Make these Christmas Chocolate Covered Strawberries for a fun and festive holiday treat. They are easy to make with simple ingredients.
Get my Christmas Cookbook Bundle 75%
Easy Christmas themed Chocolate Covered Strawberries:
These Christmas Chocolate Covered Strawberries is the perfect treat. My kids love to decorate them with fun green and red sprinkles and melted chocolate. Take your favorite berries to the next level with these hand-dipped berries treats.
We love spreading holiday cheer with these chocolate covered strawberries. They are easy to make with the freshest fruit. Make a decadent assortment of strawberries when you are heading to your next holiday party.
Celebrate this holiday season with these chocolate covered strawberries Christmas. We love making homemade gifts for the holidays and these make the gift. Place in a gift box or wrap in a plastic bag for a easy gift idea.
How do I Choose the Best Strawberries?
You want to select strawberries that are ripe and bright red so they will be full of flavor. Just make sure the strawberries are not too ripe as you do not want mushy strawberries.
I usually select strawberries that are large which makes them easier to dip into the chocolate.
- Fresh Strawberries
- Chocolate Almond Bark
- White Chocolate Almond Bark
- Christmas Sprinkles
How to Make Christmas Chocolate Covered Strawberries:
- Step 1 – Line Baking Sheet – Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Step 2 – Add bark to bowl – Add each of the Almond Bark to 2 microwave safe bowls.
- Step 3 – Microwave chocolate – Microwave each chocolate starting with 1 minute, stir.
- Step 4 – Keep Stirring – Heat for 20-30 second intervals, stirring after each time.
- Step 5 – Don’t burn chocolate – Stop just before chocolate is completely melted, then stir the chocolate until it’s completely melted. This is to prevent the chocolate from burning.
- Step 6 – Dip Strawberries – Dip strawberries in melted chocolate (half in the chocolate and half in the white chocolate). Place on the parchment covered baking sheet after coming to room temperature.
- Step 7 – Drizzle Chocolate – Drizzle the other color of chocolate on each of the strawberries and top with the Christmas sprinkles.
- Step 8 – Rest Strawberries – Let the strawberries sit for 5-10 minutes so that the chocolate can harden.
- Step 9 – Serve and Enjoy – Then the strawberries are ready to serve and enjoy!
Why We Love this Chocolate Covered Strawberries Recipe:
- Easy to Decorate – These chocolate covered strawberries can be used for any special occasion or holidays. You can easily decorate with any types of sprinkles or melted chocolate.
- No Bake Dessert – If you are looking for an easy no bake dessert this is the one to make. You only need a few ingredients and you can easily make these ahead of time.
- Easy to Serve – We like to make these while decorate the Christmas tree or watch our favorite Christmas movie. They also make a delicious and easy homemade gift.
How long do Chocolate Covered Strawberries stay fresh?
These chocolate covered strawberries are best served within 2 days. Make sure to keep them refrigerated when not serving. They may last longer, you may just need to inspect them before eating.
Should Strawberries be cold before Dipping in Chocolate?
We recommend dipping strawberries once they have reached room temperature. The chocolate sticks to the strawberry better when they are at room temperature.
Recipe Tips and Tricks:
- Dry the Strawberry – Make sure to clean the strawberries before decorating. We like to dry with a paper towel before dipping in the chocolate.
- Dipping Strawberry – Dip the strawberry in the chocolate on the bottom of the strawberry. Hold the top of the strawberry with the stem to easily dip in the chocolate.
- Type of Chocolate – Make sure to use quality chocolate or the best chocolate you can find at the store. You can also melt white chocolate chips or candy melts for a variety of colors.
- Excess Chocolate – You can use a fork to assist in dipping the strawberry.
- Melting Chocolate – Be careful melting chocolate in the microwave. Stir the chocolate after 30 second intervals to easily melt the chocolate. You can also melt the chocolate in a double boiler.
How to Decorate Chocolate Covered Strawberries:
This Christmas Recipes can easily be decorated in many different ways. Get creative and decorate with many different melted chocolate and sprinkles.
- Piping Bags – Place the melted chocolate in piping bags to create different designs on the strawberries. Create mini chocolate trees or snowflakes for a fun and festive treats.
- Sprinkles – We have used different color sprinkles depending on the holiday that we are celebrating. Use chocolate sprinkles, red or green sprinkles for a delicious treat.
- Change the Chocolate – Melt candy melts to create different designs on your chocolate covered strawberries. We like to use green drizzle when decorating these strawberries. You can even use milk chocolate or dark chocolate.
- Toppings – Add your favorite toppings such as chopped nuts, mini chocolate chips, or crushed candy canes.
How to Store Leftovers:
Refrigerate the leftover strawberries for up to 48 hours. We recommend serving them the same day you make them. Cover the container with plastic wrap or a lid.
Can I use Frozen Strawberries?
It is best to use fresh strawberries in this recipe. Frozen strawberries will not work in this recipe.
Print Recipe for Christmas Chocolate Covered Strawberries:
Christmas Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- 1 pint Strawberries
- 16 oz chocolate almond bark
- 16 oz white chocolate almond bark
- Christmas Sprinkles
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add each of the Almond Bark to 2 microwave safe bowls.
- Microwave each chocolate starting with 1 minute, stir.
- Heat for 20-30 second intervals, stirring after each time.
- Stop just before chocolate is completely melted, then stir the chocolate until it’s completely melted. This is to prevent the chocolate from burning.
- Dip strawberries in melted chocolate (half in the chocolate and half in the white chocolate) and place on the parchment covered baking sheet.
- Drizzle the other color of chocolate on each of the strawberries and top with the Christmas sprinkles.
- Let the strawberries sit for 5-10 minutes so that the chocolate can harden.
- Then the strawberries are ready to serve and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe