Instant Pot Green Beans and Bacon is a delicious side dish to serve this Christmas. This a quick and easy side dish that requires on a few ingredients.
Get my Christmas Cookbook Bundle 75%
Instant Pot Green Beans and Bacon Recipe:
If you are needing a quick and easy side dish to serve for the holidays, make this Instant Pot Green Beans and Bacon with our Instant Pot Scalloped Potatoes. It is simple to make with easy ingredients and it taste like it has been slow cooked all day.
Save space in your oven or stove and make everyone’s favorite side dish in the pressure cooker. Adding the green beans and simple seasoning gives the green beans so much flavor.
Impress your family and friends this Christmas with this easy side dish. It is budget friendly, low carb and easy to make. This green beans and bacon side dish pairs well with your turkey and ham to complete your holiday meal.
See more 55 Best Instant Pot Christmas Recipes.
- Fresh Green Beans (washed and the ends trimmed)
- Bacon (chopped)
- Chicken Broth
- Minced Garlic
How to Make Green Beans and Bacon in the Instant Pot:
- Step 1 – Add ingredients to Instant Pot – Place everything in the instant pot.
- Step 2 – Seal the Instant Pot – Add the lid and set the valve to the sealing position.
- Step 3 – Cook on High Pressure – Cook on high pressure and set the timer to 0 minutes. (The green beans will cook as the instant pot comes to pressure.)
- Step 4 – Do Quick Release – Then do a quick release to release the pressure from the instant pot.
- Step 5 – Stir and Serve – Stir and serve.
Can you Overcook Green Beans?
It all depends on how soft you want your green beans. We like a little crisp in our green beans so we try to only cook them for about a minute. But if you do cook them longer, some people might think they are over cook.
How to Trim Fresh Green Beans:
- Gather Green Beans – We recommend gather about 15 green beans and place on a cutting board. Line up the green beans in uniform manner.
- Cut with Sharp Knife – With one hand on the green beans, use the other hand to cut the ends off the green beans.
- Ready To cut – After cutting the ends off, the are now ready to cook and enjoy.
How Long to Cook Green Beans in the Instant Pot:
It all depends on how well you want the green beans cooked. It only take a few minutes to cook the green beans with a slight crisp. If you want the green beans to be softer, you can cook them about a minute longer.
Tips for Instant Pot Green Beans with Bacon:
- Cooking Green Beans – If you like your fresh green green beans softer, then set the timer for 1-2 minute. Cooking time will vary based on how soft you want your green beans.
- Trim Green Beans – Before placing the green beans in the instant pot make sure you have clean and trimmed off the ends.
- If you are using frozen green beans – You do not need to thaw them, just place them in the instant pot as the recipe indicates.
- Mixing the ingredients – When you are mixing the ingredients together, make sure you are scraping the bottom of the instant pot. This make sure all the ingredients are mixed well together.
- Bacon – We do not cook the bacon before adding it to the instant pot. Just add the diced bacon to the instant pot and it will cook with the green beans.
- Adding the Ingredients – We first add the green beans and then season with minced garlic. Then add the bacon and close the lid.
Substitutions and Additions:
- Green Beans – You can make the same recipe and use canned green beans. Just make sure you drain them first, You can also use frozen green beans.
- Seasoning – Feel free to change the seasoning to what you prefer. We used minced garlic, but you can use garlic powder if you prefer. We like to season with salt and pepper before serving.
- Extra Spice – If you prefer some extra spice add in some red pepper flakes.
- Bacon – We used uncooked bacon, but you can also cooked bacon if you prefer. Bacon bits would also work if that is all you had.
- Change the Meat – Instead of bacon, dice up some ham or sausage and cook with the green beans. You can also omit it and cook the green beans without any meat.
- Add in Potatoes – Slice up some russet potatoes and add into the instant pot with the green beans.
How to Serve:
These green beans and bacon side dish is perfect with any cut of meat. We really like making them with our roasted turkey or crock pot ham. But you can also serve with these delicious dinners.
How to Store Leftovers:
These green beans store well in the refrigerator. Place in an air tight container and they will last about 4 days. Serve them with your leftover turkey, ham or mix the leftovers in a casserole dish.
Print Recipe here for Instant Pot Green Beans and Bacon:
Instant Pot Green Beans with Bacon
- 1 lb fresh green beans washed and the ends trimmed
- 6 pieces bacon chopped
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- Place All the ingredients in the instant pot.
- Add the lid and set the valve to the sealing position.
- Cook on high pressure and set the timer to 0 minutes. (The green beans will cook as the instant pot comes to pressure.)
- Then do a quick release to release the pressure from the instant pot.
- Stir and serve.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe