Cracker Barrel Hashbrown Casserole is creamy, cheesy and delicious. It is made with frozen hashbrowns, cheese and other simple ingredients.
Copycat Cracker Barrel Hashbrown Casserole Recipe:
Copycat Cracker Barrel Potato Casserole Recipe is the perfect side dish and easy to prepare. This casserole is loaded with cheese, frozen hash browns, and other creamy ingredients. This casserole dish is a must for all of your holiday dinners.
Potato Casserole at Cracker Barrel is a must side dish when we go to our favorite restaurant. We love making copycat recipes and this comfort food casserole is always on our Christmas menu.
If you are looking for an easy, simple to prepare side dish make this hashbrown casserole. Serve with dinner or make it for breakfast. This casserole bakes hot, bubbly, and creamy and a crowd pleasing dish.
What is Hashbrown Casserole?
Cheesy Potato Casserole Recipe is loaded with easy ingredients. There are many ways to make this holiday side dish. But adding the cream of chicken soup and sour cream adds to the creaminess.
All the ingredients for the cheesy casserole are mixed in a bowl and layered in a casserole dish. It is then topped with more cheesy so that it melts perfectly on top.
We have served this as a side dish for Christmas dinner but it can also be served for breakfast or brunch.
- Shredded Hash Browns thawed
- Butter melted
- Cream of Chicken Soup 10.5 oz can
- Sour Cream
- White Onion finely chopped
- Cheddar Cheese shredded
- Black Pepper
- Fresh Parsley chopped
How to Make Cheesy Potato Casserole:
- Step 1 – Heat oven and prepare baking dish – Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9X13 baking pan or casserole dish with a non stick cooking spray.
- Step 2 – Combine Ingredients – In a large bowl combine all the ingredients except ½ cup of the cheese in a large bowl. Place this potato mixture in the baking dish.
- Step 3 – Bake Casserole – Bake for 40-45 minutes until the top is browned slightly. Then top the casserole with the remaining shredded cheese. Bake for 3-5 more minutes until the cheese is melted.
- Step 4 – Serve and Enjoy – Allow the casserole to cool at room temperature for 10-15 minutes. Then top with fresh parsley and enjoy!
How to Freeze Hashbrown Casserole:
If you like preparing your holiday recipes ahead of time, this hashbrown casserole is the one to make. Start by mixing the ingredients together and pour into a freezer safe container.
Make sure the container is covered tightly with plastic wrap and aluminum foil then place in the freezer. This casserole will stay fresh for about 3 months.
Then when you are ready to bake, allow casserole to thaw in the refrigerator overnight and bake. Baking time may change since it has been in the freezer.
Topping Ideas for Casserole:
After combining the ingredients in a bowl and pouring into the casserole dish, I like to add more cheese.
But this casserole would also be delicious with some cornflakes. Simple crush about 2 cups of corn flakes in a bowl and combine with melted butter.
Sprinkle this mixture over the top of the casserole and bake.
Tips for Cracker Barrel Hashbrown Casserole:
- Hashbrowns – We recommend thawing the hashbrowns before combining the ingredients. You do not want the added moisture when the hashbrowns thaw out.
- Vegan Option – We use cream of chicken soup for this recipe. But if you prefer you can use cream of mushroom or cream of celery. The casserole is still very flavorful.
- Baking Dish – Spray casserole dish with cooking spray to prevent the mixture from sticking. This also helps for easy cleanup.
- Rest Casserole – After removing casserole from the oven, allow the mixture to rest before serving.
What to Serve with Hash brown Casserole:
- Easy Crock Pot Spiral Ham – Cooking ham in the crock pot is a great way to free up your oven space. Plus you will love how amazing it taste. We love using out slow cooker to make meal time a breeze.
- Roasted Turkey – All you need is a few seasonings, a turkey breast and roasting pan. Coat the turkey with the butter and seasoning and bake until it reaches an internal temperature of 160 degrees.
- Oven Roasted Chicken Breast Recipe – We love chicken and this easy baked chicken recipe is healthy and delicious. I can have this from the oven to the table in under 30 minutes!
Substitutions and Additions:
- Top with Bacon – For an easy way to add flavor and texture, sprinkle the top of the casserole with bacon.
- Add Fried Onions – Top with crunchy fried onions on top just like you do on green bean casserole.
- Mix in Vegetables – For added flavor sneak in some vegetables. You can easily add in chopped broccoli or bell peppers.
- Change the Hashbrowns – You can easily change the different types of hashbrowns that are used. There are different flavors and sizes to use.
- Green Onions – Diced up some green onion to top the casserole. They taste great and look pretty.
- Meat – For a complete meal idea, add in some diced ham. This would be great for an easy weeknight meal.
- Spicy Option – If you want a casserole with a little kick, add in some slice jalapenos. You can even sprinkle in some red pepper flakes.
- Change the Cheese – We used cheddar cheese in this recipe. But you can use a mixture of pepper jack cheese or Colby Monterrey Jack cheese for added flavor.
How to Store Leftovers:
Refrigerate the leftover casserole in an airtight container for up to 5 days. This potato casserole is great leftover.
My husband enjoys it for lunch the next day with some chicken. The leftovers heat up great in the microwave and I know he is getting a good lunch at work.
Easy Copycat Potato Casserole:
Making casseroles for my large family is a must. This Potato Casserole only takes minutes to prepare and the results are a hot, cheesy, potato filled casserole.
We love to cook it until it is extra golden brown on top. We love when the cheese is a little burnt on top.
This casserole is perfect served along side ham, chicken, or even fish. But you can even serve it as a brunch option. This recipe is also similar to funeral potatoes. Loaded with potatoes and cheese to make this easy casserole.
There is really no wrong time to make this ultimate comfort food side dish. Cracker Barrel Potato Casserole is definitely a crowd pleaser.
Print Recipe here for Cracker Barrel Hashbrown Casserole:
Cracker Barrel Hashbrown Casserole Recipe
- 32 oz Shredded Hash Browns thawed
- 1/2 cup Butter melted
- 10.5 oz. Cream of Chicken Soup
- 16 oz Sour Cream
- 1/2 White Onion finely chopped
- 2 cups Cheddar Cheese shredded
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- Fresh Parsley chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and spray a 9X13 baking pan or casserole dish with a non stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl combine all the ingredients except ½ cup of the cheese in a large bowl. Place this mixture in the baking dish.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until the top is browned slightly. Then top the casserole with the remaining shredded cheese. Bake for 3-5 more minutes until the cheese is melted.
- Allow the casserole to cool at room temperature for 10-15 minutes. Then top with fresh parsley and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More Casserole Recipes:
- Broccoli and Rice Casserole Recipe
- Sloppy Joe Tator Tot Casserole Recipe
- Cracker Barrel Sweet Potato Casserole Recipe