This Christmas Cheese Ball is perfect to serve as appetizer or a side dish for all your holiday dinners. Serve with crackers, vegetables and more.
Get my Christmas Cookbook Bundle 75%
Christmas Cheese Ball Recipe:
This holiday cheese ball recipe will be a hit at your holiday dinner. It is made with simple ingredients which makes it taste amazing. It is the perfect appetizer and delicious spread on crackers.
If you are looking for a recipe to make ahead of time, this is the appetizer to make. We shaped the cheese ball into a ball, but you can also shape it into a wreath, log and more.
For an impressive dip to serve this holiday, make this cheese ball. It is loaded with flavor and easy to make. You can easily change the ingredients to what you prefer for this holiday recipe.
Make sure to check out all our Christmas Snack Recipes.
Why We Love this Cheese Ball Recipe:
- Easy Ingredients – We love making cheese balls for many occasions. You can make it with a variety of ingredients for a crowd pleasing appetizer.
- Simple to Make – This cheese ball is quick and easy to make. We love it that we can make it ahead of time. So it is ready when our friends and family arrive. This cheese ball takes about 15 minutes to prepare.
- Crowd Favorite – Before your holiday dinner, serve this appetizer. It is delicious and always a crowd pleaser.
For the Cheeseball:
- Cream Cheese (softened)
- Freshly Grated Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Garlic Salt
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Green Onions (chopped)
For the Topping:
- Chopped Pecans
- Dried Cranberries (chopped)
- Green Onion (chopped)
How to Make Cheese Ball for Christmas:
- Step 1 – Softened Cream Cheese – Make sure your cream cheese is softened so you can stir it. If needed, soften it in the microwave.
- Step 2 – Combine Cream Cheese Ingredients – Mix the softened cream cheese with the other cheese ball ingredients.
- Step 3 – Chill – Place in the fridge and let cool until the cream cheese hardens.
- Step 4 – Combine Topping Ingredients – Stir together the topping ingredients. Pour this mixture on a piece of plastic wrap. Place the hardened cheese mixture on top.
- Step 5 – Shape into a Ball – Roll the cream cheese into the shape of a ball. Then roll it over the topping ingredients so the pecans, cranberries and green onions cover the entire ball.
- Step 6 – Serve and Enjoy – Serve immediately or place in the fridge until ready to eat. Serve with your favorite crackers and enjoy.
- Cream Cheese – Before preparing the cheese ball, make sure the cream cheese has softened to room temperature. This allows you to mix it with the other ingredients with ease.
- Cheese – When choosing your favorite cheese to add, make sure to shredded the cheese yourself. Pre-shredded cheese is loaded with other ingredients and doesn’t taste as good as hunk cheese.
- Combining Ingredients – When we combine the ingredients, we like to use a hand held mixer. You can also mix with a stand mixer if you prefer.
- Chilling Cheese Ball – It is important to give time for your cheese ball to chill in the fridge. The ingredients stick together when chilled and it gives it the best flavor.
- Roll into Toppings – After combining the cheese ball ingredients and allowing it to chill. Roll into pecan topping to completely cover the cheese ball. This gives the cheese ball added texture and flavor.
How Long do Cheese Balls Last:
If stored properly this Cheese Ball will last about 2 weeks in the fridge. This is the perfect recipe to make ahead of time and chill in the refrigerator.
- Cheese – You can use different types of cheese to combine with the cream cheese. We recommend sharp cheddar cheese, white cheddar cheese, or Colby Monterrey Jack.
- Vegetables – This cheese ball is great with many different additions. You can easily add in shredded carrots, red bell pepper, chopped parsley, chopped celery and more. We have even added in pomegranate seeds for a festive look.
- Seasoning – Change the seasoning to what you prefer. Red pepper flakes is great added for an extra kick to the flavor. You can even add in garlic powder, Italian seasoning and more.
What to Serve with Christmas Cheese Ball?
This Christmas Tree cheese ball is perfect to serve on a serving platter with your favorite sides. These are some of our favorite dippers.
When it is hour before serving, remove from the fridge. So you can easily spread or dip with one of these delicious dippers.
- Ritz Crackers
- Pita Chips
- French Bread
- Bell Peppers
How to Store Leftovers:
Refrigerate the leftovers, covered, for up to 2 weeks.
Print Recipe for Christmas Cheese Ball:
Christmas Cheese Ball
For the Cheeseball:
- 8 ounces Cream Cheese softened
- 1 cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- ½ teaspoon Garlic Salt
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 Green Onions chopped
For the Topping:
- ½ cup Chopped Pecans
- ¼ cup Dried Cranberries chopped
- 1 Green Onion chopped
- Make sure your cream cheese is softened so you can stir it. If needed, soften it in the microwave.
- Mix the softened cream cheese with the other cheese ball ingredients.
- Place in the fridge and let cool until the cream cheese hardens.
- Stir together the topping ingredients. Pour this mixture on a piece of plastic wrap. Place the hardened cheese mixture on top.
- Roll the cream cheese into the shape of a ball and roll it over the topping ingredients so the pecans, cranberries and green onions cover the entire ball.
- Serve immediately or place in the fridge until ready to eat.
- Serve with your favorite crackers and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe