Raspberry Jello Salad is the perfect side dish or dessert for your holiday dinners. Simple ingredients makes this dessert so amazing.
Get my Christmas Cookbook Bundle 75%
Raspberry Jello Salad Recipe:
Raspberry Jello Salad is the perfect no bake dessert or side dish for Thanksgiving, Christmas and more. The ingredients are combined easily in a large bowl and then placed in fridge until ready to serve.
This classic recipe can be made in a variety of ways which makes this dessert a family favorite. You may have even made Raspberry Pretzel Jello Salad with a salty pretzel crust.
This dessert is just as simple but without the pretzel layer. Serve this light and refreshing dessert for all your holiday plans.
- Raspberry Jello Mix (3 ounces)
- Boiling Water
- Sour Cream (8 ounces)
- Cool Whip (8 ounces)
- Fresh Raspberries
- Mini Marshmallows
How to Make Raspberry Jello Salad:
- Step 1 – Mix Jell-O – Mix together the boiling water and jello mix. Combine in a large mixing bowl until the powder completely dissolves.
- Step 2 – Chill – Refrigerate for 1 hour to allow the mixture to thicken slightly.
- Step 3 – Add in Sour Cream – Stir in the sour cream and whipped cream until well combined.
- Step 4 – Stir in Raspberries – Then gently stir in the fresh raspberries and mini marshmallows.
- Step 5 – Chill, Serve and Enjoy – Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours. Serve in a baking dish or a glass trifle dish. Then the jello salad is ready to serve and enjoy.
- Mixing Jell-O Ingredients – When combining the jello mix with boiling make sure to stir until completely combined. Allow this mixture to chill for about an hour to thicken.
- Stirring in the Raspberries – When adding in the raspberries, make sure to stir in gently to prevent them from being mushy.
- Set in the Fridge – After combining the ingredients, make sure to refrigerate. It is best served after it has chilled for a few hours.
- Double the Recipe – Since we love this recipe so much, I like to double the recipe. We always have so much leftovers after the holidays, so I am always glad I made extra.
- Frozen Raspberries – We do not recommend using frozen raspberries in this recipe. Even if you using the frozen raspberries thawed. They could add moisture to the mix which could make the jello salad to be runny.
- Serving – You can serve this jello salad in a large bowl or place in serving glass topped with fresh raspberries. We think everything taste better in fancy glasses.
- Change the Fruit – This recipe can be made with different types of fruit. You can mix in fresh strawberries or any type of fresh berries.
- Nuts – Chopped nuts are a common ingredient that is added to this dessert salad. Chopped walnuts or chopped pecans are great options.
- Shredded Coconut – If you love coconut, add in some shredded coconut for added flavor and texture. This addition is a family favorite.
- Cottage Cheese – For a delicious twist on this recipe, mix in a scoop of cottage cheese. It is added protein and gives the dessert salad the perfect texture.
- Crushed Pineapple – Crushed pineapple is another delicious addition to this recipe. Make sure to completely drain the pineapple if using canned fruit.
Can I Prepare Ahead of Time?
Yes, you can make this delicious raspberry jello salad ahead of time. We do recommend waiting to stir in the marshmallows until you about to serve. This allows the marshmallows to remain in tact in the mixture.
But if you prefer, you can mix everything together and the mixture will still be delicious. Prepare the salad no more than 24 hours before serving.
How to Store Leftovers:
Refrigerate the leftovers for up to 2-3 days. Make to store in an air tight container or covered with plastic wrap.
This raspberry jello salad may not freeze very well as the texture may change while thawing.
More Easy Raspberry Dessert Recipes:
Print Recipe for Raspberry Jello Salad:
Raspberry Jello Salad
- 1 box Raspberry Jello Mix 3 ounces
- 1 cup Boiling Water
- 1 container Sour Cream 8 ounces
- 1 container Cool Whip 8 ounces
- 12 ounces Fresh Raspberries
- 2 cups Mini Marshmallows
- Mix together the boiling water and jello mix in a large mixing bowl until the powder completely dissolves.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour to allow the mixture to thicken slightly.
- Stir in the sour cream and Cool Whip until well combined.
- Then gently stir in the fresh raspberries and mini marshmallows.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours. Then the jello salad is ready to serve and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe