If you are looking for a delicious Christmas Ham Recipe then make Peach Glazed Ham. It is easy to make and the perfect sweet and savory flavor.
The Best Peach Glazed Ham Recipe:
We love making ham for Easter, Christmas, and Thanksgiving. The ham cooks perfectly in a shallow roasting pan and the peach glazed gives the ham so much flavor.
The peach glaze is made with only 4 ingredients. The combination of the glaze ingredients gives the ham the perfect sweet and savory flavor.
This ham is made with a spiral cut hams but you can use any type of ham. Add your favorite side dish for a complete holiday meal idea.
What is the Best Ham to Buy?
When making a holiday ham, we like to use a high quality ham. We recommend a spiral ham that is a bone-in ham to make this recipe. The hams bought at the store are fully cooked, just make sure to read the label.
Once you have cooked the ham, you can easily cut it with a sharp knife.
Ingredients for Spiral Ham Recipe:
- Spiral Cut Half Ham (6-8 pounds)
- Peach Preserves
- Brown Sugar
- Dijon Mustard
How to Make Peach Glazed Ham:
- Step 1 – Room Temperature Ham – Remove ham from the refrigerator. Remove at least 2 hours before cooking to come to room temperature.
- Step 2 – Heat Oven – Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Step 3 – Unwrap ham – Unwrap the ham and place it on a roasting pan or baking sheet cut side down.
- Step 4 – Heat Glaze – Add the peach preserves, ½ cup brown sugar, dijon mustard and salt to a saucepan. Heat in saucepan over medium heat.
- Step 5 – Simmer Glaze – Stir and allow the mixture to simmer for 2-3 minutes. Cook until the sugar is dissolved.
- Step 6 – Brush glaze on ham – Brush approximately ½ of the glaze mixture over the ham.
- Step 7 – Wrap with aluminum foil – Loosely wrap the top of the ham with foil.
- Step 8 – Bake Ham – Bake for 12-15 minutes per pound or until ham reaches an internal temperature of 145 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Step 9 – Remove from Oven – Remove the pan from the oven and remove the foil from the ham.
- Step 10 – Brush with Glaze – Brush the remaining glaze onto the ham. Then make sure to get in between the slices on the ham.
- Step 11 – Continue Baking – Bake uncovered for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Step 12 – Rest Ham – Remove and let the ham rest for about 20 minutes.
- Step 13 – Serve and enjoy – Then the ham is ready to slice, serve and enjoy.
How Long to Cook a Spiral Ham:
Cook your spiral ham for about 15 minutes per pound. Cook until the thermometer reads 140 degrees. Make to cook for a few minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 145 degrees for best results.
Your ham is already fully cooked but you are just warm it up.
Peach Glazed Spiral Ham Recipe Tips:
- Glaze – If glaze hardens while the ham is cooking, return to heat to warm it through. Make sure to combine the brown sugar with other ingredients until desolved.
- Meat Thermometer – Use a meat thermometer to ensure your ham is heated through.
- Adding Remaining Glaze – After cooking the ham, we like to add more glaze on it and cooki it longer. After adding the glaze cook the ham longer. Cook for about 15 minutes to 20 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 145 degrees.
- Cutting Ham – Spiral hams are usually precut, but you still might need to slice with a sharp knife. Make sure to get as much meat off the bone as possible. But leaving a little meat on the bone is great too.
- Ham Juices – With the delicious ham juices, you can easily make a ham gravy. Mix with a cornstarch slurry over medium heat combine.
Can I Make in the Slow Cooker?
Yes, you can easily make this ham in a slow cooker. Make sure you use a large enough crockpot. If the lid does not cover the ham, just top with foil and add lid.
Glazed Ham Variation:
If you are looking for a variation to your glaze add in one of these ingredients.
- Maple Syrup
- Apple Cider Vinegar
How to Store Leftovers:
Refrigerate the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days. This leftover ham is great to use in casseroles, soups, and more. If you prefer, you can freeze up to 3 months in a freezer safe container.
Print Recipe for Peach Glazed Ham:
Peach Glazed Ham
- 1 Spiral Cut Half Ham 6-8 pounds
- 1 cup Peach Preserves
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Dijon Mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- Remove ham from the refrigerator at least 2 hours before cooking to come to room temperature.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Unwrap the ham and place it on a roasting pan or baking sheet cut side down.
- Add the peach preserves, brown sugar, dijon mustard and salt to a saucepan. Heat over medium high heat.
- Stir and allow the mixture to simmer for 2-3 minutes until the sugar is dissolved.
- Brush approximately ½ of the glaze mixture over the ham.
- Loosely wrap the top of the ham with foil.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes per pound or until ham reaches an internal temperature of 145 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove the pan from the oven and remove the foil from the ham.
- Brush the remaining glaze onto the ham and make sure to get in between the slices on the ham.
- Bake for 10-15 more minutes.
- Remove and let the ham rest for 10 minutes.
- Then the ham is ready to slice, serve and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe