beanie weenies are ready to serve and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe