These Eggnog Waffles are the perfect Christmas morning breakfast idea. Take you traditional waffles recipe to the next level and add in eggnog.
Get my Christmas Cookbook Bundle 75%
Easy Waffle Recipe with Eggnog:
Christmas morning we love making a big breakfast. It usually consist of pancakes, homemade waffles, or french toast. We love eggnog so I added it to our waffle batter, and it is my new favorite way to make waffles.
We have even made eggnog pancakes and my kids look forward to it every year. If you are looking for a twist on your classic waffle recipe, make these delicious eggnog waffles. You may even like these Christmas Tree Waffles.
They are easy to make in a waffle maker with your favorite sides. My kids have said that these are the best waffles. Now they start asking for them as soon as eggnog hits the stores.
What is Eggnog?
Eggnog is only available during the holidays. It usually hits the stores in October and can be enjoyed all holiday season. Eggnog is made with eggs, milk, cream, sugar, vanilla and spices.
It is a smooth and creamy drink that can be served with alcohol.
Make the Waffles:
- All Purpose Flour
- Baking Powder
- Ground Nutmeg
- Brown Sugar
- Vegetable Oil
- Vanilla Extract
- Large Eggs
Make the Cinnamon Whipped Cream:
- Heavy Whipping Cream
- Vanilla Extract
How to Make Eggnog Belgian Waffle Recipe:
For the Waffles:
- Step 1 – Heated Waffle Iron – Preheat your waffle iron while you are preparing the waffle batter. Spray the waffle iron with a non-stick cooking spray.
- Step 2 – Combine Ingredients – In a medium bowl, whisk together the four, baking powder, and salt. Add in brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Step 3 – Mix Egg Mixture – In a separate small bowl, whisk together the eggnog, eggs, vegetable oil and vanilla extract.
- Step 4 – Combine dry and wet ingredients – Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until just combined.
- Step 5 – Scoop Batter – Pour the batter into the waffle iron and bake based on the manufacturer’s instructions. Cook until the waffles are golden brown. Continue this process until all the waffles are prepared.
How to Make Homemade Whipped Cream:
- Step 1 – Combine Ingredients – Add all the whipped cream ingredients to a stand up mixer bowl fitting with the whisk attachment.
- Step 2 – Continue Mixing – Mix the ingredients together on low speed. Then slowly increase the speed to medium high.
- Step 3 – Stiff Peaks Form – Mix until stiff peaks are formed. Be careful not to over mix.
- Step 4 – Serve and Enjoy – Top the waffles with the cinnamon whipped cream when serving and enjoy this eggnog recipes.
Eggnog Waffle Topping Ideas:
These eggnog waffles are full of holiday flavor, but we like to add our favorite toppings. You can also create a waffle bar so everyone can create their own. These are some of our favorites.
- Maple Syrup
- Whipped Cream
- Ground Cinnamon
- Powdered Sugar
Eggnog Waffle Recipe Tips:
- Add Waffle Batter – When pouring waffle batter on waffle maker, keep in mind that it will expand. Make sure to not overfill.
- Cooking Waffles – Cook waffles until they are golden brown. My waffle make will turn on ready light when they are finished cooking. Make sure to cook them a little longer the regular wafflers.
- Prepare Waffle Maker – Your waffle maker will need to be sprayed with cooking spray to prevent waffles from sticking.
- Mixing Waffle Batter – Do not overmix waffle batter. You want to mix until your ingredients are combined.
Egg Nog Waffles Variation Ideas:
- Ground Cinnamon – For fluffy eggnog waffles with cinnamon add in a teaspoon of cinnamon. It adds warm flavor and a great combination with the eggnog.
- Nutmeg – A teaspoon nutmeg is also a nice addition with the other ingredients.
- Gluten Free Waffles – Feel free to make this recipe with gluten free flour instead of all purpose flour.
- Waffle Iron – These waffles can be made with any type of waffle maker. You can even make Belgium waffle maker or a regular one.
How to Store Leftovers:
Refrigerate the leftover waffles in an airtight container or bag for up to 1 week. You can also freeze leftover waffles, by storing in a freezer safe container.
Print Recipe for Eggnog Waffles:
For the Waffles:
- 2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 Tablespoons Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- 2 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 2 cups Eggnog
- 1/4 cup Vegetable Oil
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 2 Large Eggs
For the Cinnamon Whipped Cream:
- 1 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2 Tablespoons Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
For the Waffles:
- Heat a waffle iron while you are preparing the waffle batter. Spray the waffle iron with a non-stick cooking spray.
- În a medium size mixing bowl, whisk together the four, baking powder, salt, brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together the eggnog, eggs, vegetable oil and vanilla extract.
- Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the waffle iron and bake based on the manufacturer’s instructions until the waffles are golden brown. Continue this process until all the waffles are prepared.
For the Whipped Cream:
- Add all the whipped cream ingredients to a stand up mixer bowl fitting with the whisk attachment.
- Mix the ingredients together on low speed. Then slowly increase the speed to medium high.
- Mix until stiff peaks are formed. Be careful not to over mix.
- Top the waffles with the cinnamon whipped cream when serving and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe